Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
2d17ec10-14fe-11e6-975f-db8afb38a3cd

A Concept of The Frostweaver

Hello, I go by the name of Joebear. Im just an average mmo player like all else, but i like to stride my time into control mages, which the frostweaver seems to have a feel for...

So just a little info, im not currently a backer due to uh cost issues since like 100aud isnt really cheap for a student but hopefully i can fix that soon, i would like to be able to test this game. Anyway in the future i would like to design and code my own pvp mmo so i have a book of concepts i continuously expand and something i always wanted to include was a melee distance control mage, so this my personal concept of a "Frostweaver"

- A PBAOE control mage -

- Medium armour for close range combat (5m) with medium damage and no "burst" damage

- Playstyle based on CC, DOT, and an Execute

- Actives are almost all cleave damage with things like shouts, swipes and stomps

- CC is mainly soft cc with 1-2 hard CC making it not "overpowered" but still having that control feel to it
         - DOT damage is your main damage meaning it can be countered with purges, the damage for these dots is only a low-medium damage rate
         - Execute is just the icing on the cake, DOT damage shouldnt be enough to kill alone so execute gives it that last KO

- Abilities - 

Passives:

Catching a cold - Being hit 3 times in a row causes the attackers move speed to be reduced by 10%, can stack up to 3 times, cancelled when CC'ed.

Just cold hearted - Whenever you interrupt a cast time restore 10% mana.

Ooo i can see my reflection! - Return 3% of all damage back to the attacker.

Icy hard! - While you have a target CC'ed gain +5% armour, stacks up to 3times.

Mhmm never ending DOT - Hitting a target with Frost Whip extends all DOTs on them by +2ticks, 4s cooldown

Cold always leaves its mark - Whenever target is CC'ed (slowed, rooted, pushed back, blinded) add 1 stack of Frosted.

Actives:

Frost Stomp - Hard CC Root all targets 5m infront of you for 5s. (your typicaly "frost nova" style spell)

Icy Echo - Shout a cone of cold air slowing anyone in it by 30% for 7s and dealing low damage.

Sap Cold - Channel a 5m cone to sap the cold out of your targets and restore health. (can move while channel but easily interrupted)

Frost Whip - Whip your target with a icey cold whip. (basic filler attack, very low damage)

Frost wave - Push your target away with a wave of cold and deal low damage.

Throw Snow - Throw snow at your target dealing low damage and blinding them for 2s.

Frostport - Teleport 10m forwards and leave a icy trail behind you slowing any targets that walk into it. (only grants 1 stack of Frosted if walked on)

Is It Getting Colder? - Apply a medium dot to your target for 7ticks and slows +2% per tick (only grants 1 stack of Frosted on 4th tick)

The Cold Will Get You - Apply a medium-high damage dot to your target for 4ticks

A Cold Grip - Throw you whip out 10m to pull an target into you and slow them by 50% for 2s.

A Cold Ending - At 5 stacks of Frosted freeze the target and deal damage based on missing health.

- Playstyle Combos -

Solo/small groups -

So ideally an aggressive combo would go something like this:

Pull a target in with A Cold Grip giving you a 50% slow and a frosted stack >  Icy Echo to reset the slow and grant a stack of frosted > Apply  The Cold Will Get You for damage > Apply Is It Getting Colder? for damage and frosted stack > Frost whip a few times to increase tick duration on dots > Throw Snow for blind to prevent damage and grant a stack of frosted >Frost Stomp to lock them in place and get your final stack of frosted > A Cold Ending to finish them off hopefully > If not dead Frostport on them and Frost wave while they are frozen for easy 2 stacks of frosted and repeat.

Ideally an defensive Combo would go somewhat the same but open like this:

When opened on instantly drop a Frost wave to knock them back for distance and a frosted stack > Frostport through them for a frosted stack > Icy Echo for slow > apply DOTs for damage and a frosted stack > Throw Snow for blind and frosted stack > kite with dots, blind and slow up > A Cold Ending for a hard cc to reset the fight > then continue with a aggressive combo

Counterplay:

Basically the main counterplay to this class is purging dots/cc or just bursting them to off put there tempo, delaying there frosted stacks.

Bigger groups - 

Pretty self explanatory, your in medium armour so u can take somewhat of a beating and you have a tonne of cc and aoes so just dive into the middle of them after your tanks have a solid initiation. Your groups choice of terrain for a fight will largely impact your effectiveness, like most aoe classes.

Counterplay:

Despite being in medium armour, being focused still doesnt work out well. fighting spread out will also help alot, making sure the aoes dont hit many people

- In Conclusion -

this is probably a long ass post i didnt notice how long it was untill now, again this is just MY concept on a "Frostweaver", please leave any feedback positive or negative both is encouraged. Im not really one for writing these types of things but i felt like this was just perfect for the situation, so sorry for any mistakes or anything missing i will try to keep it up to date with feedback

Edited by 2d17ec10-14fe-11e6-975f-db8afb38a3cd

2 hours ago, 2d17ec10-14fe-11e6-975f-db8afb38a3cd said:

Also ive no idea what is up with my username so uh yh lol sorry for spam name i guess

Stealing your identity.

RIP you.

gCWxS8u.jpg