Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

02/02/15 - Hunger Week... It's About Time.

You guys are fast. I just stepped out for supper and you had 4 pages already. And twice more was when I started to write it.

Well, at least we now know what 'export' means.

So is a lobby game in the end? Like Dragon Nest or Vindictus, is persistent only in town where you meet people to make party for the campaign.

Yes! Thank you, I couldn't put my finger on it, but that's what I dislike.

Not impressed with this concept, because everything will be instanced and resetted, also i dislike dungeon brawlers. Calling them mmorpg is an insult to true mmorpg.

Well, yes. But I hope campaigns will be more meaningful then that.

But is your vision, is your game, but as UO and Darkfall player i'm confused and i feel a bit empty inside...

Well, I wasn't neither UO, nor Darkfall player, but I had exactly same feeling - a bit empty inside. For some reason I do not like this concept. And I have no idea what exactly I expected. Probably persistence? Yes, definitely.

...maybe is too early, or maybe i expected too much, i 'll continue to follow the project but i pass from excited to skepctical.

This. Your team is too promising to do something ordinary and dull, but I guess it is a little too much fluidity to my liking. Oh, well. Almost everyone else seem to love the concept. Some radical guys even looking grimly at Eternal Kingdom, proposing to get rid of it. :)

oaOnsEV.jpg?1

So if i'm at work and when i come at home my friends already statred the session i can't join my guildmates?

You know, people have different playtimes.

I dont think there will be any lockout dates as far as when you "join" a session.    If the world is up, you can still join it.   It may be much harder if you join later once the seasons have changed and resources are more scarce, but you can still jump on.

I also think resources being more scarce once Phase 2 starts will stop people from jumping in late and just swearing fealty.   Sure you might get to take a bigger % out, but you wont find near as many.   

It would be even more interesting if the Winning side had to accept fealty requests.  That way you wouldn't jsut be able to swear it when the world neared an end.   The winning side could then reward their allies and/or neutral parties, while not being forced to help their enemies.    More than just guild honors would be involved then, and Im sure all those that enjoy politics would enjoy it as well

Wait for it to end? We're possibly talking (and should be talking) about weeks, months or 1 year long campaigns..

I don't think I explained myself. In a FFA server, for example, there might be several alliances.. and it may be that one of them is currently winning. In order to stop them, the entire server could sabotage the winning condition at the very end. This way it will be impossible for alliances to win 'normally', but it would be the last zerg of unfriendly alliances to win.

No no you explained yourself fine and you are asking for a mechanic to help you win when you start to lose.  Deal with it or don't win then.  If you lack the skillset to control the political aspect of the game then your "winning" was a win within a win that turned out to be a lie. 

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

A sort of reverse "Small World" board game concept :D

Interesting... destruction is the only way to have a dynamic economy and permanent interactions between players. You propose a solution. The hard point seems to be the balance of it. Duration of the campaign, "rush effect", quick imbalance between factions... hard to manage that !

The game/level design of "Permanent Kingdoms" is a main concern, too.

Wait & see.

No no you explained yourself fine and you are asking for a mechanic to help you win when you start to lose.  Deal with it or don't win then.  If you lack the skillset to control the political aspect of the game then your "winning" was a win within a win that turned out to be a lie. 

Agreed.  To "win" in the sense of not allowing political maneuvers at the end, should be impossible.  There should only be actions that can be taken and political maneuvers woven that help prevent your winning winding up as losing.  Let's not discount the ability of the most powerful kingdom to actually destroy the other kingdoms, too.

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

These Campaigns could be similar to The Elder Scrolls Online's campaign system, where you have to declare your "home campaign" and you can visit the others as a "guest".  Playing as a guest will not earn you points toward your home campaign, and if you change your home then you lose your points.

Rather than "points", in Crowfall you would be earning resources.  At the end of the campaign you would receive x% of your points/resources based on your home campaign's win/lose conditions.

This would allow you to play with other people whenever you want by joining another World as a guest.

Sorry you turned into a two-bit carebear whose feelings get hurt over forum banter.

These Campaigns could be similar to The Elder Scrolls Online's campaign system, where you have to declare your "home campaign" and you can visit the others as a "guest".  Playing as a guest will not earn you points toward your home campaign, and if you change your home then you lose your points.

Rather than "points", in Crowfall you would be earning resources.  At the end of the campaign you would receive x% of your points/resources based on your home campaign's win/lose conditions.

This would allow you to play with other people whenever you want by joining another World as a guest.

I think Eternal Kingdom's (EK) is everybody's home and then you can travel (with a cost probably based off how far progessed into the "phase" the campaign is) around the other servers. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Mmmm I agree on what you're saying, but it depends on what makes you really win at the end.

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

Dear Crowfall,

Please replace my keyboard.  I was in the middle of taking a gulp of my Mt Dew when I started reading this post, followed by intense drooling.  My keyboard too sticky now.

Regards,

Roguewiz the Drooler

PS

You also owe me a Mt Dew

Raquelis in various games

"Not Evil, Just Misguided"

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the greatest most innovative thing I have seen done in an MMO in a LONG time... maybe never.  Just because of this aspect i will probably make Crowfall my permanent MMO home.  You are the best developers in the world, thank you for bringing back quality and innovation!

People are reading way to much into this and thinking the worlds are like BG's in WoW or even like WvW in GW2 but that is closer but still not it. Think more like this, when the game starts beta we create our toon and do what we can in EK if we want but, you don't get to choose from multiple campaigns since their is only one type at a time. So when Beta starts the first campaign season is Guild vs Guild once you enter that world you either stay in that world or they have local banks to put gear from that world in you log in and out of that world as you would do a regular game because, the world itself is not an instance. It doesn't end when you leave, it is a separate server with conditions that must be met that will trigger a server wipe. So don't treat like an instance, it is a server that will wipe at some time unknown in the future.

To put it in WoW terms think if they changed the ruleset for one of the servers to where the factions could actually beat the other and when that occurs the server wipes and you start new, except your characters don't get wiped . So lets say the Alliance beats the Horde, the servers wipe and whent hey come back you still have your characters, your gear and such but the map is different and it isn't FvF anymore it is Guild vs Guild.

Again it works just like a persistent server except it has win conditions like a Battleground.

I am hoping there aren't any global banks though.  :angry:

Do you mean galactic banks?

It seems a reasonable convenience to be able to access the same bank "account" from any city your guild controls on the same world.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

well i liked this whole concept it seems that your previous presentations could fit as a planetary system

the inner circles are the small ones were the Hunger comes in short periods like 1-2 weeks, on the next circle the Hunger come much later and one the outer circle there is no Hunger and its like a PvE experience like an eternal tutorial and a living story keep going to keep those who fail on PvP :P

i dunno if you think the same. But i would like to see this concept.

P.S. this actually what i was expecting from the GuildWars's 2 Mists where instead of world there would be compete guilds and alliances of guilds in big seamless maps ..

P.S 2 it would be cool if it was a space game this one, where each world is a planet and clans/guilds travel with spaceships to each planet and try to exploit it until the winter in the planet comes. And this eternal place/lobby might be sky cities over a gas planet xD (Jupiter Ascended anyone saw ? )

soz my english are not my native language xD

Edited by loulaki

5a1b3fea-fc4c-485e-87da-0147a0f11ae3.png

Totally in agreement.  How do export rules work?  Do guilds exist in name only?

From what I understand because the characters are immortal and only the worlds are changing then the guilds will be immortal across the entire game and also they said in the article that the guild house would be in the eternal kingdom.