Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A new leather alloy chart or is it broke? Share your data

Anhrez

So in this last set of tests we saw our communities Leather Alloy chart go invalid (thanks for sharing Caldera!)  what used to give certain defined stats, reverted back to no stats at all.

So if you get a chance Crafty-players (and even Zinnie) please work up some new combos and share your info here. As we cannot yet tell if its a re-write of the Leather Alloy tables or just a bug where many of the combinations are not working.

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

yes I had reports of Hardened Leather now only leveraging bear, bear, bear for Attack power when before we had quite a few different options.

Curious did they change the full chart of combinations or just drop AP to a single option?

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

Well, if they changed them, hopefully they fixed them as well. The combinations that previously gave mitigation were unaffected by experimentation. Maybe it was just a case of the decimals being cut off. I don't recall what the numbers were. I'll do some testing later.

28 minutes ago, anhrezcf said:

So in this last set of tests we saw our communities Leather Alloy chart go invalid (thanks for sharing Caldera!)  what used to give certain defined stats, reverted back to no stats at all.

So if you get a chance Crafty-players (and even Zinnie) please work up some new combos and share your info here. As we cannot yet tell if its a re-write of the Leather Alloy tables or just a bug where many of the combinations are not working.

Getting the leather for the combos we wanted the last patch was like trying to find a unicorn.  Not enough volume to make the sets we wanted let alone have extras for testing combos again.

I did find that a few non-'Bear Bear Bear' AP combos did not provide the AP stat anymore.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Can I just say we are over due for some Rank X creatures? having to loop the chests for Leather is just harshing my mellow :blink:

LR0tCJt.png

Many of the leather combinations have been 'broken' (fixed?) for the last two patches.  My assumption is they are ramping up to put some other stats on the pieces that previously had (what I also assume were) placeholder stats like +AP.

Testing has been hard, because we still primarily rely on chests to reap leather materials...

Even simple placeholder text would have been appreciated though..

I've created all of the boar/boar and auroch/auroch stuff (except for with cat, since I don't have any). So far, everything conforms to the data I collected back on Jan 28th.

auroch/auroch/elk - Bonded Auroch (in combat health regen)
auroch/auroch/boar - Crush Resistant
auroch/auroch/bear - Reinforced Auroch (out of combat health regen)
auroch/auroch/auroch - Auroch (Max Hitpoints)
boar/boar/elk - Bonded Boar (out of combat resource regen)
boar/boar/auroch - Poison Resistant
boar/boar/bear - Reinforced Boar (in combat resource regen)
boar/boar/boar - Boar (Resource)

I just did elk/elk/bear and got Plain Stitched Leather. It used to be Patchwork, and Patchwork gave Attack Power. So I guess all of the combinations that previously produced Patchwork now produce Plain.

6 hours ago, Arkade said:

Well, if they changed them, hopefully they fixed them as well. The combinations that previously gave mitigation were unaffected by experimentation. Maybe it was just a case of the decimals being cut off. I don't recall what the numbers were. I'll do some testing later.

Last weekend experimentation was working for me on blacksmithing armor layers at least (the metal+metal+hide ones), haven't tested the leatherworking equivalents. The decimals do get cut off too soon and it wouldn't visibly go up with every experiment pip, but enough successes would bump up the mitigation from like 0.20 to 0.21

Edited by Avloren

5 hours ago, Arkade said:

I just did elk/elk/bear and got Plain Stitched Leather. It used to be Patchwork, and Patchwork gave Attack Power. So I guess all of the combinations that previously produced Patchwork now produce Plain.

yes a lot of these were paths to AP 

LR0tCJt.png

3 hours ago, Avloren said:

Last weekend experimentation was working for me on blacksmithing armor layers at least (the metal+metal+hide ones), haven't tested the leatherworking equivalents. The decimals do get cut off too soon and it wouldn't visibly go up with every experiment pip, but enough successes would bump up the mitigation from like 0.20 to 0.21

Yes, if you experiment on armor layers, the mitigation numbers go up. However, if you experiment on stitched leather or metal rings, the mitigation numbers do not go up. You can see it in this video:

https://youtu.be/NDEUjDp7Kno

15 hours ago, Arkade said:

Yes, if you experiment on armor layers, the mitigation numbers go up. However, if you experiment on stitched leather or metal rings, the mitigation numbers do not go up. You can see it in this video:

https://youtu.be/NDEUjDp7Kno

Yeah I've noticed that with the metal rings. If I remember right the "grade" experimentation actually does work to raise secondary stats, like the attack power you get from iron rings (sadly most of the metal ring combinations are missing those secondary stats). Mitigations usually get separate experimentation bars, which are missing on the metal rings, not sure if that's intended or not.

Edited by Avloren