Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Eternal Kingdoms are coming - Official discussion thread

I don't understand. What does "permanently consume" a building mean? I was under the impression I am able to place a building anywhere and will get the building back into my inventory when I remove it. The words "permanently consume" gives me the feeling that the building is lost forever when I place it somewhere and remove it again. Correct me if I am wrong.

Second:

There are just a few testers at the moment but when the game launches everybody wants to play with their own EK. If a few testers can make "operational costs spiral out of control", what will 10 of thousands will do? 

Maybe relook on what you said just know............. More players = more money as of right now the game still being made so they want to keep cost down since there not a steady flow of cash

Edited by Pup_Twilight

RedXoOcrowfall_zpswm3vyakq.png

That is a great news! As much for the game development, than for us! :)))

However, quick question:

- where is the vassal management tool? Or is there any way (chat command?) to add / remove people from our vassal list?

(I actually am not even sure we have a friend list yet? Did I miss something?)

Apart from that, that is an awesome news really. I also appreciate you keep an eye on the "spiral" costs while doing so! :)

Is the EK Taxing system going to be implemented now? How would the Monarch tax the vassals?

I can imagine that it would be based off of what land you own.

Owning a villa for instance would entitle you to certain land and would therefore make you a taxable player. This means new players (i.e. everyone at this stage) wouldn't be taxed as soon as they enter the server.

It'd make sense that way I reckon...

Err, this is just for the testing phases, right? It's not the plan to limit these for release?

Still looking for an answer to this. I'm assuming the time limit is just for testing. I'm going to be very disappointed if that's planned for the full release.

Guild Leader of Seeds of War

Maybe relook on what you said just know............. More players = more money as of right now they game still being made so they want to keep cost down since there not a steady flow of cash

Maybe, at the moment the game is buy once play forever. I find the 1 hour limit and the reason, costs, a bit scary. Is it really possible for a few players to burn soo much money just running around in their EK? I guess their server backend infrastructure isn't finished yet and they have to use more expensive solutions to test EK's. It's just the words they used in the news post gives the impression that Crowfall can bankrupt in a week when a major EK pops up and drains the money.. 

Maybe, at the moment the game is buy once play forever. I find the 1 hour limit and the reason, costs, a bit scary. Is it really possible for a few players to burn soo much money just running around in their EK? I guess their server backend infrastructure isn't finished yet and they have to use more expensive solutions to test EK's. It's just the words they used in the news post gives the impression that Crowfall can bankrupt in a week when a major EK pops up and drains the money.. 

As they said they are purposefully being very conservative to be sure it doesn't spiral out of control, after all they have no idea of knowing, for sure, how many ppl will even go into the EK, maybe only a single person will enter, maybe every single tester that got access will enter, and that too will determine the costs, also sure its B2P but that doesn't mean noone will use the shop and well any game once launched will have so called whales that spends thousands of $ on the shop and they sure are gonna get a lot of revenue from that alone + a lot of ppl never buy a game that not released, thus the initial sale of thousands if not millions of copies of the game will earn them a HUGE boost in income there, and also pretty sure their expensive during development are higher than it will be after launch (or at least a bit after launch might be some initial high expenses to get everything stable and running properly).

tl;dr: they are just being carefull and going the ultra safe route not taking any more risks in costs than absolutely necessary

How will moving parcels work, when players are standing on a parcel being moved?  Will you force everyone to leave the EK so rearrangements can be made; or will we be able to on the spot switch which direction players are moving because the parcels underneath them just moved?

I'm excited to have a more controlled testing environment for some things.

lUvvzPy.png

I don't know if other people noticed, but from the kingdom builder tool image, it looks like we'll be able to save layouts of our kingdom so we can change between different configurations very quickly.

Tetris parcel mini-game looks fun!

tiPrpwh.png

Wouldn't it make sense to just give everyone access to place all the parcels rather than just the ones they own? That way you get as much testing done as possible from all the people that get access. 

-A poor backer who just wants to play with all the new toys :'(

SR8DSig_Infynis.png