Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

EK parcel placement - Official discussion thread

Pann

Are there only going to be one monarch EK's or are we going to be able to assign an EK to a guild somehow in a way that lets guild leaders step down in place of someone else or leave the the guild without completely messing up that guild's EK? Being able to transfer ownership of an EK or share ownership would be handy.

Without this I see a lot of 'holding' accounts being made.

532c836f2a.png

Looking at the EK map editor, seems alot of land is needed to get connected to the mainland (assuming the edge of the mapeditor is the mainland). How do we know if our EK is connected? Second, will it be possible to place buildings from the EK map editor? Bit like a RTS game.. I like to have a big overview about everything before I place a building.

39 minutes ago, srathor said:

If Blazzen drops a parcel on me and kills me I am gonna be disgruntled.

You say that as if you'd be gruntled otherwise. I've never seen you gruntled, srathor. Yes, it's a real word, google tells me so.

I love it Max. Great write-up.

Just as an FYI, I did have one bug with claiming a cottage and villa on one account. It disappeared from the list of my items in the lobby, but never appeared in my spirit bank, which may not have had adequate room given the number of squares you made those inventory markers take up.

2 hours ago, Daddie said:

Looking at the EK map editor, seems alot of land is needed to get connected to the mainland (assuming the edge of the mapeditor is the mainland). How do we know if our EK is connected? Second, will it be possible to place buildings from the EK map editor? Bit like a RTS game.. I like to have a big overview about everything before I place a building.

What do you mean "mainland"?

2 hours ago, Daddie said:

Based on the article pretty sure you just put your parcels next to the temple parcel to connect them. Can see this in the 4th pic with the land parcels connected to the temple plot.

Edited by pang

48 minutes ago, pang said:

Based on the article pretty sure you just put your parcels next to the temple parcel to connect them. Can see this in the 4th pic with the land parcels connected to the temple plot.

Yeah.. Guess you are right. When they mentioned "mainland" I had a glimmer of hope the EK's would "merge" into one big world without the need to teleport to EK's.

5 hours ago, Dominhiho said:

Are there only going to be one monarch EK's or are we going to be able to assign an EK to a guild somehow in a way that lets guild leaders step down in place of someone else or leave the the guild without completely messing up that guild's EK? Being able to transfer ownership of an EK or share ownership would be handy.

This was my exact thought while reading the article.  Every person being on their own EK will be rather boring, ideally a guild, or even multiple, will be using the same EK.  If I'm founding member of the head guild, and a year down the line I decide to step away from them game what happens to the EK?  It's safe to say in such situations multiple people will have contributed to parcel and building purchases.  Perhaps guild fund raisers where everyone contributed.  In the end do I just own it all?  I'd hate to see a situations where a guild leader gets fed up and sells a sweet EK on Ebay.