Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Skills training ... another thread of course

Anhrez

While digging through some of the advanced training in Excavation I noticed and interesting requirement 'This skill must be trained to the maximum for any benefit'.

the challenge is that this skill has 2 benefits. I suspect the Harvest Critical Chance will increment up from 0% to 5% in anothe similar skill I am at 78 out of 100 points and I have 3.8% out of the possible 5% gained. Its the 2nd part of this skill that adds the challenge/issue. The Critical Amount 0/1 ... its all or nothing it seems.

My confusion is that these 2 stats are the same 2 stats that are beyond this one.

MxduwPQ.png

So does the 2 beyond actually add 1 Crit amount and 5% more or maybe just place holders?

ujFBF77.png

The Crit amount is another all or nothing skill which is so unlike most of the rest in Harvesting. This must train 100% makes an odd effort in planning

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

The tooltip is abit misleading but based on how the other and similar skills work itll be

- partial training will give you a chunk of the harvest critical chance %

- partial training will NOT give you +1.....afterall the game ''cant'' give you 0,35 of a marble block

when fully trained

5% more chance that you trigger a critical harvest - which is the iconic loot pinata effect where basicly another full node is dropped on the spot

+1 when you trigger a critical harvest.....If the critical harvest on that Marble node would drop 3common 1 green marble and 3 dust.....you now get 4common 1 green and 3 dust

Note that critical harvest could roll a higher loot table, and as a result you'd get +1 material of that higher loot table

We dont know for sure wheter the +1 ammount dropped picks the lowest grade of that loottable, or wheter it picks 1mat that gains +1
If the latter is the case it could result in very serious drops

To some folk....its probably more straightforward to think harvesters can do ''critical hit + critical dmg '' when collecting the harvest nodes

Edited by dyonthegrey

11 hours ago, anhrezcf said:

MxduwPQ.png

So does the 2 beyond actually add 1 Crit amount and 5% more or maybe just place holders?

ujFBF77.png

The Crit amount is another all or nothing skill which is so unlike most of the rest in Harvesting. This must train 100% makes an odd effort in planning

It should just add them up. So you'll end up with 10% Marble Crit Chance and 2 Critical Amount after you've trained all 3 up.

Guild Leader of Seeds of War

I was a bit unclear in my concern, but for some reason I was able to clarify in less than 140 characters :blink:

the current structure 'felt' wrong and I picked this example as something that bothered me but tbh it was not the root issue.

The fact that Copper, Granite and Human Graves were still on the front Skill track before you specialized in Excavation was the rub, and it seems like they are do to completely re-work it like they did the actual harvesting taking out Gold on the top and Copper on the bottom.

fiZdIa0.png

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png