Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
goqua

Official Post Needed

Can we get a sticky (Official) on Eternal Kingdoms testing here?  It seems an appropriate place for one, even if there is another forum area dedicated to it already.

Basically to outline what they already said in the news article.  The particulars of EK testing.  In a sticky.  Here, in the EK section of the forum.  Seems pretty logical to me.  Could just be a copy paste job even.  I should have said "Wanted" instead of needed, really.  Just makes sense to me that people looking for info on EK testing may come here to find it.

Edited by goqua

I'm sure I'm not the only one who was GREATLY influenced to support this company because of this feature, and I would like to see information on it served a little better, and in an official capacity, so a sticky at the top of this forum with some basic information regarding testing seems a good way to facilitate this.  Sorry about the double post.  I never know if people understand what I'm talking about.  A sticky in the testing area for EK's as well, obviously, but here for sure.

Edited by goqua

I guess I don't understand, because you are asking for what, a listing of when EKs are active? I don't see any organization needed for this feature. The majority of the hour testers are going to get is going to be spent playing with the placement tools.

Doesn't really sound like a fantastic place to join and wait for things to plop down on your head.

Not sure what organization at this point will contribute to. Their is an in-game system for seeing EKs that are open to the public, considering the limited number of testers, why not just use that for now? By the time you post something, or read it here, the likelihood of the EK being expired is so great that this request doesn't make any sense to me.

Sure, why not? The more info, the better. Even if it ends up being redundant info, the more chances for someone to read something true about the game is good. Not sure why anyone would argue against additional organization of information flow within the forums....

Honestly, there is not much specific information about Eternal Kingdoms anyways. The FAQs will hit on the general idea of an EK and how it will support the economy, but then the game also references how the campaigns are modular and there will be many campaigns with different rulesets. If some rulesets allow players to achieve the same greatness without needing to access EKs then the economy will hurt tremendously. Also, if players are able to boost their EK with store bought buildings and EKs are supposed to be the "hubs" of the economy, is it not essentially pay to win? I can "BUY" the best EK and all players will flock to it and pay their taxes, do their transactions, mine my resources, fight my mobs, etc. We have no information on the exact player limit cap for an EK, does it go up infinitely based upon number of Forts, Castles, etc. placed? Will we get to sort EKs by what we are looking for? Or will EKs simply sort themselves based on the "quality" of the EK?

I could care less about the PvE aspect of the EKs, but am more interested in how they will attract PvP players. Will veterans still visit EKs, and how often? I hope for a Crowfall where even 5-year veterans would have to visit an EK first thing every login before they begin to play a campaign. "Gotta stock up on food." "Gotta find new gear." "Gotta find a healer." "Gotta repair." (I'm hoping repairing will force them to an EK to at the very least buy a "repair kit" item)

Edited by Slashin8r