Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Eternal Kingdoms are coming - Official discussion thread

Wouldn't it make sense to just give everyone access to place all the parcels rather than just the ones they own? That way you get as much testing done as possible from all the people that get access. 

-A poor backer who just wants to play with all the new toys :'(

From a sales point of view that makes sense. Let people play with various buildings and parcels in hopes they buy them. But I think perhaps part of the testing is transferring our bought items to the "live" game and making sure that run smoothly. Then later once the system is running well let players access all the differnt structures.

A bit in a rush so haven't read full thread, but with these:

"Vassals (and, of course, the monarch) have the ability to drop building(s) in the world. The monarch has the ability to remove these, which will send them back to the player who dropped them."

1. Only the monarch can remove the buildings? Or can the vassals who own those buildings also remove them even though they didn't place them there? 

2. Suppose a vassal has gone rogue and you then want to ban them, does that automatically remove their building (and everything else inside e.g. thralls), because maybe it's on rent to a completely unrelated person) or will it give a warning saying that they still have buildings in the kingdom?

3. Suppose a vassal has gone rogue and as the monarch you didn't ban them, but they chose to leave anyway, similar to above, do they automatically take all that they own with them? Parcels, buildings etc? Which means any unrelated parties renting those buildings or who have buildings on their parcels, all of it gets removed automatically?

Read the whole post, and check what has been written about EK earlier. This answer all your questions.

A bit in a rush so haven't read full thread, but with these:

"Vassals (and, of course, the monarch) have the ability to drop building(s) in the world. The monarch has the ability to remove these, which will send them back to the player who dropped them."

- - - - -

Diz my finest signature, oooo its uber!

Wouldn't it make sense to just give everyone access to place all the parcels rather than just the ones they own? That way you get as much testing done as possible from all the people that get access.

I guess Artcraft need testers who creates their own EK and testers who visit and interact in EKs they don't own.

If you are eager to test on EK, I have no doubts somebody will add you on their vassal list. :)

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

In one of the Q&As they did, they said that if a vassal is banned from an EK, all their stuff automatically goes back to them. 

Yes, but that is not my question. In case you didn't notice, I had three questions that are a lot more specific than that. I think that answer was more for reassuring people that they won't lose their stuff that they paid real money for if they join somebody's kingdom, and then they get banned whether rightfully or not. So people  can't take advantage of them and steal those unless they actually trust the other person enough to transfer ownership.

I'm talking more about cases where suppose you have a vassal, whose parcel is at the core of your kingdom, then they get banned/decide to leave, is there now a massive gaping hole in the middle of your kingdom? where all the buildings are gone, anybody who paid rent on those buildings have lost money/thralls etc

I'm not expecting a full detailed answer now, more just a general idea of "will a warning notification popup?" and "can we replace those parcels/buildings with identical copies owned by other players without displacing everything?" etc

Edited by Luthair

any chance of people owning castles or larger fortresses getting a keep temporarily for testing?  Not to big of a deal but would nice to have something to place down.

A fort came with your Amber Kickstarter package, unless you traded it away.

Official Moderator of the Unofficial Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

From a sales point of view that makes sense. Let people play with various buildings and parcels in hopes they buy them. But I think perhaps part of the testing is transferring our bought items to the "live" game and making sure that run smoothly. Then later once the system is running well let players access all the differnt structures.

And it would make sense to got this route "later once the system is running well."  It's a great opportunity for ACE to sell some wares when folks actually get a chance to play with them (the temptation may be just too strong).   

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

Something I'm not clear on but am intrigued by is...what character do we play in the EK?

Like, not the crow spirit obviously. Do we make a character for the EK or can we load any of our archetypes for our EK?

Less curious but a thought, will EK PVP have its own archetypes and are they more powerful in the battleground versions?

I role play a wordsmith.

Something I'm not clear on but am intrigued by is...what character do we play in the EK?

Like, not the crow spirit obviously. Do we make a character for the EK or can we load any of our archetypes for our EK?

Less curious but a thought, will EK PVP have its own archetypes and are they more powerful in the battleground versions?

You will have vessels in the EK, the same as you will in the campaigns. You will be able to go to a temple and select a vessel for free, or craft/trade for a better vessel. Any vessel that you import to a campaign will be locked to that campaign until it ends. Basically, it will work pretty much exactly how it does now. The only part that is missing the ability to select a vessel from inventory.