Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has Anyone Gotten Into The Children Trees Of Crafting Yet?

Baldking

Has anyone unlocked one of the profession skill trees? If so, did you get any new recipes?

I'm about a week from getting to the point where i can train new Rune-crafting Recipes. I'll post any new recipes i get. ( If there any at this point, though i hope so )

I have training into Blacksmithing, but I haven't trained any of the skills that give recipes because I assumed that either we already have all the recipes those skills would give, or that the recipes attached to those skills aren't in the game yet.

I'm going to do the recipe skill first to see if i can get a new recipe to pop. I would hope they'd let us know that recipe training is a waste if they aren't in yet.

Yes all recipes are currently unlocked for all players! Those skills you are looking at in the crafting skill trees will eventually grant you the current recipes once we add requirements to them. Testing if the crafting system data is all correct, and the recipes produce the correct items is much more important than the recipe progression at this point.

Eventually all characters will only have access to the recipes under the Basic section. Unlocking crafting professions will grant the starting recipes for a profession with more recipes being granted through the tree for that profession. (ie blacksmithing)

Visiting a crafting station will allow you to craft any of those recipes that are profession locked.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Not that I expect a response on this, but is their any chance Blair that we could get more normalized values on the stats made by creating custom gear? Its very difficult to understand whats being made when some numbers are in decimals and some are now raw positive numbers. For example +mining on a pick vs +mining through sigils/seals on armor. Are we only supposed to get +.005 through gear increments? Is this supposed to be interpreted as a percentage?

I feel this is an important step to being able to test outputs when crafting. 

Not that I expect a response on this, but is their any chance Blair that we could get more normalized values on the stats made by creating custom gear? Its very difficult to understand whats being made when some numbers are in decimals and some are now raw positive numbers. For example +mining on a pick vs +mining through sigils/seals on armor. Are we only supposed to get +.005 through gear increments? Is this supposed to be interpreted as a percentage?

I feel this is an important step to being able to test outputs when crafting. 

I completely agree. We need to be able to understand the numbers.

I think part of what's confusing is the tiny numbers when on the reverse end of the spectrum we have arbitrarily large health and stamina numbers.  This is in addition to what's already been said about the difference in numbers depending on what you're looking at.