Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

MoC: Dave Greco - Official discussion thread

Thanks everyone for taking a look! I get pretty nervous sitting there and talking about everything! Gibson did a great job on this one. If anyone ever has any questions, feel free to ask! :)

Dave Greco

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct] [Personal Portfolio]

Goldeneye tournaments everyday after school.

OMG memphis bleek it's like that.

I have nothing against people in the industry just doing a job, but it's always nice to see people developing a game you like having some real gaming history behind them as well.  It just makes you feel like it is more likely that they want the game to actually be good from a player's POV.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

13 minutes ago, davegreco said:

Thanks everyone for taking a look! I get pretty nervous sitting there and talking about everything! Gibson did a great job on this one. If anyone ever has any questions, feel free to ask! :)

I'm still watching the video but do you have an any art portfolios or previous work (non-crowfall stuff) to share?

Official Moderator of the Unofficial Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

1 hour ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

I have nothing against people in the industry just doing a job, but it's always nice to see people developing a game you like having some real gaming history behind them as well.  It just makes you feel like it is more likely that they want the game to actually be good from a player's POV.

Yea it is pretty crazy how many people work in the games industry that don't actually play games. Glad to see that ACE has some ex turbo-nerds like Blair on their team who have actually played games and been good at them.

Yup the game's art is great at bringing across the spirit of what you guys are going for.

And has also translated well into the actual game too, obviously also important!

Ah the daunting game of looking at life's 'butterfly effect' moments... :P 

(my own example: four people including myself literally wouldn't exist if my grandmother hadn't fallen off a bicycle once)

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Just now, durenthal said:

@davegreco I have one of your pieces framed (blonde conjuring 3 ships), but I can't remember where I bought it.  Do you have prints of more of your art available for sale?

I used to sell prints on a store attached to my site.. but no longer sell any. It got hard because the only work I could sell was personal work, and never client work for obvious reasons. And lately is all client based work :/.

if that does change I will be sure to let you know!

Dave Greco

Fantastic video guys! Although I have to admit I had to pause the SB screenshot to try and figure out what siege that was and on what server. Any additional background information about Dave's playing of Shadowbane while in college would be greatly appreciated!

2 minutes ago, Gradishar said:

Fantastic video guys! Although I have to admit I had to pause the SB screenshot to try and figure out what siege that was and on what server. Any additional background information about Dave's playing of Shadowbane while in college would be greatly appreciated!

I think that footage was pretty stock footage of shadowbane that Gibson had grabbed. The rest of the games I logged into to get real footage of.

I was a pretty bad shadowbane player myself. I mostly remember re-rolling like 15 times since I kept wanting to try new classes. I didn't even get into siege stuff. I played during a small break in eq and jumped back into eq shortly after anyways.

Dave Greco

1 hour ago, davegreco said:

I used to sell prints on a store attached to my site.. but no longer sell any. It got hard because the only work I could sell was personal work, and never client work for obvious reasons. And lately is all client based work :/.

if that does change I will be sure to let you know!

I'm so one of the lucky one to have one of your art :wub:

Great video and presentation of yours, loved it.

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

Your childhood reminded me a lot of mine - Ninja Turtles and Nintendo. Surely you had the Ninja Turtle video games, right? I liked the NES game but my all time favorite was the Turtles in Time Arcade game (which was also on SNES). 

I'd like to know more about your job responsibilities:

Do you do 3d rendering or just initial concepts? Are you able to tell other people who work off your art that they haven't got things like the lighting or such right? What about other things that aren't shown visually in a still picture like how a person's gait is who you drew or the diet of the creatures you draw? Does somebody first tell you that kind of stuff or are some of the archetypes and such someone else's design?

Edited by Holyvigil