Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cannibal man

Df Clans That Will Be Playing Crowfall

btw is there any reason you don't have us listed?

Now I do. I think when I first saw you guys post, it wasn't a declaration of intent as other clans have done.

And at the time I had worked around 70 hours that week so was pretty tired haha, and was just scrolling through the thread, adding clans.

Edited by cannibal man

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

Gotcha, I removed DPS then.

Coincidentally at the same time remembering that they were Devil Preservation Society, or something along those lines anyway.

Appreciate the help.

Yup, Devil Preservation Society indeed :)

Member of The BlackHand Order

Crowns and Crows podcast polled the below guilds and their leadership for our live stream discussion tomorrow night.

The Shipwrecked Pirates - Major
The Professionals [PRX] - Tuco
The Knights of Glory and Beer [KGB] - Drakiis
Lords of Death - Obs
The Undead Lords - Ginko
Lords of the Dead - Hades

We'll be kicking it off at 8:30pm EST www.twitch.tv/crownsandcrows

We hope that these answers prove useful to the dev team to hear what some of the most experienced guilds are looking for in a game.

Edited by valor

Not exactly sure how TM can claim themselves as "winners" of dfo when reality is they quit the second the rest of the server was starting to catch up to their insanely developed characters  :rolleyes: . A clan above average? Definitely. But there were a few clans I can think of throughout DFO's history that were much more coordinated and deadly in small-medium numbers.

Also, DFO's skill ceiling and level of competitiveness didn't surge before the last ~2-1.5 years of the game, since the grind was so tedious and combat (after the changes) so complex that it took 2-2.5 years for people to figure out the actual META game 

Just look at this gameplay compared to that of launch. The skill of play is at a completely different level compared to the AOE nukefest of the early months/year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTzHY39xZYU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OlEInx1KK4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4bwKsk0toI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3h9R09jlqY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd8nSLOXlM4

You cannot compare gameplay from early game to late game. The pressure to adapt gameplay came over time. What you start at is the cutting edge. What you arrive at is also the cutting edge. You don't get from point A to point B without starting at A. We defined and pushed the style of gameplay at launch. Had the game not died population wise we would have continued to play and would have continued to stay at the cutting edge.

All your post is, is more revisionist BS. 75 to 80% of the time we spent on EU1, was without the stupid AOE magic. We dominated then without any issue. We didn't quit because people were catching up. We were never out in front by ourselves. We quit because the server died and the game died. Sure some people continued on, but going from DF in the first 6 months, to DF after server split was announced was like walking out of the sunshine into a gray, damp, overcast mess.

If it took people 3 years to figure out the meta, then they were poorly made socksty at video games. It took us about 5 minutes of reading the features to figure out the meta in 2003.

Congrats to the people who finally did well, 3 years after everyone good quit. Someone said "the meek shall inherit the earth". I think that was a translating error. What they really meant was "The baddies will inherent the PvP MMO's after everyone good quits".

Congrats to the people who finally did well, 3 years after everyone good quit. Someone said "the meek shall inherit the earth". I think that was a translating error. What they really meant was "The baddies will inherent the PvP MMO's after everyone good quits".

Didn't play the game, but have to agree. If the game took that 2-3 years to develop a meta game, its players must have done something wrong. On the other hand I didn't play DF after beta personally, but man must have been one complex feature, or real dumb players. My guess is the meta was there right within the first month of release, but nobody made a youtube clip about it.

Edited by nehemia

Didn't play the game, but have to agree. If the game took that 2-3 years to develop a meta game, its players must have done something wrong. On the other hand I didn't play DF after beta personally, but man must have been one complex feature, or real dumb players. My guess is the meta was there right within the first month of release, but nobody made a youtube clip about it.

cant even imagine where these newbies would be without their youtubes and their twitches

Edited by byrr

I wonder how many DFers here are good with the Tera combat mech? 

Most people will be able to adapt if they put their mind to it.

I believe that people from Tera will have more difficulty adapting to DF than vice versa.

That is because I think that games like TERA are a lot more accessible than DF.

The big question will be if people are motivated enough to continue playing.

That's my biggest fear personally, lack of entertainment and/or challenging aspects.

Edited by timetraveler

Most people will be able to adapt if they put their mind to it.

I believe that people from Tera will have more difficulty adapting to DF than vice versa.

That is because I think that games like TERA are a lot more accessible than DF.

The big question will be if people are motivated enough to continue playing.

That's my biggest fear personally, lack of entertainment and/or challenging aspects.

I dont like in that system that the game mechanics cut your personal skill. In DFO you were able to hit the target from any distance using bow, and only skill was involved. In Tera the distance is limited by the game mech, no prediction. It will make PvP less fun.

Besides that the interest will depend on other features which are moving towards caual games in my understanding.

Edited by bassa

I think the Crowfall combat is going to turn a lot of hardcore Darkfall fans off. It doesn't look like it inspires the same adrenaline. Let's just hope the mechanics and fundamentals of the game do.

You cannot compare gameplay from early game to late game. The pressure to adapt gameplay came over time. What you start at is the cutting edge. What you arrive at is also the cutting edge. You don't get from point A to point B without starting at A. We defined and pushed the style of gameplay at launch. Had the game not died population wise we would have continued to play and would have continued to stay at the cutting edge.

All your post is, is more revisionist BS. 75 to 80% of the time we spent on EU1, was without the stupid AOE magic. We dominated then without any issue. We didn't quit because people were catching up. We were never out in front by ourselves. We quit because the server died and the game died. Sure some people continued on, but going from DF in the first 6 months, to DF after server split was announced was like walking out of the sunshine into a gray, damp, overcast mess.

If it took people 3 years to figure out the meta, then they were poorly made socksty at video games. It took us about 5 minutes of reading the features to figure out the meta in 2003.

The Mercs only started to "dominate" once you all had higher stats, better gear, and more masteries than anyone else on the server.

You guys had 100 mastery, infernal armor, and r50/60 weapons.  You were fighting people with 50 base skill, banded armor, and r30/40 weapons.

Regardless, this is a new game.  Hopefully Crowfall won't be as easily exploited in terms of "power leveling" as AC and DF.

The Mercs only started to "dominate" once you all had higher stats, better gear, and more masteries than anyone else on the server.

You guys had 100 mastery, infernal armor, and r50/60 weapons.  You were fighting people with 50 base skill, banded armor, and r30/40 weapons.

this has always been my favorite excuse.

Regardless, this is a new game.  Hopefully Crowfall won't be as easily exploited in terms of "power leveling" as AC and DF.

They never dominated though...

Member of The BlackHand Order

Uzik was one of those baddies who was... wait nevermind, he was never good.

Anyway, didn't we already have this argument?

They never dominated though...

Hence the quotation marks

Uzik was one of those baddies who was... wait nevermind, he was never good.

Anyway, didn't we already have this argument?

Who are you?  Only reason I know you are a DF player is because of that avatar.

Crowns and Crows podcast polled the below guilds and their leadership for our live stream discussion tomorrow night.

The Shipwrecked Pirates - Major

The Professionals [PRX] - Tuco

The Knights of Glory and Beer [KGB] - Drakiis

Lords of Death - Obs

The Undead Lords - Ginko

Lords of the Dead - Hades

We'll be kicking it off at 8:30pm EST www.twitch.tv/crownsandcrows

We hope that these answers prove useful to the dev team to hear what some of the most experienced guilds are looking for in a game.

I missed the live stream of this, is there a link to a recording anywhere?

Who are you?  Only reason I know you are a DF player is because of that avatar.

And there's only one person who has ever used that avatar. Cannbal Man was the name I ran under when I was with DHW. The other name was the one I used when I created a noob character and made vids of killing supposed "elitist pvpers" with said character, and people like you ate it up.

Anyway, if you don't know who I am, you never really played Darkfall. I never was the best of the best, but I was regarded well enough. Not to mention I MADE alfar race chat.

So if you truly don't know who I am, I'm sorry. Especially considering Absolution (your clan right?) paid my alliance, that I ran, quite a hefty fee for saving their city from LoD in DF:UW. But custard UW.

Edited by cannibal man