Anthrage

If you are trying to explain Crowfall to someone...

Posted (edited)

So speaking of this, we got the big Discipline info drop - when do we think we'll see  A)  Info about how POIs will work and  B ) Working POIs in game in some form?

One of the issues with the test at the moment is a lack of focal points for conflict and combat. Adding even basic POI functionality would pay huge dividends I think.

Edited by Anthrage

On 3/4/2017 at 10:15 PM, Anthrage said:

So speaking of this, we got the big Discipline info drop - when do we think we'll see  A)  Info about how POIs will work and  B ) Working POIs in game in some form?

One of the issues with the test at the moment is a lack of focal points for conflict and combat. Adding even basic POI functionality would pay huge dividends I think.

I think we know pretty well how POIs will work. They've said the POIs will just produce materials in large quantities, up to a maximum amount. There won't be any capture mechanics for the POIs. It will just be a matter of grabbing what's there and trying to transport it to a safer place. So basically, what we already have in game right no, except there will be some interactive part whereby the POI will produce materials and we can pull them out. It's essentially just a respawning chest, so the tech for it is already in game. It probably wouldn't take much to activate them.

The real issue is that we don't yet have any way to transport those materials, or anything to build with them. We probably won't see POIs come on line until we get caravans and construction.

What I really want to see is crafting stations and factories. The crafting stations already exist in some of the housing and they can put more in the keeps. They may wait for thralls before they add factories, but I really want to be able to mass produce stuff. Hopefully the EK testing will begin this weekend and I hope we start seeing disciplines soon. They don't need to make all of them before they start adding them. 2 of each type would be sufficient to start testing them.

I have gone a different route. 

My explanation.

In Crowfall you can F almost anything. When you first start playing You F the trees, you can't just tap em though, you have to F them long and hard. Probably till you are out of stamina. Don't worry though, you are young and stamina comes back pretty quick. Now you may have noticed while F ing the tree long and hard. (Almost 20 seconds! new personal best!) that wood is all around you. Pick that up once you are done F ing the tree, and get that breather you so desperately need.  Now you have wood!

You know what that means. Go F another Tree. Pick a nice vibrant shapely one. Proceed to F your little baby seal heart out. 

Now you probably have 2-3 wood. Congrats. You have made enough noise that if you are on a pvp server, there will be 10-20 people coming to kill you and F you just like you F ed the tree. Taking your wood, and leaving you in a crow soul form wondering what the F just happened. 

Now that you are newly violated Look for the giant big huge massive statue near you. You guessed right. Walk up, well fly up since you are a deadified and all and F that statue, again like the tree you can't just tap the statue. Nope you have th F it for a good long time. And if you do it right, the statue will summon your recently violated corpse, and stuff your crow soul inside. 

Grats you have a body again. And if on a pvp server. Likely corpse camped. And called names. Welcome to Crowfall.

31 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

The day they manifest even the most basic version of this game loop is the day Crowfall will truly be born.

I have been wondering to what extent systems that haven't even been well discussed are present in whatever friends and family builds ACE are working with, the stuff that's essentially pre-pre-alpha. I've been wondering about this because I'm interested to know what "core loop" functionality has been tested at a basic level and what has only been mentally constructed. That latter group isn't meant to imply imagined so much as roadmapped on paper but without much inclination toward how it may function once live. I'll always give ACE the benefit of the doubt. I backed for exactly that reason. But I hear a lot of aggressive confidence on essentially faith, and I'm primed to find that suspicious. That said, I play as much as I do every test because I already enjoy what's there. So fingers crossed that it keeps on getting richer, fuller, and better.

On ‎23‎-‎04‎-‎2017 at 10:35 PM, Anthrage said:

The day they manifest even the most basic version of this game loop is the day Crowfall will truly be born.

today

If it`s hard to get advance/legendary items - inventory loot, if not full loot. A system that work against to use your best items - is not a good loot system. 

I had to throw it in here, but amazing explanation @Anthrage,  :)