Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
facerip

Shadowbane 2.0

2 minutes ago, vandarr said:

https://youtu.be/NrJCDhf5N7k?t=30

How many trees did Nurfed take as a nation?

I would like to know where you got this 50k subs at launch number.  You seem to magically throw that 50k around at different points in the game's life depending what kind of story you are trying to tell at the time.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

20 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Beat literally everyone, called non-factor.  Ok

Thanks for making my point though.

Nurfed did not beat CoS on Treachery, Ebonlore on Fear, DDH on War. Nurfed was not on Corruption, Vindication, Saedron or any of the 2nd or 3rd generation servers. Nurfed beat only those who did not have beta knowledge. Nurfed did not fight FTP, QFT, MoC, OCC, or any of the other nations that grew as the game matured. Sir, your knowledge of Shadowbane is truly pathetic. While I played early UO, I know nothing of the post Tramel days. I didn't play Siege Perilous..and wouldn't presume to know what that game played like after my departure. Perhaps you should confine your comments to subjects you actually know something about...or then again...continue talking out your a$$...

Edited by Gradishar

2 minutes ago, vandarr said:

As posted several times, it was from Ubisoft's financial report.

https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/comsite_common/en-US/images/Annual_Report_2003_tcm99-27527_tcm99-196733-32.pdf

See page 16, or CTRL+F for Shadowbane. These were their numbers as of 31 March, 2003, which was when their fiscal year ended.

So you are taking a number from 6 days after the game actually launched and not contextualizing the situation?  They sold 120k boxes, first month was free, 50k subs.  What does that tell you?

10 minutes ago, Gradishar said:

Nurfed did not beat CoS on Treachery, Ebonlore on Fear, DDH on War. Nurfed was not on Corruption, Vindication, Saedron or any of the 2nd or 3rd generation servers. Nurfed beat only those who did not have beta knowledge. Nurfed did not fight FTP, QFT, MoC, OCC, or any of the other nations that grew as the game matured. Sir, your knowledge of Shadowbane is truly pathetic. While I played early UO, I know nothing of the post Tramel days. I didn't play Siege Perilous..and wouldn't presume to know what that game played like after my departure. Perhaps you should confine your comments to subjects you actually know something about...or then again...continue talking out your a$$...

Nurfed beat everyone in beta and everyone that was on the go-to pvp server (scorn) at launch.  If you weren't on scorn it is because you ran away from the big guilds from all of the past pvp mmorpgs.

It's also weird, because DDH was actually in r30s at launch, so of course we didn't beat them at launch when they were in our nation.

Your version of the game maturing is all the good players leaving and the guilds that couldn't cut it in better games sticking around trying to be big fish in a little pond.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Just now, VIKINGNAIL said:

So you are taking a number from 6 days after the game actually launched and not contextualizing the situation?  They sold 120k boxes, first month was free, 50k subs.  What does that tell you?

You had to sub to use your first "free" month.

2 minutes ago, facerip said:

You had to sub to use your first "free" month.

Exactly, so if they sold 120k copies, and it's 6 days into launch and they had 50k subs at the end of that fiscal quarter?  What does that tell you?

What it should tell you is that most of the people that bought the game have not activated their game yet because it's 6 days after launch.  Also obviously 50k subs at 6 days into launch obviously isn't the same as how many subs they have at the end of the first month. 

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

2 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Nurfed beat everyone in beta and everyone that was on the go-to pvp server (scorn) at launch.  If you weren't on scorn it is because you ran away from the big guilds from all of the past pvp mmorpgs. 

This has got to be the most laughable thing Ive heard you say sir. Your ignorance of Shadowbane is showing again. Stick to your "skill ceiling" rantings and FPS comparisons. You certainly can't rely upon any false SB accomplishments to make your points. 

5 minutes ago, Gradishar said:

This has got to be the most laughable thing Ive heard you say sir. Your ignorance of Shadowbane is showing again. Stick to your "skill ceiling" rantings and FPS comparisons. You certainly can't rely upon any false SB accomplishments to make your points. 

Obviously you are biased as someone that ran away, but scorn was clearly decided to be the go to server.  Then we started seeing the scared nations run away DHA/DHL, CoS, LoD, etc etc.  Heck you didn't even realize DDH was part of r30s at launch.  That's just hilarious.

Meanwhile at least the respectable guilds stuck around.  KoC the guild heading up blood monarchy on darktide.  CN from Tallon Zek, DBC from Rallon Zek, DC from sullon zek.  IA from Tallon zek, etc etc. 

At least they TRIED to fight on the most competitive server, unlike the guilds that were too afraid to even enter the ring.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

16 minutes ago, Gradishar said:

I beat CoS more than a few times! Of course I was at work during the siege of New Cambruin where we couldn't make siege weapons but you could...

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

No one said u only have 10 guild members, but u always speak about 10 vs 10 like it mean something for u in a siege game - when the game was most active concerning total amount of players in 2003, @VN, and I notice such things, it`s u and some others who seldom go away from 10 v 10 duels in old Shadowbane. :)

Ok, that is confirmed, I`m much better and skilled player compare to @VN with tristana in league, no doubts about that. :D

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

3 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Obviously you are biased as someone that ran away, but scorn was clearly decided to be the go to server.  Then we started seeing the scared nations run away DHA/DHL, CoS, LoD, etc etc. 

Meanwhile at least the respectable guilds stuck around.  KoC the guild heading up blood monarchy on darktide.  CN from Tallon Zek, DBC from Rallon Zek, DC from sullon zek.  IA from Tallon zek, etc etc. 

At least they TRIED to fight on the most competitive server, unlike the guilds that were too afraid to even enter the ring.

You're still grinding that ol' axe I see. Again...let me make this really clear...from someone who didn't "run away" before the game matured...you're knowledge of SB is deplorable. You never fought in a mine fight. You never experienced a R8 take down. You know nothing of Vorg gear or Vorg hunting. You never had to go without a Dwarf Priest. You didn't experience the expansions or the maturing of sieges. Wall healing was certainly not a serious issue until much later in game development. If you had experienced those things...perhaps I would take your words with some consideration. As you know little to nothing about the game...please refrain from further ignorant postings.

once again Viking brags about his guilds skill to join a zerg with the most experienced people from beta against a server that had 0 experience and then quit when they evened the odds..

If you were that good ... Why didn't you stand on your own like my guild at the time?

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

4 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

I beat CoS more than a few times! Of course I was at work during the siege of New Cambruin where we couldn't make siege weapons but you could...

Yeah...baning someone before they could make their own siege equipment was probably not our finest hour. We didn't drop the first banestone in Shadowbane Commercial Release (that distinction went to Ebonlore on Fear (not R30s on Scorn)...who beat us to that milestone by about 4 hours). Had there been some concern about server health...things may have played out differently.

5 minutes ago, mythx said:

No one said u only have 10 guild members, but u always speak about 10 vs 10 like it mean something for u in a siege game - when the game was most active concerning total amount of players in 2003, @VN, and I notice such things, it`s u and some others who seldom go away from 10 v 10 duels in old Shadowbane. :)

Ok, that is confirmed, I`m much better and skilled player compare to @VN with tristana in league, no doubts about that. :D

Actually paleone was literally saying it was a 10man guild.  Also I would destroy you on tristana. 

2 minutes ago, Gradishar said:

You're still grinding that ol' axe I see. Again...let me make this really clear...from someone who didn't "run away" before the game matured...you're knowledge of SB is deplorable. You never fought in a mine fight. You never experienced a R8 take down. You know nothing of Vorg gear or Vorg hunting. You never had to go without a Dwarf Priest. You didn't experience the expansions or the maturing of sieges. Wall healing was certainly not a serious issue until much later in game development. If you had experienced those things...perhaps I would take your words with some consideration. As you know little to nothing about the game...please refrain from further ignorant postings.

And you didn't know anything about SB when the game was at its most populated.  You'll name drop guilds like DDH, but then you don't even know what they were up to.

3 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

once again Viking brags about his guilds skill to join a zerg with the most experienced people from beta against a server that had 0 experience and then quit when they evened the odds..

If you were that good ... Why didn't you stand on your own like my guild at the time?

We did stand on our own, and we beat everyone, then we realized the game wasn't going to improve its optimization and the skill-ceiling was just too low so we left, along with most of the playerbase.

I think beating everyone we faced with ease proves enough, I mean I personally don't aspire to be like your guild, especially if its a guild that claims a force of less than 100 was 300. 

I prefer precision and perfection and accuracy personally. 

Just now, Gradishar said:

So Vikingnail...is this uber hardcore never been defeated (because they retire before being challenged), accomplished nada guild called Nurfed going to play Crowfall? Or are you now a one man troll army?

I have an even better guild with more modern professional gamers now. 

25 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Exactly, so if they sold 120k copies, and it's 6 days into launch and they had 50k subs at the end of that fiscal quarter?  What does that tell you?

What it should tell you is that most of the people that bought the game have not activated their game yet because it's 6 days after launch.  Also obviously 50k subs at 6 days into launch obviously isn't the same as how many subs they have at the end of the first month. 

It tells me that it's mathematically impossible for you to have beaten everyone, which in turn makes you a liar. :) 

(FYI - Not every sale activates their account the first week.)

CF_Van.png