Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cannibal man

Df Clans That Will Be Playing Crowfall

Late on your reply but I played Shadowbane for 6-7 years, i played darkfall for 6-7 months. Magic just ruined Darkfall.

it might have ruined it for you, for me magic in darkfall 1 was the most entertaining thing ever. you cant really have more fun than beating legions of other players with just 2 or 3 guys. im sorry that you had to be one of our victims who weren't that fond of beeing obliterated...

i mean i won a 100vs1  in elder scrolls online with my emperor, but i couldn't loot anyone there, so that doesn't really compare.

Late on your reply but I played Shadowbane for 6-7 years, i played darkfall for 6-7 months. Magic just ruined Darkfall.

Makes sense and it's not that weird to be honest. Many original Darkfall players loved the early stages more with just melee, archery and lesser magic. I'm one of these persons as well. It comes down to taste.

If Crowfall doesn't flop massively The BlackHand Order will be playing, of course.

Makes sense and it's not that weird to be honest. Many original Darkfall players loved the early stages more with just melee, archery and lesser magic. I'm one of these persons as well. It comes down to taste.

Aye that's very true, Darkfall was really superior before magic came into play. Really custarded poorly made socks up sadly and it started going downhill from there.

Edited by Zushakon

I don't think magic ruined Darkfall, but combat did seem more fun when most people just had melee, archery, and very light magic.

They really should have enforced specialization requirements for magic.

it might have ruined it for you, for me magic in darkfall 1 was the most entertaining thing ever. you cant really have more fun than beating legions of other players with just 2 or 3 guys. im sorry that you had to be one of our victims who weren't that fond of beeing obliterated...

Cute but i mean i was part of the Aghans. We dominated everyone with our rush to magic and it wasnt very much fun compared to the early sieges.

Edited by byrr

i mean i won a 100vs1  in elder scrolls online with my emperor, but i couldn't loot anyone there, so that doesn't really compare.

Nobody in ANG was even that quick with getting high magic and I quit as soon as I leveled mine up and realized how custard broken and boring the game got in comparison to earlier days, as did most others and only a fraction remained.

well, its true that there were a bunch of mercs that had elemental magic earlier than mikkey knox and me...a lot of them got into beta and they found ways to exploit highend mobs in the center area from day 1 on, and i was the only ANG in beta and apparently too stupid to find any worthwhile exploits. KRANKONE HSLER was even starting a few weeks after launch so he had to catch up a bit. still i remember jufes debecket (he wasn't ang tho) and me were the first 2 guys with surging mana missles on the server...it was a blast to rip apart fully geared groups when we were naked with the noobie-staff, even mercs at hintenfau, but mostly our targets were hyperion at their main city. a few weeks later mercs were already quitting and mikkey knox, KRANKONE and me were surely among the most developed characters on the server...if you haven't noticed that, you probably didn't play darkfall and are just talking poorly made socks.

i don't remember exactly when the patch came that made all the ultimate (100 skill) spells share 1 cooldown, but before that it was just ridiculous (in a good way)

edit: oh i also remember i was among the first ppl who hit greatsword mastery 100, by hitting nakeds with the newbiesword at sinisters hamlet...that together with surging mana missiles was just ridiculous aswell (but yeah i can see how that's not very funny for the other end)

Edited by Seitan

well, its true that there were a bunch of mercs that had elemental magic earlier than mikkey knox and me...a lot of them got into beta and they found ways to exploit highend mobs in the center area from day 1 on, and i was the only ANG in beta and apparently too stupid to find any worthwhile exploits. KRANKONE HSLER was even starting a few weeks after launch so he had to catch up a bit. still i remember jufes debecket (he wasn't ang tho) and me were the first 2 guys with surging mana missles on the server...it was a blast to rip apart fully geared groups when we were naked with the noobie-staff, even mercs at hintenfau, but mostly our targets were hyperion at their main city. a few weeks later mercs were already quitting and mikkey knox, KRANKONE and me were surely among the most developed characters on the server...if you haven't noticed that, you probably didn't play darkfall and are just talking ****.

yeah sadly reaching high magic early on was very dependent of exploiting like a lil ****(not saying I was completely innocent, but I wasn't one of the worst at least lol), but yeah I remember you Kranky and mikkey being well developed :) but I quit the first time around same time as mercs was quitting if memory doesn't fail me too much. When I saw what combat was becoming my interest died pretty hard and I was pretty burned out from basically no-lifing for over 5 months straight..

i don't remember exactly when the patch came that made all the ultimate (100 skill) spells share 1 cooldown, but before that it was just ridiculous (in a good way)

It was, but I wouldn't say it was in a good way :D

Edited by Zushakon

probably for the mercs it wasn't very funny because they had no real enemies...they were running in a big group fully geared all with high magic and just very rarely fought bigger groups that were challenging in any way...for me it was just constantly beeing outnumbered, and i also permanently died, also i always had a few arch enemies in the center dungeon who always kept my pulse high and dry looted me like every other day...but we kept playing and when we quit like 18 months later we had 13 holdings i think, with a small clan - we even built a man-o-war before sun, with 1/10th of their numbers, i think only the mercs had one before us and many ppl believe they duped materials for that

Edited by Seitan

probably for the mercs it wasn't very funny because they had no real enemies...they were running in a big group fully geared all with high magic and just very rarely fought bigger groups that were challenging in any way...for me it was just constantly beeing outnumbered, and i also permanently died, also i always had a few arch enemies in the center dungeon who always kept my pulse high and dry looted me like every other day...but we kept playing and when we quit like 18 months later we had 13 holdings i think, with a small clan - we even built a man-o-war before sun, with 1/10th of their numbers, i think only the mercs had one before us and many ppl believe they duped materials for that

I didn't like when you took the city from crapsule...

all the easy raiding was gone ;)

well, its true that there were a bunch of mercs that had elemental magic earlier than mikkey knox and me...a lot of them got into beta and they found ways to exploit highend mobs in the center area from day 1 on, and i was the only ANG in beta and apparently too stupid to find any worthwhile exploits. KRANKONE HSLER was even starting a few weeks after launch so he had to catch up a bit. still i remember jufes debecket (he wasn't ang tho) and me were the first 2 guys with surging mana missles on the server...it was a blast to rip apart fully geared groups when we were naked with the noobie-staff, even mercs at hintenfau, but mostly our targets were hyperion at their main city. a few weeks later mercs were already quitting and mikkey knox, KRANKONE and me were surely among the most developed characters on the server...if you haven't noticed that, you probably didn't play darkfall and are just talking ****.

while we never denied the fact we exploited high end mobs I just wanted to come in and laugh at you for something.

well, its true that there were a bunch of mercs that had elemental magic earlier than mikkey knox and me...a lot of them got into beta and they found ways to exploit highend mobs in the center area from day 1 on

High end mobs in the middle were never added to darkfall beta. Its always funny to see how far this story goes.

Other than that, noone knew who you guys were in early darkfall. you give yourselves far to much credit. The only guilds people really recognized for rolling much higher numbers were Serenity Now and the Afghans. You guys were irrelevant.

Edited by byrr

Same folks who roamed Ruby at the beginning of NA-1?  If so, awesome.  Wonder if Undead himself will play?

Anyway, I lost ties with most of the clans I played with, and was never a factor anyway.  I'll be rolling with some newish friends, Pax.

I know there's somebody out there who remembers me.  His Man?  Dest?  Chersky?  Anyone?

Pinkkkkkkkkkkk teamweenkie remembers you <3 and his man says hi! Were all rolling with Defiance still

I gotta say, abusing vampire skill tree was batpoorly made socks amusing. Felt godlike to bring down a zerg solo.

I gotta say, abusing vampire skill tree was bat**** amusing. Felt godlike to bring down a zerg solo.

i wasnt even using that, just the dragonknight standard

while we never denied the fact we exploited high end mobs I just wanted to come in and laugh at you for something.

High end mobs in the middle were never added to darkfall beta. Its always funny to see how far this story goes.

Other than that, noone knew who you guys were in early darkfall. you give yourselves far to much credit. The only guilds people really recognized for rolling much higher numbers were Serenity Now and the Afghans. You guys were irrelevant.

ok whatever and yes true noone really knew us in the early days, never claimed otherwise...but at least some ppl who inhabited early long march should remember naked kaok looting poor crafters there every day for weeks