Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Helix

Please No Naked Pvp.

Weapons and Armor need to be meaningful enough so that you can't simply run around butt naked and be as competitive as someone who is fully ****ing clothed and mac'd out. Lots of full loot (or even partial loot) games suffer from this. UO it was the pre-casting halberd wielding "tank mages", SB had it's fair share of butt naked pvp when it came to siege defense (as did DFO). The difference in power between those who are fully armored and those who choose to run around butt naked should be huge. There are a few "simple" ways to do this, one being having your ability damage scale largely off of your armor (think the ability power stat on items from league of legends) and a little bit off of your weapon (most of your basic attack damage should scale off of this). Basically this will prevent butt naked mages/ranged characters from just needing a weapon to be successful during a siege defense (or roaming bands of naked blobs with weapons).

Not only is naked pvp bad for the game, it promotes risk-less zerg mentality and should be avoided/discouraged.

Edited by Helix

There are options.

- if you run naked, you can get i'll (debuffed)

- you loose impact, if you charge for example

- armor gives you protection like:

- basic plate 60%

- basic leather 40%

- basic cloth 20%

- armor gives always some protection vs fire/ice/blunt

the improvements for better armor, are not so big

As much as I like boobs, I have to agree with this topic. However, if just the Adam costume what bothers the OP, adding a "default" cloth to a character might be worth it. F.e. you cannot be naked, but there is always a trousers + shirt combo in a character, even when you only wear a sword.

If that is not the case, this must be implemented:

There are options.

- if you run naked, you can get i'll (debuffed)

- you loose impact, if you charge for example

- armor gives you protection like:

- basic plate 60%

- basic leather 40%

- basic cloth 20%

- armor gives always some protection vs fire/ice/blunt

OIW34IY.png

MA topics for recruitment.

I would like to retain the right to gyrate my naked body inoffensively upon any person I meet in the wilderness as a greeting.

Me and my trusty warhammer, a gentle breeze in my nethers and a warm skin of wildwine against the world.

I'm hoping low-mid tier gear is acceptable for participating in group and solo pvp activities, while maybe on special occasions you will break out the 420N0Sc0p3 dragonrider armour of +50 e-peen.

Also many cultures fought naked in battle, using warpaint as holy protection. I would be okay with that, as long as the warpaint in crowfall was real protection, and you could skin it from your dead opponents to sell on the black market.

Edited by PotatoMcWhiskey

As much as I like boobs, I have to agree with this topic. However, if just the Adam costume what bothers the OP, adding a "default" cloth to a character might be worth it. F.e. you cannot be naked, but there is always a trousers + shirt combo in a character, even when you only wear a sword.

If that is not the case, this must be implemented:

I'm talking more about the balance side of being naked, couldn't care less about looking naked.

Agreed. Naked players should not be able to kill fully geared players if they're roughly close in playing experience. Any archetype that can be very effective

If she / he is skilled enough it should be a possibility.

Edited by Lyk3nothx

OIW34IY.png

If you lose to someone naked it might be the problem isn't game mechanics but something more local in the equation...just a thought.

If you have a 10-15 man group of naked pvpers running around slaughtering smaller groups, you've got a problem. It's hilariously fun, but for the health of the game it's pretty bad. You risk nothing (besides maybe a weapon) while the other smaller groups that are most likely fully armored risk everything. You can easily absorb a few deaths and still come out a head in a scrimmage (assuming you're fighting smaller groups than you or using the element of surprise).

Circumventing risk / reward mechanics of the game = bad.

Edited by Helix

If she / he is skilled enough it should be a possibility.

Imagine if we got in to a billy club fight, except you're naked and I showed up fully decked out from head to toe in this:

M-MobileField-5.jpg

I'd imagine the odds are slim you would win, skill or no skill.

"Naked" is a relative term. In Darkfall "Naked" was equal to wearing T1 armor and using T1 weapons. In EvE Online, "Naked" is flying a T1 Frigate with T1 Fittings and T1 Ammo.

The challenge is, how do you make the poorly geared Noob less effective in large groups (zergs), without turning better equiped veteran characters into Demi-Gods versus Noobs?

I have yet to see an MMO that managed to strike that balance, and they typically err on the side of zergs being effective, because they want Noobs to be effective. It s simply mathematics, if you have enough weak dps dealing characters, even a Demi-God will eventually fall. Whatever that ratio is going to be, the zergs will use it.

I'd imagine the odds are slim you would win, skill or no skill.

Theoretically you can be beaten. Well, its a game after all... theoretically it should be possible. Another question, if the naked guy has to hit the opponent like 100 times, but it is enough from the fully geared opponent to make 1 hit which count. What are the ratios, that the fully geared cannot do that one hit properly? 1000:1? So its never going to happen. Possible, but never going to happen.

OIW34IY.png

If you have a 10-15 man group of naked pvpers running around slaughtering smaller groups, you've got a problem. It's hilariously fun, but for the health of the game it's pretty bad. You risk nothing (besides maybe a weapon) while the other smaller groups that are most likely fully armored risk everything. You can easily absorb a few deaths and still come out a head in a scrimmage (assuming you're fighting smaller groups than you or using the element of surprise).

Circumventing risk / reward mechanics of the game = bad.

You are trying to balance the games PvP on one narrow type of PvP and that is bad for any game.

Let propose this scenario: 15 Naked Highly skilled PvPers run into 15 low skilled fully geared PvPers the differences are gear and skill of the players. Under your system the Fully geared win 100% of the time because of gear and only because of gear.... what other game does that so you have to gear grind to be competitive....

Starting to see the point? Gear should be not that big of a factor in PvP to where it cancels out skill of the players and that is what you are advocating  with your "huge" advantage for gear.

Edited by gauis

"Naked" is a relative term. In Darkfall "Naked" was equal to wearing T1 armor and using T1 weapons. In EvE Online, "Naked" is flying a T1 Frigate with T1 Fittings and T1 Ammo.

The challenge is, how do you make the poorly geared Noob less effective in large groups (zergs), without turning better equiped veteran characters into Demi-Gods versus Noobs?

I have yet to see an MMO that managed to strike that balance, and they typically err on the side of zergs being effective, because they want Noobs to be effective. It s simply mathematics, if you have enough weak dps dealing characters, even a Demi-God will eventually fall. Whatever that ratio is going to be, the zergs will use it.

I think it's the combination of easing the access to tiers of item and minimizing the power gap between them. If you're a tier or 2 below someone, you should have a chance.

Edited by Helix

So no Viking berserker archetypes charging into the midst of battle full glory? What a drag...

Jokes aside I agree armor and weapons need to be meaningful to the battle. Anyone charging me in their skivvies should expect to be sliced in half without question.

You are trying to balance the games PvP on one narrow type of PvP and that is bad for any game.

Let propose this scenario: 15 Naked Highly skilled PvPers run into 15 low skilled fully geared PvPers the differences are gear and skill of the players. Under your system the Fully geared win 100% of the time because of gear and only because of gear.... what other game does that so you have to gear grind to be competitive....

Starting to see the point? Gear should be not that big of a factor in PvP to where it cancels out skill of the players and that is what you are advocating  with your "huge" advantage for gear.

Let's examine this from the other side. 15 naked low-medium "skilled" players fight 3-5 medium-high skilled players.

Scenario 1) The smaller group wins but in return receives very little in rewards (because their opponents were naked). The naked group goes back out and repeats the process (I'm under the assumption you would bank your stash).

Scenario 2) The larger naked groups manages to win the scrimmages and loots everything. No risk, all reward.

I've seen this (hell I've done this) in many games and I've seen what it does to them. Usually it gets fixed after the fact, however I would rather them tackle this issue before hand.

Edited by Helix

if the gap between no gear and basic gear is huge, and the gap between basic gear and better gerad is small, everything is ok

Let's examine this from the other side. 15 naked low-medium "skilled" players fight 3-5 medium-high skilled players.

Scenario 1) The smaller group wins but in return receives very little in rewards (because their opponents were naked). The naked group goes back out and repeats the process (I'm under the assumption you would bank your stash).

Scenario 2) The larger naked groups manages to win the scrimmages and loots everything. No risk, all reward.

I've seen this (hell I've done this) in many games and I've seen what it does to them. Usually it gets fixed after the fact, however I would rather them tackle this issue before hand.

I think you need to go back and read ALL the loot rulesets then come back and look at your post in connection with the FvF world and think on the flaw in your premise about reward...take your time no rush.