Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crafting Build Template

I started making a crafting build template, still a work in progress.  Basically it is a list of the things you need to make the thing above, based on the stack of that thing you need to make.  If you think that is complicated then wait till you see the spreadsheet.  Right now one item is available to view, I'm still working on the drop down menus to auto fill the basic resources you will need to make that component for the thing you want to make. :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/attribute_F8XZYDw7hOb_ attribute/edit? categorized =sharing

So far with the one build template I have up, you can select the attribute/benefit you are looking for and it will make a list of the basic resources you need to complete the item.  I categorized the attributes into Combat, Crafting, and Exploration. With exploration sub categorized into Ore, Stone, Wood, & Animal.  This makes it easier to find in the pull down menu.

Edited by TerrorRage
Progress statement

I was all excited to talk about blueprints too :(

This might be helpful (not my link, all credit to Caldera guild): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-fch6RxjRdCYNGBfdbYzNtrnAaXcfXwjXiV4v_witAk/pubhtml#

While not the only one out there, Caldera seems to be a fairly common reference for crafting combines and has most of what you are looking to do in there already.  As I said, if it's not your style, there are others around, I just know I (and others) use this one as it is commonly available/common knowledge.

I would like to start discussing blueprints though :(

• TerrorRage changed the title to Crafting Build Layout

Thanks Jah for pointing that out, I have changed the title to avoid confusion.

Yes, Caldera's reference for crafting combines is a wonderful resource.

Sorry for getting everyone excited about blueprints.

Thanks for sharing your WIP--it sounds interesting.  Do you also intend to indicate which components are optional (i.e. Specialty Seals)?

I'm trying to get a sense of your project scope.  Do you intend to generate list  at the "ore, wood, stone..." level or will it generate a tailored list of specific items with benefit(s) (i.e. 6 tin, 3 copper for bronze rings = lifesteal bonus)?  

I am intending to do a pull down list based on the benefit (i.e. lifesteal, attack power, necromancy experimentation...) one is looking for, which then will auto fill the specific resources "Iron, Ashwood, Slate.." including if you need a specialty seal, as is the case with necromancy experimentation.

At the bottom a list of resources will be generated needed to make the item.  

I keep thinking about highlighting components that are optional or maybe highlight those that are mandatory.  I don't see Specialty Seals as optional if your goal is to improve Harvesting or Crafting stats.

whats the point of the two different tabs for leather and bars?  I'd just use the one that sorts by stat, and for the resource cells, color them like the other places so that it's easier to read at a glance and easy to find specific combinations if you want to look that way.

as for the main combine, why are there the lines that show what type of subcomponent is used?  are you planning to provide a way to pick the type and have the stats update or something?  I think the pertinent information is the resource requirements, base stat options provided on that specific combine and if you can experiment on sheen or not to increase inherited stats.

Legend Gaming

Kendogg - Member

1 hour ago, kendogg said:

whats the point of the two different tabs for leather and bars?  I'd just use the one that sorts by stat, and for the resource cells, color them like the other places so that it's easier to read at a glance and easy to find specific combinations if you want to look that way.

as for the main combine, why are there the lines that show what type of subcomponent is used?  are you planning to provide a way to pick the type and have the stats update or something?  I think the pertinent information is the resource requirements, base stat options provided on that specific combine and if you can experiment on sheen or not to increase inherited stats.

I get less error when I format the "Pull Down Menu' tabs differently, in the end those sheets will be hidden.

I like the idea of color coding all the resources so they are uniform across all sheets, had not thought that all the way through.

As for the base stats columns I am trying to figure out a way to make them clickable so the user can select what they have and get an idea of what they can end up with (As in Boot Strapping) and/or get an idea of what the total base stats for attributes  are (before experimentation)

On 3/17/2017 at 2:53 PM, TerrorRage said:

Thanks Jah for pointing that out, I have changed the title to avoid confusion.

Yes, Caldera's reference for crafting combines is a wonderful resource.

Sorry for getting everyone excited about blueprints.

Thanks TerrorRage, I don't believe Caldera's included the Harvesting/Crafting Seal combines with the various hides, rings, or metal layers...   if you don't want more plethera of dust it is important.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai