Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crowfall Top 5 Clips

SirGeorge

While all of those clips are Sugoi, I'm not sure you should use the Sugoi intro if you are wanting something that a lot of people submit to.

Just seemed odd for something that appears to want to be something more widespread than Sugoi clips. If it is just intended to be a top 5 Sugoi clips of the week, ignore that thought.

Assuming it is intended to be more widespread in your clip selection, how are you planning to get/how are you getting submissions for this?

C4sIZDW.gif

I understand it first as some kind of regular context of video victorina

but then I noticed all videos from one day (or 2 days) from the same tag... I like GvG videos as history letters of a battle but those (mostly boring) videos do not countet as "top"

top = some tips/tricks, decent effects, humor with CF or nice bugs, at least some guides

ps. and quality... guyz learn it. you can get from youtube almost source video. 720p? in 2017?

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550

So lets answer a few things :D

2 hours ago, Phylor the Jester said:

While all of those clips are Sugoi, I'm not sure you should use the Sugoi intro if you are wanting something that a lot of people submit to.

Just seemed odd for something that appears to want to be something more widespread than Sugoi clips. If it is just intended to be a top 5 Sugoi clips of the week, ignore that thought.

Assuming it is intended to be more widespread in your clip selection, how are you planning to get/how are you getting submissions for this?

That intro was used because all the clips came exclusively from Sugoi. And thats the only reason.  If I receive clips from multiple groups (which I whole heartily hope for) I will use a personalized intro that resembles the Thumbnail for the video. That said how I plan to get and receive submissions is a bit hard without breaking the advertising rule. That said at the end of each video I tell you how you can send in your clips :D To my knowledge I can take almost any format out there. 

1 hour ago, makkon said:

I understand it first as some kind of regular context of video victorina

but then I noticed all videos from one day (or 2 days) from the same tag... I like GvG videos as history letters of a battle but those (mostly boring) videos do not countet as "top"

top = some tips/tricks, decent effects, humor with CF or nice bugs, at least some guides

ps. and quality... guyz learn it. you can get from youtube almost source video. 720p? in 2017?

The clips sent in for this particular week were of miscellaneous fights most of 1v1s and 1v2s.  The #1 clip was the best Group video. As for how I grade, I mainly go for the 3 faces of interests.  1) Ooo thats a weird/interesting bug, such as floating to and beyond the skybox.  2) Oh that was a decent fight, someone defeats superior odds.  3)Oh that was very much a table turning play.    and the secret 4) That was from this week / People can see what is happening :D.

As for quality. I render these videos at a 100k / 1080p bit rate. or roughly 1gb per min. It is actually impossible for my editing software to exceed this. Clips that were fuzzy was due to the quality of the clip sent in.

That said I would Like to get some bigger group videos such as GvG or say 10v10 clips. That Said these tend to be long and I would have to limit them to a highlight reel or make it a Top GvG Clip of the week(One fight). Otherwise upload times would take multiple days to complete. 

Edited by SirGeorge

17 minutes ago, SirGeorge said:

The clips sent in for this particular week were of miscellaneous fights most of 1v1s and 1v2s.  The #1 clip was the best Group video. As for how I grade, I mainly go for the 3 faces of interests.  1) Ooo thats a weird/interesting bug, such as floating to and beyond the skybox.  2) Oh that was a decent fight, someone defeats superior odds.  3)Oh that was very much a table turning play.    and the secret 4) That was from this week / People can see what is happening :D.

As for quality. I render these videos at a 100k / 1080p bit rate. or roughly 1gb per min. It is actually impossible for my editing software to exceed this. Clips that were fuzzy was due to the quality of the clip sent in.

That said I would Like to get some bigger group videos such as GvG or say 10v10 clips. That Said these tend to be long and I would have to limit them to a highlight reel or make it a Top GvG Clip of the week(One fight). Otherwise upload times would take multiple days to complete. 

just an outside criticism.

I didn't monitoring last weeks CF videos, so do not know trends and who are uploading clips and what quality and content kind they had. but again, if this topic for top5 sugoi video slicing - rename topic name else ppl misunderstood it.

as for video software, I would like to recommend adobe premiere pro. most parts working from box, alot of presets to scale, fit etc + https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en requirements

CF background have alot of grass and dynamic color so even 1080@60fps are terrible actually. 720@32 - not even worth to upload. random pixels

ps. I approve such undertakings, they are populize project, but quality and content requirement should be better

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550

video with the horse was hard to watch, camera felt like it was all over the place.

I don't want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge. I want to play a GAME against PLAYERS, where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose. Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE. Even if i lose, the experience won't feel hollow. I don't want another worthless trophy.

PLAY TO CRUSH

30 minutes ago, SirGeorge said:

That said how I plan to get and receive submissions is a bit hard without breaking the advertising rule.

I doubt you would run afoul of the rules against advertising if all you are doing is asking for video submissions. ACE likes it when people make and share videos of their game.

IhhQKY6.gif

29 minutes ago, makkon said:

as for video software, I would like to recommend adobe premiere pro. most parts working from box, alot of presets to scale, fit etc + https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en requirements

Thank you for the recommendation :D but where I spent a decent amount of coin on Vegas Pro 14. well I'll stick to it :P 

17 minutes ago, Jah said:

I doubt you would run afoul of the rules against advertising if all you are doing is asking for video submissions. ACE likes it when people make and share videos of their game.

currently asking if it is. Better safe then sorry. :) 

3 hours ago, yoink said:

its just week 1 guys, pull back the fangs. jeeze.

Definitely wasn't intended to be aggressive from me. I just was left confused as to what the purpose was when watching it. I have nothing against what he did but it just seemed to be different than what I read.

I'm all for top plays videos. I love watching them for Dota and I assume they could be a lot of fun with Crowfall as well.

C4sIZDW.gif

16 minutes ago, Phylor the Jester said:

Definitely wasn't intended to be aggressive from me. I just was left confused as to what the purpose was when watching it. I have nothing against what he did but it just seemed to be different than what I read.

I'm all for top plays videos. I love watching them for Dota and I assume they could be a lot of fun with Crowfall as well.

nah, I'm mostly at fault for the way it was edited :P