Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Founders’ Update: BuilderWorld - Official discussion thread

Pann

Great to see that exploit statement. Hopefully players now see exploiting (misusing bugs) is not okay. Even in testing.

Apparently I should have had access to the buildings last weekend ... guess I have to write support to fix it.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

10 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

That is unsurprisingly lame. As for repeatedly, there was only one killing, but the exploit was used more than once, so it definitely qualifies as 'repeatedly'.

I confirmed that you can in fact kill and loot someone in this fashion then I reported it via video. Nothing that qualifies as "repeatedly" other than laughter.

If others used it after the fact that is where my responsibility ends and ACE's responsibility (to fix it) begins. 

This is after all a pre alpha test.

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

9 minutes ago, Caenth said:

I'm fairly sure the exploit statement wasn't made because of the building bug alone.

What was it because of then?

It seems fair to be very clear as to where a line is if you're going to punish for crossing a line. 

It wasn't based on anyone training bugged skills. It wasn't based on anyone finding a dupe. It wasn't based on using abilities that were bugged. It wasn't because a Druid jumped and blinked onto a wall or roof. It wasn't because a Fessor jumped at the end of their scoot.

Maybe the bugged books would qualify, but that's about the only thing I can think of.

19 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

That is unsurprisingly lame. As for repeatedly, there was only one killing, but the exploit was used more than once, so it definitely qualifies as 'repeatedly'.

or likely people saw that video when it was posted then did it themselves in game. So yeah as stated should report it asap but not sure posting a video publicly does much good IMO.

Edited by pang

Just now, blazzen said:

I confirmed that you can in fact kill and loot someone in this fashion then I reported it via video. Nothing that qualifies as "repeatedly" other than laughter.

If others used it after the fact that is where my responsibility ends and ACE's responsibility (to fix it) begins. 

This is after all a pre alpha test.

That it occurred in a test and has no real meaning or impact - which I agree with - has no bearing whatsover on the fact that it was indeed used repeatedly. I'm pretty sure you can count as well as the rest of us can, and it was used twice - once, then repeated - in the video.

As for having to do it a second time to confirm that you can indeed kill someone...pretty sure it was unnecessary, even a child could have inferred from what happened the first time that a similar amount of health would have been lost the second time, and this procedure would result in death. I'm not sure why the looting was necessary to prove anything either.

You're right about the context - pre-alpha - and the need for testing. But pretending the bare minimum was done is indeed laughable.

Hey no hard feelings.

He got to kill and loot me. (On the PvE server)

I get to call him a jerk and exploiter and generally a crappy person. All is fair in love and war. 

If he ganks me with a parcel placement though, I am going to have to start poison testing my apples. There could be a plot against me.

It was a huge service that Blazzen found this (fairly obvious) exploit in alpha when those assets are coming back home (in my opinion). Yes, we're rapidly speeding from testing toward having a game, but we're not there yet and I don't want to motivate testers to sit on these bugs and exploits.

Edited by coolwaters

Well the video shows 2 exploits so you cant qualify it as repeatedly.

1: the ability to damage a player by putting walls under them and removing them.

2: the ability to "loot" a player in a pve world "should you happen to kill them *somehow*" - this would be the big issue in that you can loot a player in the pve/EK world at all.

I have the feeling this "exploit" turn out to be really :huh:

I remember numbers of bugs occured in HD when whe have killed people with them, are those people called us "exploiter"?

By "exploit" we mean unintended bugs/features that give you a gameplay advantage over other players

And those bugs gived us damn great advantages in combat, and still i haven't found someone in those tests who called us exploiters.

Remember the bump bug? Grapple knight bug?

Anyway, great video, it looks really nice and give great view for the future of Crowfall.

Oh and hype for the new music !

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile