Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Ranks need more gaps between them in output

Anhrez

Today I mined rank 1, 4,5,6,7,8 ore nodes and tracked the amounts of each quality found

I used full pots, this gives me more output for other testing, but every node had full so the comparisons between ranks should be fair. 

I avoided Copper as I am specialized in it and wanted no change in the stats per ore type.

Rank 7 versus Rank 8 gave me 2X more purples but the rest of the amounts were close to on par with each other and considering the huge durability shift, and the amount of time to harvest it just feels like the Rank 8 should give more bang for our swing.

Rank 6 versus Rank 7 gave we way too similar outputs. The only significant difference was Rank 7 gave me 2X the green than the Rank 6 but the blue and purple output did not feel significant again because of the durability and the time to harvest difference.

If someone has any other experience please let me know, I just did 20 nodes of each 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

After doing some group harvesting with 3-4 players this weekend, it seemed like Rank 7 solo nodes gave us the best outcome (anecdotal, didn't track all the data). We were looking for quality ores, not minerals.

tiPrpwh.png

I agree that the return for time and pick damage the higher nodes seem a little underwelming.

I would prefer to see higher drops especially iron :)