Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Other games give players some form of ingame reward when they have F2A enabled. My suggestion is to give Crowfall players some ingame reward when they have F2A enabled. The reward is removed when they disable F2A...

Never heard of this. But if you need an incentive for having 2FA, here's one:
You won't get your poorly made socks jacked as easily. If you get your account compromised because you're a mongoloid that clicks spam links in his email, then you probably deserve it.

231e101d88.jpg

1 hour ago, Jatari said:

Don't know a game that does this. You've some suggestions for a reward?

WildStar does something like that:

• Title: Certifiably Certified
  • Cosmetic Item: Cybernetic Eye Patch
  • Persistent buff: 2% XP, Renown, Prestige
  • Retroblade Mount

It's not much, but it's still nice for people using it.

Source: https://support.wildstar-online.com/hc/en-us/articles/204680645-Two-Step-Verification-Setting-Up-and-Rewards

37 minutes ago, Vectious said:

We should be able to train an additional general skill.

Haters will call it P2W.

As a self proclaimed "hater", it's more like.... be safe to win? or something? I dunno... LOL

TBH they shouldn't let you make an account or purchase a bundle with out 2FA IMO.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

1 hour ago, destrin said:

As a self proclaimed "hater", it's more like.... be safe to win? or something? I dunno... LOL

TBH they shouldn't let you make an account or purchase a bundle with out 2FA IMO.

I did have to setup 2FA to "gift" a pack to my brother's account.

I don't mind them giving a reward to people that use it, but make it something that doesn't affect gameplay. Give them something cosmetic that they can strut around with in game so we all know that we can't hack their account.

15 minutes ago, Slashin8r said:

I don't mind them giving a reward to people that use it, but make it something that doesn't affect gameplay. Give them something cosmetic that they can strut around with in game so we all know that we can't hack their account.

I wouldn't mind a small cosmetic reward either, but with the limited budget ACE has to work with I would rather them not spend thousands, if not ten's of thousands of dollars just making some cosmetic item(s) for rewarding people for something they should be doing in the first place. Everyone should be using 2FA for the extra security IMO.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

I've played several mmos that have minor rewards for this - FF14 gives you a cheaper teleport, DFO gives you a free potion every day, etc. Maybe something minor like a small tax discount in your EK. The main reward should be a secure account.

ex-SWG (Lowca). Veteran of the Great EVE War. Discord: hustler#6125

41 minutes ago, destrin said:

I wouldn't mind a small cosmetic reward either, but with the limited budget ACE has to work with I would rather them not spend thousands, if not ten's of thousands of dollars just making some cosmetic item(s) for rewarding people for something they should be doing in the first place. Everyone should be using 2FA for the extra security IMO.

I think the reason other companies end up incentivizing this type of thing is because in the long run, its cheaper to have people use it.

Its less likely for a person to lose a account, so ACE have to get involved alot less with that huge headache. 

CfWBSig.png

21 minutes ago, Vectious said:

I think the reason other companies end up incentivizing this type of thing is because in the long run, its cheaper to have people use it.

Its less likely for a person to lose a account, so ACE have to get involved alot less with that huge headache. 

I think so too. They might incentivize it in the future, I just think people should be using it out of habit nowadays.  When the flood gates open in CF and we have asset loss, people will do what ever they can to poop on your day.  Secure your account people!

YouTube Channel

5 hours ago, destrin said:

Account security is your reward.

This should be the only reply on this thread.  If you are spending any money on virtual goods there is no reason to not use F2A.  It's a completely free services and 100 times more secure then using a normal password.  If you are needing a reward to protect your investment in this game then I really hope you don't go through the experience from having your account be breached and your backer package stolen.

Official Moderator of the Community Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

17 minutes ago, Weebles said:

This should be the only reply on this thread.  If you are spending any money on virtual goods there is no reason to not use F2A.  It's a completely free services and 100 times more secure then using a normal password.  If you are needing a reward to protect your investment in this game then I really hope you don't go through the experience from having your account be breached and your backer package stolen.

More F2A -> Less support cost ..I didn't say a big reward, just something cosmetic..