Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone made dedicated crafting armor?

I've made a white blacksmith outfit or 2. Average for the whites tend to be around.3-.5 Blacksmithing experimentation. Mind you i have been unable to roll an amazing on the final roll yet. Quality of the final piece boost the base bonus stat in addition to the additional pip slots. I do green iron, copper, and hides to boost it up a small amount. Always make the reinforced leather to get an additional bonus stat.

White amazing bars get .072
Green amazing get .1
For now,  I have a poorly rolled set of white blacksmithing experimentation giving me +3. My weapon has +1. But i imagine i can easily get it to .6 per piece of armor with some amazing green bars.

I can't make better than green atm. Not enough pips. Though it seems the base bonus stats on a bar differs from that on a metal sheet. Good on a green bar is .062, good on a green metal sheet it's .072. I'll have to wait a month or two for my blacksmithing alt to get enough pips for a purple.

I made a full set of white/grey basic experimentation armor. It gives me a little over 5 points with my experiment two handed sword as well. Quite disappointing actually. Especially since the hack potion gives 75 points.

But ahh well. It is made!

Do we know if the plan is to only have ultimately 1 recipe of each armor type?  I know avoiding recipe bloat is a great idea, but I'm semi-worried that with only 6 types of ore that the best combinations will get pretty quickly solved and there won't actually be all that much variety.  If we had say 3 different recipes of each type, that you could call a "fitting" or something so it could use the same art assets; that would give us 3 times the options on combinations, but more over it allows us to build the armor that fits the situation. 

Say one fitting has a recipe that is tall but narrow, where there are multiple combined but fewer types of materials in each combine, that allows for very focused experimentation on a few stats. 

Another fitting is shorter but wider, offering less combines but more differing types of materials in each combine, allowing for a wider spectrum of skills but less raw amounts in each.

Perhaps a third is more of a beater type, that uses more raw amounts of materials and offers less experimentation, but higher base stats such that it's good for when you have larger amounts of more common materials and perhaps are being starved from the higher end nodes or it is very early in the campaign and you haven't scouted out all best harvesting spots yet.

Legend Gaming

Kendogg - Member

Best combinations are always a reality. But best for what? Ambush style play. Group play, defending a node. Harvesting a node. Movement efficiency, stamina. Raw damage. Fire damage. Etc. 

Not to mention the randomness of the experiment system. It can take you a 100 combines to get a perfect piece. I just hope they go for a fully fleshed out system that can use all the different ideas. This system is getting there but needs a lot of work still.

I agree with Srathor. No matter what you do people will always seek out the "best". I do however like your idea Kendogg. That's an interesting concept and could work quite well with the game. You should add it to the suggestions.

Srathor i was gonna be so jealous before i remembered basic crafting is nearly 4x the points of The Professions.

I experimented with a purple bar or two today but ultimately forgot the changes to the pips. So i only had 5 to work with. I think you should start with the highest quality you have pips for when making Armor and weapons for stat. All my amazing white poor rolls have left me with the knowledge that we should go for the guaranteed Base Bonus stat off of weapon/armor components.  Save yourself some time unless you are scarce on resources and desperate for a boost to your crafting skills. Say early launch when are skills will be wiped and any boost will help.

Tonight I'm gonna try to get enough green amazing bars and blue iron to boost some base bonuses. See how they compare to the whites on the initial craft before experimentation.

9 hours ago, srathor said:

I made a full set of white/grey basic experimentation armor. It gives me a little over 5 points with my experiment two handed sword as well. Quite disappointing actually. Especially since the hack potion gives 75 points.

The high level crafting nodes in your skills tree only provide 10 skill points.

An extra five sounds like quite a lot...

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

Made a .97 Great Axe. Noticed that depending on the quality it got a bigger boost from a bar to a sub component. White was 5%, green 10% and Blue was 15%. Final assembly was green and got a 25% increase. These were before sheen. Next time I'll try to make an all blue Axe. Sadly i was missing the stitched leather and like .2 experimentation from those. So higher mats are definitely the way to go. Not only are they a higher base stat but they get higher increases as the change from a bar to a pommel or cross guard.

• 3 weeks later...

I made some RuneCrafting armor to test out the various Seal combinations in Plate, Leather and Mail.

It will take time to see is +RuneCrafting is better than + RuneCrafting Experimentation 

E40Oqir.png

Significant lift when using Blue versus white materials, but still hard to tell how much benefit +0.387 versus + 0.100 really is? 

Edited by anhrezcf

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

Experimentation boosts are really quite insignificant compared to the potions and skills. Potions give +75 to all crafting but basic. Most skill nodes are around 10 experimentation. That said my goal is to try and make an armor set equal to a skill node. But my blacksmith just got started. So at least 39 more days for my experimentation there to be done.

Also i always thought the Runemaking goes towards chance of successfully crafting a rune making item.

On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎04 at 10:31 PM, Baldking said:

Experimentation boosts are really quite insignificant compared to the potions and skills. Potions give +75 to all crafting but basic. Most skill nodes are around 10 experimentation. That said my goal is to try and make an armor set equal to a skill node. But my blacksmith just got started. So at least 39 more days for my experimentation there to be done.

Also i always thought the Runemaking goes towards chance of successfully crafting a rune making item.

Can you explain what you mean by skill most skill node are around 10?

I am 2 days shy of getting my Blacksmithing Craftmanship Mastery.

That being said I made a white quality blacksmithing experiment armor, with my blue blacksmithing experiment weapons I get +3 Experimentation. I have better materials but no leather to match the quality.

With the blueprints and factories, the standardised quality of the components and ease of crafting will be much better.

Edited by Xorlarrin

No, you're not suppose to have extra pieces once the armor is assembled.

Besides the final Blacksmith node that gives 20 experimentation, the other 3 nodes give you+10. Seeing as you have to finish nearly the whole tree, i just say the average is about 10 instead of 12.5. I also suppose that my view of it skewed by the fact we can get the +75 in a minute with potions and a node for +10 in a few days. But to truly craft a +10 armor set we'd have to be far into the tree and make a near perfect blue set i believe. The amount of time and resources just seem so much more than the 3 days to get a node. But you are right about how once you have factories and blueprints it'd be significantly easier. Imagine making a Blue quality bar with 6 white and 3 blue and getting the blueprint. As long as it didn't take more resources than it can craft it; you can pull ahead resource wise and still have the same Blue quality bars. That'd help significantly for just making perfect parts over and over. It still seems like a small return on invested time and resources though, but to be fair we don't know if the crafted stats will get a boost. So Perfect Blacksmith experimentation armor may end up equal to half your skill tree's bonus. . 

On 4/4/2017 at 6:01 PM, anhrezcf said:

It will take time to see is +RuneCrafting is better than + RuneCrafting Experimentation 

I agree with what Bald was saying: +RuneCrafting seems to only impact your % chance to assemble.  Once you've hit the Success! splash screen, it bears no weight on the rest of the crafting process (so far as I have been able to tell) - going up the Blacksmithing Techniques tree has not granted me any additional experimentation pips, and from the data I collected, it hasn't made a difference on my experimentation success.  

All of this is in line with what the individual skill nodes tell us in the description.

thanks for all the info

My thought on 'better than' was long term

If I have to train X or Y which gives me better long term? I we have the ability to have both on stats for gear but does one or the other give more long term value? should I push one instead of both?

Having a great amount of pips but failing on assemblies seems daunting 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

Cheesing with the potions will give a lot of info. Since the experimentation pip nerf I have had only 5 pips, but I have been training. I should get some pretty good info this weekend if I can stomach another weekend of gathering mats and sucking down god damned 12 minute potions.

All of my gear I made was in the basic trees as well. Not specialized towards blacksmithing or runemaking.  That way I get more jack of all trades overall.

My guess is that with a decent station you will gain the 99 or 100% assembly.

Keep in mind the parent skill tree also affects the child tree. I have trained all experiment skills in the crafting basics. 

For assembly, having the whole tree complete will give you an additional 25. I believe that I have close to a year of training before even thinking about starting that.

True end game in my opinion will be played on top quality experiment armors and weapons. 

Having blueprints and a standardised crafting will make this great. 

For ressources harvesting rank 7-8-9-10, they will give you alot of blue quality. I think purple and orange armor/weapon of great quality might be very rare.

Anyhow. I have 14 or 16 pips atm in blacksmithing. Trying to craft epic quality atm is a waste of material since I have more hole than pips on basic components like metal bars. Honestly due to lack of decent leather I have not played in about 2 weeks.

Edited by Xorlarrin

Does anyone know what an amazing result is on a purple blacksmith experimentation bar? 

I think whenever they bring back the leather I'll try and make some purple blacksmith armor. I just got to the point where I can fill the whole row on the purple. I have about half the purple I need to craft a weapon or a few pieces of armor. 

2 hours ago, Baldking said:

Does anyone know what an amazing result is on a purple blacksmith experimentation bar? 

I think whenever they bring back the leather I'll try and make some purple blacksmith armor. I just got to the point where I can fill the whole row on the purple. I have about half the purple I need to craft a weapon or a few pieces of armor. 

I have not done anything with puple yet. Just hoarding them until I can do something half decent. 

Also can anyone explain the 50% risk thing. I don't think I understand. I feel like an untrained crafter could pull better materials than an advance one. Can anyone explain?

The 50% thing is if you spend 50% of your experimentation points on a single combine then the bonus goes up for the points spend by 50% (Insert fake numbers here) Say you get an 8% per pip increase on an amazing experimentation roll. So each time you do a single pip experiment you increase the starting numbers by 8%. If you have 5 total pips and you do 60% (3 pips) on a single roll. You would normally after three 1 pip rolls have 24% increase. In this case with a single 3 pip roll and you get an amazing you would instead get 12% per pip spent for a 36% increase. 

However as you up the pips per roll the chance of amazing drops because the difficulty goes up. Not sure of the math there, but anecdotally it seems to bear out.

Make sense?