Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

02/02/15 - Hunger Week... It's About Time.

I think some of you are missing the point.  The flexibility of what is being designed here.

ArtCraft could create a world ruleset that never ends and is "persistent" as some of you are wishing for.  There is flexibility for that.

But I think you will find, after a certain amount of time when one guild has conquered that world it will become stagnant (i.e. eternal Risk game).

I find it hypocritical that self-proclaimed hardcore players (not saying that you are one of those people) who want a player driven game where choices matter etc, would QQ when a guild has "won" a server. Thats what you asked for!? 

I find it hypocritical that self-proclaimed hardcore players (not saying that you are one of those people) who want a player driven game where choices matter etc, would QQ when a guild has "won" a server. Thats what you asked for!? 

I know you said I "not saying that you are one of those people", but you did reply quoting my message so I have to respond.

It does not matter to me either way.  I am just pointing out what the devs have already mentioned and I did not realize it until they mentioned it.  It is exactly what happens.  So even though I may be fine with this, some other players are not and they decide to not play anymore which makes the game no fun for anyone if no one is playing.

Do you see my point here?

I like the one guild conquers all scenario, but I also am not so closed minded to say "either my way or the highway", and I am also willing to try something new that might just be more enjoyable than the one guild conquers all.

That does not make me or anyone else a QQ'er.

Does that make sense?

Edited by Etheric

I would be suprised if there was one guild to conquer all. Afterall I understood it as it being "new" servers/campaigns and a lobby, meaning ppl could join X sever/campaigns somewhat seamlessly if they are in the lobby? Or are the ppl in the lobby locked to one certain server/campaign?

If I understood it correctly, meaning; ppl can join the X guild dominated server/campaign as they please, it will instead bring about great battles about who's the best imo, afterall dont we all want to be the head honcho?

I would be suprised if there was one guild to conquer all. Afterall I understood it as it being "new" servers/campaigns and a lobby, meaning ppl could join X sever/campaigns somewhat seamlessly if they are in the lobby? Or are the ppl in the lobby locked to one certain server/campaign?

If I understood it correctly, meaning; ppl can join the X guild dominated server/campaign as they please, it will instead bring about great battles about who's the best imo, afterall dont we all want to be the head honcho?

I think it has been discussed that a player will be unable able to constantly move his character from one campaign to another. If I'm not mistaken, when your character enters a campaign, it will have to stay there for a period of time. I could be wrong though!

I am not going to try and convince you (You have every right to completely turn the other way, maybe this game just isn't for you).

I will list some details about Crowfall which may or may not interest you.

1)  Campaigns will likely last a minimum of 6 months.

2)  Players can build and destroy structures.

3)  Crafting in Crowfall will not  be a secondary activity, but a necessary engine to fuel warfare and military endeavors.

4)  The Crowfall economy is a bartering economy (No official currency, no "standard gold")

5)  Physics.

6)  There's this black hole which is trying to eat the planets.

7)  Looks like the game is full loot for all rule sets.

8)  Item decay.

I also see no similarity between ESO and Crowfall.

All nice and dandy.

but also the "server wipe" as the main charecteristic of any campaign which devalues any action in the world.

My question still stands 

"what should me motivate to  'change the world' (emphasis on playerdrive by the devs) if i know this world i am fighting for will receive a wipe" 

I dont care about my eternal hero status, somewhere on a 'visiting card' ...

Also there was planned ESO campaigns to last 6 months too, 2 months after launch the longest campaign was redesigned to be 1 month...(you know players want it all now and fast and cant wait 6 months for reward..it is human nature)

Edited by DarthRaiden

All nice and dandy.

but also the "server wipe" as the main charecteristic of any campaign which devalues any action in the world.

My question still stands 

"what should me motivate to  'change the world' (emphasis on playerdrive by the devs) if i know this world i am fighting for will receive a wipe"

If you have to ask this question, then this game clearly won't be for you.  Not everyone thinks like you.

Also there was planned ESO campaigns to last 6 months too, 2 months after launch the longest campaign was redesigned to be 1 month...(you know players want it all now and fast and cant wait 6 months for reward..it is human nature)

This is the world that WoW brought us, so you can blame Blizzard for that.  Actually, the blame does not fall squarely on Blizz's shoulders either since the players participated and continue to participate in this type of slot machine reward mentality.  You can see how successful this type of gameplay is.  Ten million subscriber successful.  So far, in the states at least, it is the only massively successful MMO model.  This isn't the only reason WoW is such a success, but it is part of the big picture.

Edited by Etheric

Perhaps your vision of "the world" is too small? Too limited?

By change the world, maybe you could discover a new tactic that changes combat forever. The Raiden Maneuver. Or a new spell that revolutionizes sieges. The Raiden Explosion. Or you invent the currency that we all end up using. I'll buy it for 10 Raidens.

Change your mind, and change the world.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

Disappointing, but I can see merit in the idea. There are players out there who need an actual winner to define a successful endeavor.

My preference:

Periods of winning, periods of losing, and everything in between; not unlike the real world. Zergs rise. Zergs fall. Small groups get crushed. Small groups hold their own and sometimes become the power that turns the tide. Dynamic and organic within the same timeline of history. 

Crowfall:

A definitive winner and loser because of winning conditions that will water down the above dynamics, since there is an end. There can certainly be a different kind of rush with that type of gameplay, though. It's just not my personal taste for this game.

My interest may peak again if a fully persistent server could be implemented. 

You let me down Koster!  (If you had anything to do with it.)   :)

Edited by onatac

You let me down Koster! (If you had anything to do with it.) :)

He is just a consultant for the crafting. Unless They haven't said everything He Is working on.

But I am with you on the rest of your feelings. I am just waiting for the countdown before I make a decision on this game.

Edited by homeslice

High Fives and Good Times

All nice and dandy.

My question still stands 

I dont care about my eternal hero status, somewhere on a 'visiting card' ...

Personally, I don't mind if the server will be wiped in 6 months. What would motivate me to change the world is that what I did will effect the outcome of the campaign and will be seen for the next 6 months (or year). The nice thing is that the campaign system allows for options. People who want 1 week campaigns can have 1 week campaigns, and people who want 1 year campaigns can have 1 year campaigns. By providing us with options, they are able to please everyone. I don't see any problem with this.

One thing I don't quite understand is how the characters will be reset when the game ends.

We will go home each time a Campaign ended and bring back the items and reward we gained from the Campaign. But on each reset, does the player stats also reset? If yes, does that mean that the items that we bring into the next Campaign is something that will give us some buffs or special effects at the beginning of the Campaign (like Runes or Masteries in League of Legends)?

One thing I don't quite understand is how the characters will be reset when the game ends.

We will go home each time a Campaign ended and bring back the items and reward we gained from the Campaign. But on each reset, does the player stats also reset? If yes, does that mean that the items that we bring into the next Campaign is something that will give us some buffs or special effects at the beginning of the Campaign (like Runes or Masteries in League of Legends)?

Characters are persistent. Though some info is still missing on what all you bring back and what you can start with where, etc. So stats and such stay.

High Fives and Good Times

EK is your home, persistent and 'safe'. The various and temporary 'campaigns' are where we go to fight, collect resources, etc... Your character has the option of travelling to a world (campaign) and doing stuff until the Hunger (apparently) inevitably destroys that world and you come back to EK again with (or without) things you acquired in that campaign.

eEvERiW.jpg