Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

First Look: Building EKs - Official discussion thread

wow

Exciting

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

Hopefully the launch of the EK tech leads to some buildings and POIs being implemented into campaigns. I can't say I'm super excited about EKs but it seems like a lot of the tech will cross over into the campaign worlds.

Other than that...EKs...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Awesome! Can't wait to place my fort and other buildings! Sadly my MC is not yet available to play with.

I have some questions though:

• In how many degrees are we able to rotate the pieces? 90, 45 or custom?
  • Can we rotate every piece or building or only certain ones?

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

56 minutes ago, Zybak said:

Other than that...EKs...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Shut your filthy mouth. Is there a down vote button :P

Love that this is just one more step to getting closer to crafting a shard. I wonder how many of those poor Diamond/Blood Stone backers even have Forts and Keeps to test with lol

Wow. Nice Max.

Very clear and concise and exciting. This is fairly huge.

I'm happy you guys went with deeds for the items before placement. Another contextual Shadowbane tip of the hat that doesn't go unnoticed.

GG ACE. Rather amazing that you have so many disparate systems coming online so close in time to one another. 

I love it!! Can't wait to play Legos! I just have one question though.

Will small castles be out before Pre-Alpha 2 gains access? Or some time around then? If not it would be cool if Ruby backers got a loaner keep to play around with.

2 hours ago, makkon said:

I miss one detail:

if I put deeds inside some EK (not my) and then lost access to this EK does my buildings removed from those EK or I need to do something other?

I remember it being stated in one of the earlier videos that in cases where access to an EK was lost, the structured would be redeeded and returned to the player's bank/account.

This is fantastic stuff, I know I am not alone in looking forward to not only testing these assets and the overall system, but seeing how they work their way into the general testing environment. In SB city design was one of my things - people would even have me come place their structures for them (there were a few tricks you could do to get unique placements) - and I am looking forward to doing the same in Crowfall.

There is one thing which I am wondering about - while the understanding is that this system will be used for the EKs, and that building in the Campaign Worlds, in those tings or rulesets that allow it, will be different, there is a possibility for unintended 'abuse' with some of the mechanics here. For example, Todd has mentioned that we won't be having walls dropping instantly on people due to the build times, but, based on this information here, deletion times WILL be instant, and this is something which could be used to advantage. I've done this myself and there are a few circumstances where it definitely can manifest as an unintended and more important, impossible to counter.

I am very happy to see these as deeds and inventory items that can be looted. Again in an EK context this is less impacting, but in CWs this will allow for some interesting gameplay, especially if this same system is used for things like siege-assets. Seige tent and bulwarks stealing during sieges or siege prep in Shadowbane was an incredible way for a single player to impact or interrupt an entire siege...pretty amazing potential there.

Looking good! This is shaping up to be an exciting summer for Crowfall!

That means they can be traded, dropped, placed in containers and even lost on death, so be careful! (The test kingdoms are set to PvE so don’t go near any monsters and you won’t be in danger of losing them!)

That triggers me a bit. What does this mean, after the game is released, for bought (from the store) items, like buildings? If I have a deed, been killed and looted, have I lost my deed forever? 

Edited by Daddie

1 hour ago, emmgee said:

The store bought items can only be used in the EK. So you won't be killed unless you turn on pvp in your ek.

And what if I die in my (or some other ek)? 

Edited by Daddie

" That means they can be traded, dropped, placed in containers and even lost on death, so be careful! (The test kingdoms are set to PvE so don’t go near any monsters and you won’t be in danger of losing them!) "

Hmmm so these items can be dropped on death or it is just that somehow we can be looted even in the PvE server? On one hand i think turning off player looting would be good to avoid trouble (in the PvE server ofc) but OTOH it doesnt seem like it would be useful to the live game to add that function (seems like it is not possible to do this right now)...

Edit: It cant be because of durability loss can it? It sort of makes sense but it also seems like it is wrong... I know they are treated as common items but... ugh...