Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Unity update - Official discussion thread

@PannSee, this announcement would have been much more exciting with a colored Assassin model :P

P.S., didn't you guys update to Unity 5 like 2 years ago during 1.1? I feel like there was a news post about updating the engine...

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

14 minutes ago, Daddie said:

Pann.. this aint an EK announcement.. you lied to me :(

I'd rather have this as news than anything about the EK.

2 hours ago, durenthal said:

5.5 has some very shiny changes.  What version are you upgrading from?

5.3.6 is the previous version we were on. So getting about 9 months of development from Unity. Not all of the changes are applicable to us but a good chunk of them are.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Does this mean you will update to 5.6 later as well? How often do you plan to update the engine? I'm not complaining here so you know. I think keeping up with the versions is essential.

With Unity supporting Vulkan as well, do you consider supporting it? And will this increase the chance we'll see a Linux version at some point? If Crowfall gets a Linux client I will kiss Windows goodbye and never return to this piece of *poorly made socks*ware.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Great stuff, as working on IT too, i can imagine how stressfull it could become when upgrading stuff, even more at your level ! Hope everything will go well on your side team and will enjoy breaking the new stuff on the next round :lol:

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

" If the update proceeds without issue, we will or run a snap test ".... so you're saying there's a chance..  :D

Sounds great though, I'm sure we're all waiting on bated breath!

5 hours ago, thomasblair said:

5.3.6 is the previous version we were on. So getting about 9 months of development from Unity. Not all of the changes are applicable to us but a good chunk of them are.

Given that 5.6 has massive improvements to NPC pathing, an area that needs some serious work in crowfall, when can we expect the next update?

1 hour ago, canvox said:

Given that 5.6 has massive improvements to NPC pathing, an area that needs some serious work in crowfall, when can we expect the next update?

They'll probably wait until 5.7 before updating to 5.6. I remember Gordon saying something about waiting for the major bugs to be fixed before updating. That might've been when 5.5 hit beta, and someone asked about updating the engine 

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

34 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Any update on the Unity upgrade and how it went and if any play test or snap test?

Yes, please keep us posted :D