Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rend


VIKINGNAIL
 Share

Recommended Posts

Very interesting.  Some of their choices are different from Crowfall, some just TBD:  accelerating campaigns, POIs for PvP, combat split-body vs rooting.

  • Tech - accelerates the game; choices are made by faction; earned from PvP kills
  • Artifacts - accelerates power [unclear if usable by group or faction]; focuses PvP
  • Meta Progression - "even strength", "veteran will have more options", "no more raw power"
  • Base Building & Reckoning - base's shields drop, focused construction & PvP combat
  • Weapons - shooter-style FPS

Crowfall supporters would argue that we have more "skillful" combat, better roles due to the persistent trees, freedom to play when you want, EKs for groups & economy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn't say crowfall has more skillful combat, I'd say currently crowfall combat is much more easy than any other pvp mmo I have ever played, but it has time to improve.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The development of Crowfall is one of the worst I have ever seen.

They will be outclassed by every game that tries something similar.

ACE started with thinking, now is the time for Indie MMOs, and thats right, but they are so bad at their job, they will soon be last place.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn't say it's bad, the only big misstep I think ACE made was how long they stuck with a faulty type of combat, but even that happens often in game development, we usually just don't get to see the early development.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, pang said:

So Conan Exiles with lazer gunz, cool...

That's what it seems like and tri-faction. Tho from watching the vid on things to come for conan seems they want larger groups later in the game.

I don't want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge. I want to play a GAME against PLAYERS, where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose. Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE. Even if i lose, the experience won't feel hollow. I don't want another worthless trophy.

PLAY TO CRUSH

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The more I read about it the less interested I am. Unfortunately it seems that Crowfall is the only new MMO that has the vision that I want for a game. If Crowfall doesn't deliver then I will be a pretty sad puppy because there are no other MMOs even on my radar.

Here's a pretty good article on Rend:

http://www.pcgamer.com/rend-survival-game-preview/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Zybak said:

The more I read about it the less interested I am. Unfortunately it seems that Crowfall is the only new MMO that has the vision that I want for a game. If Crowfall doesn't deliver then I will be a pretty sad puppy because there are no other MMOs even on my radar.

Here's a pretty good article on Rend:

http://www.pcgamer.com/rend-survival-game-preview/

Same, only other game I'm following is Dual Universe, sandbox sc-fi, voxels MMO by French Dev Novaquark.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, pang said:

Same, only other game I'm following is Dual Universe, sandbox sc-fi, voxels MMO by French Dev Novaquark.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Crowfall continues to disappointment every day. Good concept with potential, but very bad execution.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Helix said:

20-30 player cap per faction? Another survival game stuck in perpetual early access.

You mean like this one? Crowfall

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Urahara said:

You mean like this one? Crowfall

Except crowfall is actually going some where, and the goal is to support thousands of players on the campaign (jtodd said he'd accept nothing less, so that gives me at least some hope). Most survival game developers are just chasing a quick buck. Loot at games like Reign of Kings which is all but dead, and Ark which is selling expansions for a game that isn't even technically released. If we really want to talk about games that are in development hell and suffering from scope bloat / creep, we have to put star citizen on top of that list.

Rend is just another survival game in a sea of unfinished survival games.

Edited by Helix
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Helix said:

Except crowfall is actually going some where, and the goal is to support thousands of players on the campaign (jtodd said he'd accept nothing less, so that gives me at least some hope). Most survival game developers are just chasing a quick buck. Loot at games like Reign of Kings which is all but dead, and Ark which is selling expansions for a game that isn't even technically released. If we really want to talk about games that are in development hell and suffering from scope bloat / creep, we have to put star citizen on top of that list.

Rend is just another survival game in a sea of unfinished survival games.

1)
Rend is giving a good quality impression to me. I am confident they will achieve what they are aiming for.
This game will get its things done. At least much more likely than all the other survival games.

2)
Star Citizen is really taking time, and I dont like that for sure. But they will get things done in the end. The scale of this game is just of a different size that no one ever tried in this world yet. For sure they could just get rid of this space setting and get things done 3 years earlier than with their space setting, but thats just Chris Roberts. This guy is a bit crazy.
I dont like the space setting that much that I would accept more of an delay than 1 year. but I am not in charge. A normal planetside setting with everything in a normal MMO world, would make things much easier to handle, and the world would be the best and most vibrant one ever made.
But Star Citizen will get things done and it will be the best game ever made at the end, no doubt. Thats especially also the case because there are no other ambitous games around anymore.

3)
Crowfall isnt getting anywhere up till now.
If you take a look at all these survival games, they are getting worked on as well, and they are making some progress as well. But they are just no good, because their development work is totally unfocused.
Crowfall is no different.
ACE got problems with the smallest basics of development already and the progress after much more than 2 years isnt noteworthy.
Yes they are still trying, that may be right, but if they dont really get some things done very soon, the game will be this or that way no good.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Helix said:

Except crowfall is actually going some where, and the goal is to support thousands of players on the campaign (jtodd said he'd accept nothing less, so that gives me at least some hope). Most survival game developers are just chasing a quick buck. Loot at games like Reign of Kings which is all but dead, and Ark which is selling expansions for a game that isn't even technically released. If we really want to talk about games that are in development hell and suffering from scope bloat / creep, we have to put star citizen on top of that list.

Rend is just another survival game in a sea of unfinished survival games.

If they're looking to release in 6-12 months, they're further ahead in development than Crowfall is. Now, they might not not actually be looking to release in 6-12 months, and we don't really know how far along it is (probably around mid-alpha, but that's just from their summary), but I think it's a bit much to say that Crowfall will be out by the end of the year (there's no way we hit alpha in the next three months, and alpha will take half a year at least, so will beta).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ringhloth said:

If they're looking to release in 6-12 months, they're further ahead in development than Crowfall is. Now, they might not not actually be looking to release in 6-12 months, and we don't really know how far along it is (probably around mid-alpha, but that's just from their summary), but I think it's a bit much to say that Crowfall will be out by the end of the year (there's no way we hit alpha in the next three months, and alpha will take half a year at least, so will beta).

Well they're going for a soft launch ie the core game fully working. So based on their milestone progress as of late yeah a 2017 soft launch is very doable IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pang said:

Well they're going for a soft launch ie the core game fully working. So based on their milestone progress as of late yeah a 2017 soft launch is very doable IMO.

Well, so is Crowfall, and they say they already have the core mechanics in place. The main difference seems to be that winning and losing campaigns is in place for Rend, while it's not even been discussed for Crowfall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...