Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Leiloni

Anyone hear about Rend?

It's like Crowfall meets small survival game with a touch more PvE - 20v20v20 right now but devs have said on Discord they'd like to scale that up. But still small survival game servers most likely. Devs expect servers to last a few weeks on average.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/547860/

Edited by Leiloni

Def gonna be checking this one out, seems really fun, I feel survival games are going to go more towards factions and larger groups overall, even with Conan Exiles it's a similar story. So games like Crowfall or even CU could lose players to games like these in the near future. These sorts of games allow for larger scale pvp and raids and all the destruction you want while still having gear be very much attainable and generally they are still pretty darn hardcore.

Edited by krevra

krevra.png

Crowfall isnt anything close to being good yet, they wasted lots of time.
Star Citizen will take years until its ready for release.
Rend will most probably be ready for release earlier than Crowfall, because development of Crowfall is a complete mess.

If you want something good in the MMO sphere close to being done, take a look at Boundless.

Another one could be Project W. But this takes more time.

Most Wanted:
1. Star Citizen
2. Crowfall -- Beta - Q1 2017
3. Boundless -- Late 2016
4. Destiny 2
5. Chronicles of Elyria -- EA - Q1 2017
6. Project W
7. Edengrad -- EA - 4. Apr. 2017
8. GTA 6
9. Borderlands 3 (probably a bad game)
10. Ember - A Spiritual Successor to Firefall
11. Rend -- EA - Spring 2017
12. Lost Ark
13. Skysaga Infinite Isles
14. Bless Online
15. Dual Universe -- EA - Q1 2017
16. Gigantic
17. New World
18. Dark and Light (Savage Horizon) - by Snail Games -- Beta - Late 2016
19. Voyage Century 2 - by Snail Games
20. Escape from Tarkov -- Beta - Q1 2017

EverQuest Next, I will always hope!

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

34 minutes ago, krevra said:

Who knows maybe survival games will evolve into the next big thing for hardcore pvp and RvR games.

Survival games are already a big thing, maybe already declining.

They only got so big, because all the bad MMO developers werent able to deliver what people expected. Survival games are only big, because MMO didnt let people do what they wanted.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

another survival game? no thx... especially with fractions

what next? new survival mmorpg pve only?

I think there are enough "sandbox" survival projects with 100 ppl on server

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

7 hours ago, makkon said:

another survival game? no thx... especially with fractions

what next? new survival mmorpg pve only?

I think there are enough "sandbox" survival projects with 100 ppl on server

Pretty much nailed it, at least for me.

This game looks interesting. I do think Crowfall should take a look at why survival games are so popular. There is something satisfying about being able to focus on playing the game in the now rather than spending hours preparing and waiting for that theoretical time in the future when you will be "ready."  I do think some survival games swing too far in the instant gratification direction of the continuum for me personally, but I also worry that Crowfall is going way too far in the opposite direction. 

Sounds/looks good for the little announced. Like that it is somewhat in the same area as CF which too takes inspiration from various games/genres. Hopefully as far a long as it seems by the time it hits EA, not just another flashy trailer. Could be an answer for those that liked what CF is going for but looking for more PVE and other features. Player controlled servers especially sound good as I know some want EKs to function like mini-CW in ways.

11 hours ago, Mytherceria said:

This game looks interesting. I do think Crowfall should take a look at why survival games are so popular. There is something satisfying about being able to focus on playing the game in the now rather than spending hours preparing and waiting for that theoretical time in the future when you will be "ready."  I do think some survival games swing too far in the instant gratification direction of the continuum for me personally, but I also worry that Crowfall is going way too far in the opposite direction. 

I definitely think this is valid. One of the good things about Crowfall and their system, which to be honest they have done a bad job of marketing, is the concept of trying out different rulesets. They have mentioned this a few times, and the idea of a Campaign World which is more of a survival game-type situation is entirely plausible, even one which lacks the reset mechanic...there is definitely a spectrum here they could, and probably should, explore.