Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is the Plentiful Harvest boost needed in the Leadership tree - Vessels

Anhrez

If you all are not on the Crowfall Discord then you are missing out on some great, impromptu, discussions. This one was interesting enough for me to want to port it over here, so others and maybe the Devs would take a look at any discussions

I know things are not locked fully in for harvesting skills, but it seems to me and others that the path to getting a Plentiful Harvest Rank 5 skill set must go through the Vessel Tree, Leadership? 

take a look at the two skills .... one is a template of the other but changed enough to make me feel like its in a format they want.

Qff6QuX.png

Is this another 'stick' to force players into Social Gathering or is this a 'carrot' for Harvesting focused players? I guess every crafter can train it, but then why make it a Buff to those around us? Is the concept about Great Harvesters will be leaders of other non-harvesters?

Carrot:

So if Anhrez trains like a crazy person deep into the Vessel tree sacrificing other options he can eventually get to Plentiful 5 for himself and those around him while gathering will see a +1 Plentiful Buff. That means if that combat focused do no Harvesting slacker Zinnie is near me and decides to pick up his pick axe, he is now Plentiful Harvest 2 on a Copper Node even though he is not trained. the result is a better overall quality for the 2 of us.

Stick:

Damn a crafter has to go through 1 and 2/3 Skill training trees to reach this buff? its a harvesting benefit that requires you to spend your 'General' training option on a non-harvesting option?  Unless we get 2 generals for the VIP option (please see about 10 different threads on discussion of VIP options) then its in a location that may seems counter-intuitive for a lot of players.

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

If putting points towards the Leadership skills gives players a harvesting boon for the party, then having multiple people with the same skill becomes pointless and a waste of skillpoints that could have gone towards something else to benefit the group.

The only downside is the fact that you need the leadership part of the skilltree to get the last Plentiful Harvest boon, causing groups of harvesters to have multiple group buffs that does not stack.

This is an inherent design flaw.

I don't like that the highest tier of crafting resources might be locked behind being in a party with someone with this perk. I guess it would be pretty difficult to get even if the last point was moved to the gathering tree (or an extra was added, but having over 5 plentiful harvest doesn't do anything).

I actually find this to be the most bothersome aspect of gathering right now. It puts the ability for some campaigns to see a particular quality grade of resources behind a timed gate. I understand the reasoning behind it, to bring together different types of players and specializations, but this feels unnecessary from any angle I look at it.

I'd much prefer them changing the leadership tree to increase the quantity of resources that can drop (in effect creating resources otherwise unobtainable, not simply maxing out the existing loot tables), then I would firewalling the highest tier of loot tables behind this buff.

Just not seeing it. This doesn't really reward gatherers who focused on gathering.