Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

First Look: Forts

Why do palisade walls have irregular height with some segments made of sharp stakes with good defensive properties (this is a fort after all) and some segments made of mere wood poles that a 10-yo would be able to escalate safely? I understand if stakes had small variations for the sake of realism, but here it looks more like the self-made palisade of a boyscoot summer camp, or like if the lord who owns this had budget issues and had to cut corners on the quality of the palisade.

Or is it an artistic way of showing that ACE hasn't reached target funding level yet, and we can hope to see the palisade wall get better in future version of the fort?

Dang it. Now I'm going to have to build this in Minecraft.

*sighs*

*starts placing blocks*

The Mistress of Doom and Cuteness

And yes, I do actually have OCD.

Hmmmm ... you dont put windows into protective walls.  Those arent medieval mont and bailey castles they are more like American post Civil War era Western forts.  

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

^ Its concept art, first iterations of structures in a video game.... Not architect drafts for a real building. :rolleyes:

So, maybe it's better they point-out these problems before time is wasted iterating them.

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka

So, maybe it's better they point-out these problems before time is wasted iterating them.

Yes by all means lets hope they get these buildings up to proper building codes and within real world standards and tolerances. :huh:

Bottom line its a video game in a fantasy world with stylized art not a real world architecture simulator.

Yes by all means lets hope they get these buildings up to proper building codes and within real world standards and tolerances. :huh:

Bottom line its a video game in a fantasy world with stylized art not a real world architecture simulator.

The anti-gravity chimney struck several of us as visually wrong, and not just the formally trained architect(s) in the audience.  You can be dismissive of the feedback, but discussion was invited by ACE after all.

Edited by ren

rSHxVEY.gif

The anti-gravity chimney struck several of us as visually wrong, and not just the formally trained architect(s) in the audience.  You can be dismissive of the feedback, but discussion was invited by ACE after all.

Wasn't being dismissive, maybe a little sarcastic sure but just giving my opinion on others feedback, that's allowed too. But I mean yours and others complaints went beyond just the visuals when commenting on structural integrity's of stone versus wood and posting real life pictures of chimneys. Besides if you look in the concept art pic that Caenth posted there are some kind of metal bands around the chimney. The screenshots replicate the concept art pretty well so its safe to assume those metal bands will be there too, just couldn't see them because of the angle of the pics.

EDIT: Actually if you look at the screenshot in the post I mentioned above you can just make out the metal bands that support the chimney in the in game screen shot. So it is indeed supported and not free floating, that good enough?

Edited by pang

What kind of person builds an unsupported stone and mortar chimney when they could have just made a metal hood and pipe?  Easier to build, lighter load on the ceiling and just plain smart.  Even fantasy people and imaginary realms should have some basis in fact.  If we are going to have fantasy type things in my hall ... where is the stripper pole and wrecking ball for Miley to swing on?

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

1 hour ago, zolaz said:

What kind of person builds an unsupported stone and mortar chimney when they could have just made a metal hood and pipe?  Easier to build, lighter load on the ceiling and just plain smart.

A creative person? ;)