Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
facerip

Shadowbane 2.0

4 minutes ago, dolmar said:

As much as i do enjoy your veiled insults I found your banter worthless since you do not desire to prove yourself in anyway. Your claims are unsubstantiated and foolish.

Your trolling is low skill ceiling.Good luck you are dismissed just as your guild was dismissed from Shadowbane before the game got real and your skills from any ones memory. Thank you and good day.

I think what happened here is that you encountered concepts and examples in gaming that you simply don't want to admit exist.  Whether you acknowledge it or not though esports do exist, and there are people out there doing really skillful things.

Compared to the skill-ceiling of shadowbane it's just night and day.  Shadowbane as a video game was extremely slow and really not that tactically deep. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

13 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

No, the difference is I value decision making AND mechanics, because I have both.

If you had both, you simply would've linked your gamer profile two years ago, and everyone would be giving your epeen the praise you so clearly desire for it. Continuing to post stuff like this:

15 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Um, I've historically dominated esports across many genres.

With zero evidence of every even winning at tic-tac-toe makes you a running joke. I literally only post in response to you because I enjoy poking fun at the hysterically absurd.

CF_Van.png

5 minutes ago, vandarr said:

If you had both, you simply would've linked your gamer profile two years ago, and everyone would be giving your epeen the praise you so clearly desire for it. Continuing to post stuff like this:

With zero evidence of every even winning at tic-tac-toe makes you a running joke. I literally only post in response to you because I enjoy poking fun at the hysterically absurd.

The problem here is that you think I have some desire to prove myself to people that are random and haven't done anything in competitive games.  I don't care about randoms, they aren't on my radar.

I don't even brag, I just state things as they are and if people can't handle the truth that's their problem and insecurity, not mine. 

Your logic is really outdated and shows your gaming experience, you seem to think the great players are desperate to link profiles to randoms that disagree with them. 

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

22 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

The problem here is that you think I have some desire to prove myself to people that are random and haven't done anything in competitive games.  I don't care about randoms, they aren't on my radar.

I don't even brag, I just state things as they are and if people can't handle the truth that's their problem and insecurity, not mine. 

Your logic is really outdated and shows your gaming experience, you seem to think the great players are desperate to link profiles to randoms that disagree with them. 

The people you are talking to aren't random, though - you are specifically targeting people on the subforum of another video game. In addition, real gamers are some of the most hypercompetitive people you will ever meet - and they joy in proving it. You, on the other hand, back down from every opportunity - stating it isnt' worth your time - yet spend far more time posting about how you think you're better than everyone else instead of just showing it so you can move on to actually playing a game instead of yakking about one.

Once again, you have VikingFailed in your argument.

By the way, wanting a game that is such a high skill ceiling that only a few thousand people in the world can succeed in it is a terrible goal for Crowfall. One of the key lessons from Shadowbane was that the sheep have to be able to find a way to defend themselves from the wolves. If they can't, they become exterminated, and in turn, the game cannot sustain itself. As a gamer and an investor, it's far better to make it easier for people to compete. I want to see a game where 20 years from now, when my kids have long since moved away, we can reconnect by burning someone's house down.

CF_Van.png

8 minutes ago, vandarr said:

The people you are talking to aren't random, though - you are specifically targeting people on the subforum of another video game. In addition, real gamers are some of the most hypercompetitive people you will ever meet - and they joy in proving it. You, on the other hand, back down from every opportunity - stating it isnt' worth your time - yet spend far more time posting about how you think you're better than everyone else instead of just showing it so you can move on to actually playing a game instead of yakking about one.

Once again, you have VikingFailed in your argument.

By the way, wanting a game that is such a high skill ceiling that only a few thousand people in the world can succeed in it is a terrible goal for Crowfall. One of the key lessons from Shadowbane was that the sheep have to be able to find a way to defend themselves from the wolves. If they can't, they become exterminated, and in turn, the game cannot sustain itself. As a gamer and an investor, it's far better to make it easier for people to compete. I want to see a game where 20 years from now, when my kids have long since moved away, we can reconnect by burning someone's house down.

They are random though, they weren't good in shadowbane when it was at its most populated.

Yea, real competitive gamers are hypercompetitive, but you don't see the best players going out there wasting time dueling randoms.  Also the only ones that would enjoy proving themselves to random nobodies are the ones that are insecure. 

I dominate other great players, I am not worried about proving myself to people that aren't even halfway decent at the competitive games. 

I am not asking for a super high skill-ceiling, nor does having a super high skill-ceiling end up being terrible goals for games.  Some of the most popular games in the world have really high skill-ceilings, they adhere to the concept of easy to learn hard to master.  I am asking for a skill-ceiling that can at least compete with 10 year old mmorpgs like WoW.  Right now CF has a much lower skill-ceiling than WoW.  That isn't going to cut it.  That isn't going to excite skillful pvpers.  It's going to leave them feeling underwhelmed.

If a game tells me it wants to be some niche play2crush game where player skill matters, I think the game should be catering to the wolves, not people afraid of wolves. 

If you want to see a game with longevity, copying shadowbane is not wise. 

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

5 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

They are random though, they weren't good in shadowbane when it was at its most populated.

That's a falsehood only you perpetuate. Not only was SB more populated after the shut down of the Asian servers, but a number of the people you are insulting were actually dominating at the time period you are referring to - you just weren't in the know well enough to realize it.

7 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Yea, real competitive gamers are hypercompetitive, but you don't see the best players going out there wasting time dueling randoms. 

You don't see them wasting nearly 6k posts worth of time dueling on a message board when 10 minutes of playtime would prove their point, either. I've admitted I'm a terrible player. You should do the same.

CF_Van.png

1 minute ago, vandarr said:

That's a falsehood only you perpetuate. Not only was SB more populated after the shut down of the Asian servers, but a number of the people you are insulting were actually dominating at the time period you are referring to - you just weren't in the know well enough to realize it.

You don't see them wasting nearly 6k posts worth of time dueling on a message board when 10 minutes of playtime would prove their point, either. I've admitted I'm a terrible player. You should do the same.

No, they weren't dominating,  I was there, they fled the most competitive server. 

I think that your admission of being a terrible player is great, perhaps that's why you don't understand how things were then, and now.

9 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

No, they weren't dominating,  I was there, they fled the most competitive server. 

I think that your admission of being a terrible player is great, perhaps that's why you don't understand how things were then, and now.

It wasn't the most competitive. That's why it died so quickly.

(FYI - We discussed this before, ManSheen - the other major beta guilds announced their servers of choice before the folks that formed the R30's announced theirs. Guilds like CoS didn't flee Scorn - the Scorn guilds fled them.)

CF_Van.png

3 minutes ago, vandarr said:

It wasn't the most competitive. That's why it died so quickly.

(FYI - We discussed this before, ManSheen - the other major beta guilds announced their servers of choice before the folks that formed the R30's announced theirs. Guilds like CoS didn't flee Scorn - the Scorn guilds fled them.)

Well as someone that was there and played a huge role in the original thread where guilds stated their servers, I know for a fact that they fled.

You may not agree with me, but from my perspective I see a bunch of people that fled from competition, and have no success in modern competitive games.  So don't be surprised when those same people aren't on my competitive radar.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

4 hours ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Well as someone that was there and played a huge role in the original thread where guilds stated their servers, I know for a fact that they fled.

You may not agree with me, but from my perspective I see a bunch of people that fled from competition, and have no success in modern competitive games.  So don't be surprised when those same people aren't on my competitive radar.

So what do you say about a guild that was a big part of the Burning Legion who decided that rather than nutcup with a huge alliance like you did in gold to strike out on their own on a different server.

We didn't Flee Scorn, we decided we didn't need you anymore.

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

1 hour ago, PaleOne said:

So what do you say about a guild that was a big part of the Burning Legion who decided that rather than nutcup with a huge alliance like you did in gold to strike out on their own on a different server.

We didn't Flee Scorn, we decided we didn't need you anymore.

What would I say about someone that claimed they fought vs a nation of 300 only to be corrected that it was less than 100?  I would say that person has a shoddy memory and is governed by biases when recounting things.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Lets  I was at

the Fall of Mordkessle, and that "other" town that night ;) 

the Fall of Calenhost

Cornerstone

the epic defense of sapling

the NA vs CN super zerg battle

the defense of Myrkuls Dominion (rainbow wars 1,2, and 3)

Battle of Bladehiem

Seige of the Salty Mead

Conmans Epic 200 dwarf bumrush

Calimans 2 million to 2 groups super zerg(calimath required)

plenty of 100-200 ppl fights

not to mention all the 100+ ppl fights at obsidian mine when guilds were bringing 2-3 groups each

My own experience invalidates your claims

the R30's are the premature ejaculators of SB

Edited by hillbilly

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

58 minutes ago, hillbilly said:

Lets  I was at

the Fall of Mordkessle, and that "other" town that night ;) 

the Fall of Calenhost

Cornerstone

the epic defense of sapling

the NA vs CN super zerg battle

the defense of Myrkuls Dominion (rainbow wars 1,2, and 3)

Battle of Bladehiem

Seige of the Salty Mead

Conmans Epic 200 dwarf bumrush

Calimans 2 million to 2 groups super zerg(calimath required)

plenty of 100-200 ppl fights

not to mention all the 100+ ppl fights at obsidian mine when guilds were bringing 2-3 groups each

My own experience invalidates your claims

the R30's are the premature ejaculators of SB

That sounds all well and good, but have you succeeded in any competitive games? 

3 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

That sounds all well and good, but have you succeeded in any competitive games? 

You said Scorn was competitive, and Scorn was part of SB. In your own words, wouldn't that by definition mean SB was competitive?

Edited by vandarr

CF_Van.png

19 minutes ago, vandarr said:

You said Scorn was competitive, and Scorn was part of SB. In your own words, wouldn't that by definition mean SB was competitive?

Scorn was the most competitive sb server.  It doesn't mean SB was overall a really a competitive game.

2 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Scorn was the most competitive sb server.  It doesn't mean SB was overall a really a competitive game.

Competitive is a binary - it either is or it is not. I understand that may be inconceivable to you, Vizzini.

CF_Van.png

9 minutes ago, vandarr said:

Competitive is a binary - it either is or it is not. I understand that may be inconceivable to you, Vizzini.

No, like all things it is subjective, and from my perspective as a person that gravitates to skillful play, shadowbane is not competitive, because it is so far below the average.

8 hours ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

No, like all things it is subjective, and from my perspective as a person that gravitates to skillful play, shadowbane is not competitive, because it is so far below the average.

If it is subjective, then one opinion is as valid as any other one - therefore, you agree that I am equally correct when I state that it was more competitive than LoL.

NOTE: I don't think it's subjective at all. It's either competitive or a slaughter.

CF_Van.png

Friendly reminders: 

• Stay on topic 
  • Accusing someone of trolling is the same as trolling

I'd like to leave this thread open because it's obviously a subject lots of people enjoy talking about, but there are a few folks who need to reel it in. Don't be "that guy" who's the reason we can't have nice things. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

I would recommend this thread to any and all younger players to get a real idea of how to submarine your chances of success in a PvP sandbox game.

Holding a pompous and singularly elitist attitude towards nearly the entire player base will get you the simple notoriety of being not only PNG to join most competitive guilds but also a KOS status.  Guilds will not want to deal with this kind of player.  The game has politics and some players mouths just simply are a liability.   Advice: don't be like this guy!

To stay on topic as per Panns request...   this is exactly how players shut themselves out of the fun in Shadowbane.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai