Sign in to follow this  
Kendogg

templar's leap stun ability (1 key)

Perhaps we could hold the 1 key down to leap and let it go to drop early? So it would be it a little easier to land?  I'm not the best PvPer but right now it feels like a miracle happened when I actually hit the ability.

What do you all think?  Would that make it too strong?

^ and it gets worse if terrain is not flat!

Also when the leap is "physical interrupted" in the way by opponent body, dont count as HIT, so dont STUN either!

This abilitie sure needs some tweak (templar's only gap close abilitie not working properly)...

Censure is too horizontal and the ending strike is too slow.  It should fast leap up, pause briefly, then a fast down whammy to your reticle.   You'll still miss occasionally, but you'll blame yourself.  Long horizontals and fixed down angles usually suck.

Making it hit won't make it OP.  Melee classes almost always have a leap, often with stun or knockback.  Knight's Pursuit is similar, and Champion lacks the stun but has more damage and can be done twice.   Does Knight's charge allow you to end it early, with a swing?  If not, they should fix that too. 

yes, being able to do a downward slash or something in midair would definitely help, I've overjumped my targets numerous times, even practicing on NPC's I still miss about half the time.

On 3/18/2017 at 9:53 PM, Tofyzer said:

^ and it gets worse if terrain is not flat!

Also when the leap is "physical interrupted" in the way by opponent body, dont count as HIT, so dont STUN either!

This abilitie sure needs some tweak (templar's only gap close abilitie not working properly)...

This happens with the druid bomb explosion too :|. 

Tip for aiming Censure (until a change is made by ACE): use the space between the top of the screen and your actual reticle to aim.

On 3/19/2017 at 0:37 PM, mrmoneda said:

Targeting the Templar Censure ability is... off. If I attempt to use my crosshair I am guaranteed to miss whomever I actually want to hit. In order to land Censure I have to use the space between my crosshair and the top of the screen, and then adjust based on how far away they are and whether we're on the same level of land. You can see in this video how much I have to tilt my camera in order to land this ability:

Thanks for the tips!

Though the problem is leap built to land after 20 meters where your characther is facing, no matter terrain differences, aiming recticle or hits/physical interruptions on the way...

Something is definately quirky about it.

The damage/effect of it effect the target while the Templar is MID air, and the target is stunned before the Templar lands. 

While i was practicing duelling today, I was using the Censure leap a lot -> Against a champion with double jump ability its really hard to keep up without keeping this ready. Otherwise when they get low trying to land the last hits is a real pain.

However, I was having more success (probably lag partially as well) aiming to the side of where I wanted to go before spamming "1", she seemed to leap past them but slash them on the way and caused damage although I was already way past them on the other side.

There was a recording of the match, so ill link it here when it gets uploaded, to see what really happened.

EDIT: the match didnt get uploaded... or at least not yet.

Edited by LordBinz

Censure definitely misses a lot. It's incredibly inaccurate and since Templar relies on it a good bit to close the gap and stun...I really hope they look at it.

I suggest we just make it a small damage rectical to place on the floor. Like the Rangers Arrow Shower but insted you leap and if the enemy is in the circle and you land on them, they are stunned and take damage.

Edited by Rombot

On 6/6/2017 at 3:12 PM, Rombot said:

I suggest we just make it a small damage rectical to place on the floor. Like the Rangers Arrow Shower but insted you leap and if the enemy is in the circle and you land on them, they are stunned and take damage.

sure would prefer that over my 180 quick scoping every time I jump through someone

Posted (edited)

Make it target reticl just like archer arrows.... can’t miss that way... 

edit:  meaning, how an arrow flies and hits whatever crosses it’s path first

Edited by Xpade