Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Anhrez

Real Confusion over Alchemy and Factory/Mass Production

Ok I am quite confused ... first its stupid that the embed process on this forum is so inconsistent.  Do I use BBCode, HTML ? at least the last format allowed much easier image addition. Others sure can get them embed ... but me ?

my concern about Alchemy is that the Training path for it seems way off. The advanced training shows I can make factories but in the Basic Crafting skill path I am not training towards mass production as I train towards Alchemy? If I am training towards 5 out of the 8 professions I am training towards mass production efficiently. So is the Alchemy Advanced tree still a carbon copy of some other Skill tree ? is there such a thing as an Alchemy Factory ? If so why is there a HUGE training skill gap of time to get Alchemy to leverage Mass Production Basics which is required to operate a factory? 

http://imgur.com/lWHpRgx

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

8 hours ago, anhrezcf said:

first its stupid that the embed process on this forum is so inconsistent.  Do I use BBCode, HTML ?

If you had pasted in the image (http://i.imgur.com/lWHpRgx .png) it would have worked. You pasted in a regular link to a webpage. See?

lWHpRgx.png

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

7 hours ago, Caenth said:

If you had pasted in the image (http://i.imgur.com/lWHpRgx .png) it would have worked. You pasted in a regular link to a webpage. See?

lWHpRgx.png

thanks see that makes sense! 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

2 hours ago, The RatKing said:

Since when was 15 days Huge?  That's two weeks. Meanwhile you're learning skills that benefit you as you do alchemy...

15 days is huge ... compared to the other professions that are not spending those days and have nothing in their Skill track that would cause them to spend down tree. That is 15 days of specialization that is lost.

If they want us to have all the crafting pieces before we move on just put them in the tree before we reach the Advanced skills. Right now you MUST have both (Basic Speed or Basic Assembly) and (Experimentation or Experm Points) trained for Alchemy to get Mass production. But you only need Basic Speed or Basic Assembly trained to start mass production for Masonry, Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Leatherworking or Jewelcrafting? With what w know know it makes no sense to have a 15 day gate for mass production on one versus these others.

Edited by anhrezcf

LR0tCJt.png

The bottom line is that every crafting profession should be available after training any line of the tree. Yes, we will absolutely want all of the stuff in the basic tree, but when certain professions can only be accessed by going down certain lines, it takes away choice.

What I would do is move mass production between the skill lines and the profession specific skills. All of the skill lines would converge into mass production (rather than just 2 of them) and all of the profession specific skills would be available after training mass production. That way, every profession has the same amount of skills to train before they can train the profession specific skill, but can also choose which line they want to train instead of having it be forced upon them.

To answer your question if Alchemy will have a factory, that is a YES.  Its the Alchemy Crafting Station.  And you can appoint a thrall there to empower that process.