Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

On the Horizon: Combat disciplines - Official discussion thread

3 hours ago, StefKalisch said:

What about pets that are not for fighting but for "good doggy, doggy, search for that nasty thief/assassin" purposes? Or a healing pet that hands you a nice healing potion like in the alps where they have the Bernadiner-dog that carries your "just-in-time" and always welcomed whiskey-flask?

A falcon could spot enemies.

So I can think of a lot of non-fighting-pets.

Even Wotan had two raven instead of email. Imagine.

That is definitely what I wish those discs had been turned into but there was never enough dev time devoted to them or Enchanter to make them actually useful.

In SB they just basically would attack people and that was the end of what they were capable of doing. The disc pets didn't even do that well.

C4sIZDW.gif

18 hours ago, Dakyn said:

Wotan (or Odin as others know him) had the 2 ravens named Huginn and Muninn who's names ment "Thought" and "Memory" respectively, I believe.

Always handy to be able to understand the past and the future at the same time.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

On 3/2/2017 at 0:51 PM, thomasblair said:

Each Discipline power will use the resource type of the current archetype it is in. We have a way to convert discipline resource costs to archetype resource costs in the works right now.  This should make using any of those powers feel pretty seamless.

Can we get a simple break down of Soul gems ? 

gems? refined from Gems? so gathered Gems refined with Jewel Crafting 

then Rune Crafter takes Gems and makes a Soul gem? so a dependency between 1 harvesting skill and 2 professions to make them? 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

2 hours ago, anhrezcf said:

Can we get a simple break down of Soul gems ? 

gems? refined from Gems? so gathered Gems refined with Jewel Crafting 

then Rune Crafter takes Gems and makes a Soul gem? so a dependency between 1 harvesting skill and 2 professions to make them? 

It was also mentioned that stonemasons would be needed to make the polishing paste needed to polish soul gems, so 3 crafting professions are in the mix afaik. 

Hg0LXwa.png

On 6-3-2017 at 6:17 PM, StefKalisch said:

What about pets that are not for fighting but for "good doggy, doggy, search for that nasty thief/assassin" purposes? Or a healing pet that hands you a nice healing potion like in the alps where they have the Bernadiner-dog that carries your "just-in-time" and always welcomed whiskey-flask?

A falcon could spot enemies.

So I can think of a lot of non-fighting-pets.

Even Wotan had two raven instead of email. Imagine.

In Silkroad Online you could get a pet Squirrel that would steal items on the ground if folk didnt pick them up quick enough.
All teamembers loved my squirrel <3

These will make for balance chaos and that is exactly why I love them. MMORPGS thrive on that kind of emergent chaos, especially PVP games. In B4 Stone Stackers and Stone Staking heh. 

I role play a wordsmith.