Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

02/02/15 - Hunger Week... It's About Time.

This world is filled with the ruins of ancient castles, abandoned mines and haunted villages – which you have to explore to scavenge for weapons, tools and the resources to start building fortifications.

Your team claims an abandoned quarry and must fight to keep it.  You use the stone to build an ancient keep, to use it as staging areas to attack their neighbors.

So just to be clear, are we building keeps/cities from empty plots of land like in Shadowbane, or are we restricted to capturing existing keeps/cities and renovating them?

So will this be a rotating series of campaign or pvp rule sets or will multiple different campaigns exist at one time ?  Basically will we be going from 3 way (Daoc/GW2) to land control guild pvp (Shadowbane) to FFA (AC Darktide, Darkfall) to God Faction based (EQ Sullen Zek) to Racial Based (EQ Tallon Zek) pvp ? or will there be campaign options such as we can choose between 3 way and FFA ?

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

We can finally stop arguing who won the game, as now somebody will actually win the game. But please, do tell me we are allowed to PvP in the Eternal Kingdoms as well.

Edited by nehemia

It's kind of like an hub area, someplace to rest/plan between campaigns.

ah no poorly made socks sherlock...

I meant what's the point... why is it there? who actually needs that then. Are we all picking daisies there and showing off our new shinies?

I can see it working. It wasn't just Beta wipes. that J. Todd mentioned. but every server wipe/reset while Shadowbane was live would draw huge numbers of players back. You got tired and left the game, you would get a phone call, an email from a friend or it would be the talk in Vent/TS: "Hey did you hear they are wiping X and bring up a new server", and the players always came.

sounds kind of like seasons/ladders in Diablo or PoE.  Can change up the rules of each 'campaign' to keep things interesting, using the server rules teased last week.  I definitely like this idea to keep things fresh and agree that there is always an allure to play again after a reset.  

I can see it working. It wasn't just Beta wipes. that J. Todd mentioned. but every server wipe/reset while Shadowbane was live would draw huge numbers of players back. You got tired and left the game, you would get a phone call, an email from a friend or it would be the talk in Vent/TS: "Hey did you hear they are wiping X and bring up a new server", and the players always came.

do it 10 times a year and ppl will say "what's the point" though

but we'll see :)

concept is interesting, but imo very fragile

I guess my only worry is how often will we see campaigns in between resets. Or rather, will there be multiple campaigns running at the same time or just one and that's the only one we can join when we get a chance and that's all we can do until the next reset.