Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Eternal Kingdoms are coming - Official discussion thread

Looking forward to this, really feels like the foundation of the game is all starting to come together.

The potential for EKs is great, people could come up with some really great map layouts/designs for PvP encounters. 

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Eternal Kingdom Start-up and Shutdown

Additionally, each world will have a time limit, i.e. how long it can be active during a given 24-hour period. We are initially setting this window to one hour of play (not necessarily contiguous; you can boot it in the morning for 15 minutes, shut it down, and then boot it again for 45 minutes that evening) per real-world day, per server.

We are being conservative at this point because we want to make sure operational costs don’t spiral out of control. Once we have a better handle on costs (and player concurrency) of these worlds, we’ll adjust these windows as necessary.

Err, this is just for the testing phases, right? It's not the plan to limit these for release?

Guild Leader of Seeds of War

Using these buildings during the playtests will not permanently consume them

I don't understand. What does "permanently consume" a building mean? I was under the impression I am able to place a building anywhere and will get the building back into my inventory when I remove it. The words "permanently consume" gives me the feeling that the building is lost forever when I place it somewhere and remove it again. Correct me if I am wrong.

Second:

We are being conservative at this point because we want to make sure operational costs don’t spiral out of control

There are just a few testers at the moment but when the game launches everybody wants to play with their own EK. If a few testers can make "operational costs spiral out of control", what will 10 of thousands will do? 

I don't understand. What does "permanently consume" a building mean? I was under the impression I am able to place a building anywhere and will get the building back into my inventory when I remove it. The words "permanently consume" gives me the feeling that the building is lost forever when I place it somewhere and remove it again. Correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct that if you place a building in an EK and later decide to remove it, the building will go into your Spirit Bank. The line in the update that mentions how your buildings will not be "permanently consumed" when used in playtesting was to assure people that they will get their buildings back when the playtest server is wiped since that will include wiping Spirit Banks. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community