Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mezcon

All things Alchemy

Hello my fellow Crows.  I have always loved being an Alchemist in other games, and I cannot wait to be one in Crowfall, providing this great community with every thing they need to succeed in campaigns where what I create , like in SWG, actually matters, and that we all have a chance to become famous on our servers for what we provide!  .  In this thread, us Alchemy geeks can share information about what we know, and a space where we can freely theory craft about what we want to have.

Is it just me, or are some Alchemical ingredients just plain missing from the game?  I grounded a few materials the other night, and I just could not find some of these components.  like Water flasks.  I also noticed that right now, no matter what material you use, the potions come out the same with no difference in potency.  So a fair warning to my fellow Alchemists, Do NOT use Blue, purple or higher quality materials for potions yet.  You will WASTE them, so use it on something else right now and just spam harvest Slag. 

Edited by Mezcon

Potions are temporary for testing. I think you mean Halite rather than Hetite. You have to get the mineral drops from stone mother lodes. Grinding those minerals will get you Halite and Cinnabar. Mother lodes require at least 2 people to harvest them, though if your hammer is good enough, you can probably manage a rank 4 mother lode on your own.

So far I have found you can only make a total of 6 of the Temporary Potions, 5 Philosophy Solutions and Ambrosia with the materials in game. The Phil Solutions are not for direct consumption but are only for the necromancy. 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

4 minutes ago, anhrezcf said:

So far I have found you can only make a total of 6 of the Temporary Potions, 5 Philosophy Solutions and Ambrosia with the materials in game. The Phil Solutions are not for direct consumption but are only for the necromancy. 

I think you left out the crafting potions. So, 9 temp potions. 

17 minutes ago, Arkade said:

I think you left out the crafting potions. So, 9 temp potions. 

omg yes sir ! you are correct .... 

So 9 temp which we expect to go away and the others are non-consuming used in other Crafting professions. Do you have any 'gut' feeling about true Alchemy consumables in game? I mean they can't use minerals as they are too hard to collect and using them for a temporary buff seems to be wasteful. So will Harvesting Plants in farming give us the low grade mats for pots ? 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

Alchemy is not at all fleshed out... I expect it may also make some components for Runes along with Vessels.  Most crafting has at least 2 crossovers with other crafts, maybe more...   Jewelcrafting has more work too, I would think that the Soul gems for capturing Thralls (Pokeballs) would have an alchemy component.   And we will have a full line of real consumables.

The only component currently revealed which is "missing" from Alchemy is water flasks. All of the ingredients for the 5 different versions of Philosopher's Solution exist -- Iosis, Yliamstrum, Leucosis, Melanosis and Xanthosis can all be created. As the Philosopher's Stone requires 4 of the 5 Philosopher's Solutions, you can mix and match these, using 4 Iosis solutions or 2 Yliamstrum and 2 Melanosis or 1 each of 4 different solutions. This allows you to weight the attributes of your vessel toward Strength or Intelligence or create a balanced approach. It is my understanding that the 6 harvesting potions and 3 crafting potions are only for testing and will not survive to the live environment. The "out of combat" healing potion will likely continue to exist. Whether we will get an "in combat" healing potion or stamina or mana potions remain to be seen. My hope is that Alchemy will be expanded at some point to be more important for combat, but the use of consumables can be a slippery slope (and a lot of games have gotten this aspect of gameplay wrong). 

Thank you guys for sharing your knowledge.  In the next playtest, I am going to try and again attempt with a friend to hack at a Motherlode to get the materials for the solutions that you mentioned Gradishar.  Last time me and my friend tried getting at Mother lodes, it bugged out and didn't give us anything at all.  So hopefully by the live version, they will have fixed this annoying bug.  I really want to get a feel for making Philosophers stones as that will be a HUGE, and key part of Alchemy. 

Its interesting that you said that the Harvesting and crafting potions might not make it to the live game.  I hope you mean, the potions as they are now.  I hope that in the live version, since its still a few months out, that by then Alchemy will be more fleshed out, and we can start getting green, blue, purple, and orange quality potions and components, that we can get the same kind of potions.  I am definitely excited to see where ACE wants to take Alchemy!!  I was grinding out potions in Skyrim, and I couldn't help but daydream of what its going to be like... ^_^ 

just a thought for Alchemist Specializations.

Potions maker - Specilises in making healing potions stronger.
Flask maker - Specilises in making fortification (Buff type potions) so stats boosts and things
Misc - Specializes in making stronger base resource combines (So making pieces that go into finished potions or other crafting better)

Veeshan Midst of UXA

On 3/8/2017 at 6:11 PM, Mezcon said:

Thank you guys for sharing your knowledge.  In the next playtest, I am going to try and again attempt with a friend to hack at a Motherlode to get the materials for the solutions that you mentioned Gradishar.  Last time me and my friend tried getting at Mother lodes, it bugged out and didn't give us anything at all.  So hopefully by the live version, they will have fixed this annoying bug.  I really want to get a feel for making Philosophers stones as that will be a HUGE, and key part of Alchemy. 

Its interesting that you said that the Harvesting and crafting potions might not make it to the live game.  I hope you mean, the potions as they are now.  I hope that in the live version, since its still a few months out, that by then Alchemy will be more fleshed out, and we can start getting green, blue, purple, and orange quality potions and components, that we can get the same kind of potions.  I am definitely excited to see where ACE wants to take Alchemy!!  I was grinding out potions in Skyrim, and I couldn't help but daydream of what its going to be like... ^_^ 

You will need 4 people with green hammers