Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
facerip

Shadowbane 2.0

10 minutes ago, dolmar said:

Kicking over a sandcastle takes much more cordnation than beating someone in the open field duels. 5v5 10v10 .

I think what you claim as high skill is only what you see as high skill what you pride your self on. That's fine.

A skilled hooker gets the job faster than an unskilled hooker. But the unskilled hooker could be much cleaner. :)

perspective .

But it doesn't.  There are actually times where top WoW arena players get bored and decide to go explore other pvp games.  An example would be when Voodoo was created to go play Aion. 

It's ridiculously easy to manipulate most pvp mmo players and guilds.

Top 5v5 and 10vs10 players always easily adapt to larger scale situations.  However the same can not be said going the opposite way, because people that may gravitate to large scale conflicts often do not have the individual skill to excel once the numbers shrink and more emphasis is put on their individual ability. 

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

2 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

Bad players can still thrive in Crowfall. You can craft or gather without twitch skill.

They can even thrive in combat if the game has a low skill-ceiling, which presently is a serious drawback of the game.

2 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

But it doesn't.  There are actually times where top WoW arena players get bored and decide to go explore other pvp games.  An example would be when Voodoo was created to go play archeage. 

It's ridiculously easy to manipulate most pvp mmo players and guilds.

Top 5v5 and 10vs10 players always easily adapt to larger scale situations.  However the same can not be said going the opposite way, because people that may gravitate to large scale conflicts often do not have the individual skill to excel once the numbers shrink and more emphasis is put on their individual ability. 

Ive excelled at them all. What I feel your missing is some players are BETTER  in groups than others individual skill. In a team game ill take two good group players over two leetsauce omg players. I can get the good group players to win battles because that's the skill I play for. I'm a good single player and a good group player. I've played these games since 1995 and known through out them. I am not doubting others skills in other games or doubting that you feel you did great somewhere/some when. Its okay But, I don't feel your judgement of skill is not  defacto all. Your idea of skill ceiling is not the same as everyone's.

Just now, dolmar said:

Ive excelled at them all. What I feel your missing is some players are BETTER  in groups than others individual skill. In a team game ill take two good group players over two leetsauce omg players. I can get the good group players to win battles because that's the skill I play for. I'm a good single player and a good group player. I've played these games since 1995 and known through out them. I am not doubting others skills in other games or doubting that you feel you did great somewhere/some when. Its okay But, I don't feel your judgement of skill is not  defacto all. Your idea of skill ceiling is not the same as everyone's.

Just like a great target caller can make any group. A bad group can do pretty decent with a good caller as long as said group can get on target. Groups are only as strong as their weak link.

4 minutes ago, dolmar said:

Have you though?  Were you a 2500+ rated WoW arena player?  Which Organized BG team were you on?  LoL rating?  CS?  SC:Bw?  Sc2?  etc etc. 

The people that get to determine where the skill-ceiling is are the people that are great at something.

If you want to compare skill-ceilings for example you have to be good at both things you are comparing. 

Someone that was good at both WoW PvP and SB PvP for example, can easily determine which one was better, and why it was better. 

That to me is why it is funny when people that only stuck with SB try to lay judgment on games with much higher skill-ceilings.  I'd love for them to have had any real experience in modern competitive games, it would make for much better understanding on their part imo.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

8 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Have you though?  Were you a 2500+ rated WoW arena player?  Which Organized BG team were you on?  LoL rating?  CS?  SC:Bw?  Sc2?  etc etc. 

The people that get to determine where the skill-ceiling is are the people that are great at something.

If you want to compare skill-ceilings for example you have to be good at both things you are comparing. 

Someone that was good at both WoW PvP and SB PvP for example, can easily determine which one was better, and why it was better. 

That to me is why it is funny when people that only stuck with SB try to lay judgment on games with much higher skill-ceilings.  I'd love for them to have had any real experience in modern competitive games, it would make for much better understanding on their part imo.

My brother hit 2200s a few times and even says that WoW pvp doesn't mean poorly made socks. It's trash and unbalanced.  Speaking of trash, who are you running with in CF?

Edited by Handies

1 minute ago, Handies said:

My brother hit 2700s a few times and even says that WoW pvp doesn't mean poorly made socks. It's trash and unbalanced.  Speaking of trash, who are you running with in CF?

Oh what a convenient story, where's your brother, I'd love to chat with him about this.

I guess the irony of demanding proof or credentials when having a ridiculous history of talking from the position of the expert with side stepping every request for proof himself completely misses some people.

But i guess you have to fall back on something, even if its completely fake, to try and win forum arguments. 

CfWBSig.png

7 minutes ago, Vectious said:

I guess the irony of demanding proof or credentials when having a ridiculous history of talking from the position of the expert with side stepping every request for proof himself completely misses some people.

But i guess you have to fall back on something, even if its completely fake, to try and win forum arguments. 

I don't demand proof, I allow people to offer it if they want.  I'd love for there to be other extremely well-rounded and skilled players joining the CF community. 

Also thanks for the compliment, I love when my very true history is so amazing that some people find it ridiculous and unbelievable. 

1 minute ago, Vectious said:
ri·dic·u·lous
rəˈdikyələs/
adjective

1. deserving or inviting derision or mockery; absurd.

Yea, it's really great when you find it so absurd because I was so dominant that you just can't process it and have to mock it because it makes you feel less. 

Just now, Vectious said:
far-fetched
ˌfärˈfeCHt/
adjective
adjective: farfetched
  1. unlikely and unconvincing; implausible.

I'm really flattered that my success in games is so vast that you find it implausible.

I guess i could keep going with his, but now im bored with this, one last one though.

de·lu·sion·al
dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/
adjective

1. characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

CfWBSig.png

51 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

I've been above 2700 and glad titled.  SB was a different game and good for different reasons.  You played a lemming in SB, that doesn't place you into a very high skill bracket so your experience was like a horse with blinders on.  You didn't actually lead anything.

Just now, facerip said:

I've been above 2700 and glad titled.  SB was a different game and good for different reasons.  You played a lemming in SB, that doesn't place you into a very high skill bracket so your experience was like a horse with blinders on.  You didn't actually lead anything.

You were never above 2700, you didn't even break 2400.

59 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

I got 2200 and got bored. I was ranked top 10 in age of empires back in 95 probably before you were born." ranked in starcraft 1 ranked 30 in guildwars but honestly rankings are trash . i don't play games for rankings i play for content . I play sandbox games where its not demanded i play a certain way with certain rules.

2 minutes ago, facerip said:

Facerip wins this thread!

( He didnt win the last time I saw him in a campaign world but in his defense it was 2 vs 1 :) )

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

Well if u have 1 group of skilled players - they had a serious advantage in the old outdated SB game - when the group was coordinated. However the main difference about an actually skilled player and @VIKINGNAIL. I can go so far and say ignore e-sport on a pc - ignore twitch-reflex skills in fps games, and how many hours u have spent in league since season 1 related to click a mouse button, and how good u can time your hot keys to land powers is not a real sport to me. ^_^

If you know NHL ice hockey, @VIKINGNAIL. Rick Nash from New York Rangers - he don`t tweet or write how skilled he is in ice hockey, nor do S. Crosby from Pengs - the media always focus on all that stuff related to stats, goals, assist, accuracy in that sport. They know they are good quality players in NHL - and most who play hockey in that skill level competition or are lucky enough to be drafted by NHL orgs at 17 years old or younger kids are all highly world skilled - world talented players in that sport. 

And it matter less how good u are when a new mmo like this got a healthy population, because your 10 guys, or 5 now obviously in CF - since that is the current group size limit are world champs in an arena event in the same game like SB or now CF - they will get rolled fast with a much larger numbers in chaotic battles without allies. 

- It`s as @PaleOne mentioned your 10 guys early in year 2003 was a non factor, buddy. Because allies meant something in an open world sandbox pvp world and in a siege game - (the total amount of friendly/allied players matters.)  And that`s the charm of mmo`s like SB, Darkfall, and now in CF soon new chapters. All players are playing no matter how good they are skill wise, and related to game knowledge and your mechanical skill level hence remove the skill progression in next tests - so all players can get access to end game skills and powers which will result in a better quality product in pvp, ACE.

And most of those high end skill wise players especially challenger players and e-sport players - they don`t have time to play mmo`s at all, because league take all their spare time. If you`ve couple of months break in that game without being updated to the latest in-game patch - u will feel like a nub again even though you`ve over 5k hours in that game. And most of the skilled players in league are aware about this or at least have played some rank games. :) 

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/