Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Resource parcels

IdeaMatrix

The Crowfall store is selling different resource parcels and it's my current understanding that all of these parcels still produce knotwood, cobblestone and slag.

Since the changing of the way tools worked, I haven't heard anything about how these resources will interact with the harvesting system. Do harvesting skills even effect these resources? If not, how will these "for money" (although they can apparently be crafted) items be relevant within the economy. Also, if advanced harvesting doesn't increase stats for harvesting trash resources, then how will that aspect of the game be made viable?

Edited by IdeaMatrix

As it stands, Knotwood, Cobblestone, and Slag are only Rank 1 and only drop poor quality mats. Sure, you can craft cheap weapons and armor from these resources, but I imagine crafts using these mats will be plentiful and act as a common denominator in the economy

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

This is a good question and one that many have tried to seek an answer for due to the expense of said items.  For the price of a single parcel, you could buy so many other things.  In fact, I sort of regret purchasing five creeks, hills and groves.  Hopefully they will actually be justified in terms of what they're sold for with quality or abundance in terms of resources when compared to others.  Though I imagine they also have more potential building spots for triggers and houses and such, as well.

Dare to dream.  Never be satisfied with what is.  We're restricted by time and money.  But if we do not dare to dream, we will never improve efficiently when opportunity strikes.

Each feature has its own meta; it's own audience.  Who prefers simplicity versus intricate complexity?  Who does not?  When does it provide meaningful depth to a specific structure or economy?  Is there a way to implement both?  How many characters will they control?  And their options?