Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Meet the Assassin - Official discussion thread

44 minutes ago, Vonpenguin said:
45 minutes ago, Vonpenguin said:

Your friend won't play a game where 1/13 of characters have wings?

He wont play a game if the sword on a warrior is too big.. any case a character design even remotely reminds an asian production. And wings certainly fall into this category.

And where were these complaints from people a year ago?

A year ago game was so far from release i didnt pay much attention. Then i would say the same probably.

If the characters are to be fully customizable, then theres still room to give players some freedom, and make wings (or no wings to be more accurate) as an option. Its something to consider at least. Even a size slider with some tiny extreme. Cant think of anything better, as obviously some peaople will love the wings as much as i hate them.

This game seems to be one of the very few worth waiting for, so i didnt come here to criticize the design, but to point out, that some- non crucial- parts could be made optional with a benefit for everyone. Thats my idea at least

10 minutes ago, Putinof said:

This game seems to be one of the very few worth waiting for, so i didnt come here to criticize the design, but to point out, that some- non crucial- parts could be made optional with a benefit for everyone. Thats my idea at least

The archetype is being designed with the wings being functional. Double jump. Glide. Take away the wings and you break those abilities. Having a slider so you can resize the wings is possible, but unlikely, since they don't intend to have any sliders for any of the archetypes.

It would be awesome if we could choose the race/class combination instead of being locked to archetypes, but that was a financial decision more than a gameplay one, and we are well beyond that possibility now. The wings may not be as bad as you think. Obviously they will be animated and won't be fully open all the time. When you are just running around, you might even forget you have them.

6 hours ago, zinnie said:

People will complain about anything these days. Thats the problem.

If ACE had come out with a generic Assassin, people would have complained.
A Edgelord black demon assassin, complaints.
A Ninja class, complaints.

You see where I am going with this.. Its a lose lose situation for ACE.

Not a Forgemaster? Complaints... or grumbles... (and grudges). 

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

On 3/2/2017 at 1:14 AM, Eaden said:

So I was right for the next AT. :)

I am eager to meet the assassin! But wings? Really? Where is the fun in sneaking behind people if we can just dive them?

Honestly, the wing idea... That is too much demon-hunter for me guys.

I dunno, can we pick up hampsters and drop them to their deaths? I think that would be ok.

Edited by yoink

aeei5jG.png

Permanent translucent stealth?

I can't see that lasting. You either a) custard over any kind of character visual customization because you are unable to actually see your character and their gear look well, or b] you can and the stealth is worthless. 

Inb4 all the crying about being able to see your character aesthetics. Why should it be permanently on anyway... Come on, make it a toggle at least... sheesh.

On 3/11/2017 at 3:09 AM, mrmoneda said:

I don't think that phrase means what some of y'all think it means. :blink:

So I could be wrong here, but when I see a comparison between the Duelist stealth and Fae Assassin stealth, I understand it to be describing what they look like *while in stealth*.

To clarify, when the Duelist enters a burrow, they have two different possible animations. When they are underground, they look like a tiny poop. When they are using an ability that temporarily pops them above-ground or when they jump while in their burrow they are temporarily visible, and while they are visible their body is "semi-translucent." So when I see "the Assassin [will be above ground and semi-translucent all the time]," I scan it as "the Assassin will be above-ground and translucent to anyone who can see her while her stealth ability is active."

To someone who can't see through her Stealth, she will be invisible, same as Duelists will be once that functionality is online. But I guess we'll see.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

On 3/4/2017 at 5:56 AM, zinnie said:

You see where I am going with this.. Its a lose lose situation for ACE.

Naw, they only lose the worst of the unfounded complainers. Now people with legitimate issues with the class (balance, play sytle, etc) those we want to keep as it's constructive criticism. But, complainers just to complain for the sake of complaining and trying to tear others joy down...ya we can do without those guys. Ta ta!