Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The kaisen of Crowfall - Official discussion thread

Pann

Reflecting on the journey so far, I see a lot of great work into building classes, combat, and multiplayer architecture.  Nice work!

That said, I notice that one of the original pieces of hype seems to be absent in most of our recent discussions:

Compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE.

I'd love to see some visible progress on politics in CWs - even just a hint of the current direction.  This is a big part of what got me hooked on the Crowfall idea.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

Wow, it is a big honor for us to be mentioned in here! A huge thanks to our editor @bluemotion who is responsible for this awesome timeline :)

Edited by CFC_Shiro

Banner-250x50.png

German Community Fansitehttp://www.crowfall-community.de/ - News | Forum | Patchnotes | Guild Hosting | Guides | Database

7 minutes ago, Nazdar said:

Reflecting on the journey so far, I see a lot of great work into building classes, combat, and multiplayer architecture.  Nice work!

That said, I notice that one of the original pieces of hype seems to be absent in most of our recent discussions:

I'd love to see some visible progress on politics in CWs - even just a hint of the current direction.  This is a big part of what got me hooked on the Crowfall idea.

I'm curious... what exactly are you looking for? "Politics" aren't written into the rules of the game. There are no "politics" mechanics or something.

The politics arise from the players fighting in the campaigns. Guild interactions (who is fighting who, alliances being made, alliances being broken, sieging an enemy's city, etc) are the primary form of this. And there are no game rules for that. It's just players interacting with each other.

Edited by Svenn

Guild Leader of Seeds of War

21 minutes ago, Nazdar said:

The politics are player-created, and won't truly emerge until there is a full gameplay loop and stuff to fight over. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

18 minutes ago, Svenn said:

"Politics" aren't written into the rules of the game. There are no "politics" mechanics or something.  It's just players interacting with each other.

I disagree.  People play the politics game within the framework of available mechanics.  Things I'd love to know more about include:

• How will guilds be managed?  (oligarchic? democratic? monarchic?)
  • How will land ownership in campaigns be managed?  Can all land be owned and built upon?  Only designated parcels/plots?
  • How will alliance mechanics work?
    • Do alliances affect friendly fire?
    • Will there be any politics in a order/balance/chaos scenario?

Answers to how these (and other) basic game mechanics work will provide the foundation upon which the entire political system will rest.  There will be a system, and the details will impact how politics can be played.  We can extrapolate based on some of the recent news about EKs, but it would be nice to hear the current vision for CWs.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

Just now, Nazdar said:

I disagree.  People play the politics game within the framework of available mechanics.  Things I'd love to know more about include:

• How will guilds be managed?  (oligarchic? democratic? monarchic?)
  • How will land ownership in campaigns be managed?  Can all land be owned and built upon?  Only designated parcels/plots?
  • How will alliance mechanics work?
    • Do alliances affect friendly fire?
    • Will there be any politics in a order/balance/chaos scenario?

Answers to how these (and other) basic game mechanics work will provide the foundation upon which the entire political system will rest.  There will be a system, and the details will impact how politics can be played.  We can extrapolate based on some of the recent news about EKs, but it would be nice to hear the current vision for CWs.

You are correct. People do play politics within the available mechanics. But those mechanics are just a set of rules and tools, not actual politics or political mechanics.

That being said. I would love to know the answers to some of these things. I imagine that guilds would be just like in almost every other game ever (except Asheron's Call)... a guild leader, a number of officers, and members. Maybe they'll get more detailed with custom ranks and stuff. Hard to imagine them doing something different there.

As for land ownership and alliances... I'd love to have some answers to this too. However, I imagine they don't fully know yet and a lot of that will be based on campaign rules.

Guild Leader of Seeds of War

4 minutes ago, cemya said:

Who else, when they saw "Kaizen" in the topic title, immediately had this mental picture?

138a9461-10f3-4d8e-b37f-51812ddb1a5a_zps

Kind of looks like a hellcat.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

5 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Kind of looks like a hellcat.

Not a Hellcat!  Nerd points redeemable in the Crowfall Gift Shop for the first one to give his true name.