Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Millz

CC diminishing returns @developers

Hello developers. 

I was wondering if you're going to implement a diminishing returns for crowd control? I was watching a video on a class I wanted to go when the game goes live and I went scoruing for some pvp videos on the templar class and i came across this video. 

Now I love PvP alot but I like fair pvp and after watching this video chain Crowd crontrol is not something that's fun to receive. The combo is ok but what I didnt think was fair was the multiple CC of the same skill used on 1 player trapping him in a continuous stun. That is not fun at all. So my question is. Is there going to be diminishing returns for crowd control in Crowfall?

thanks.

Millz

Also I would like to add that the templars right click block needs a cooldown on the knockdown. Since in this video he just blocks and keeps knocking down the opponent's. Hence why he can 1v5 them. 

1 minute ago, coolster50 said:

There are plans for it, and it should be already be in-game, but it doesn't help really. It lasts too short and cc bursts happen too quickly.

To me after playing so many mmos I think Warhammer online had the best cc control. If you get knocked down you would be immune to any knockdowns for a few seconds.  Same result with the other CCs such as snare, stun, blind, knock back etc. I think maybe we need a 5 or 6 second cc immunity when you get hit by the current cc and then you would be immune to that type of CC for a few seconds.  To me that was the best hard cc counter. 

I'd also like to see an updated immunity system. Just remember that you have your retaliate and your ultimate (long CDs) which can both break you out of CC. Further, some combat skills will reduce the effectiveness of CC applied to you.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

Just give hard cc immunity for 2-3 seconds after you use retaliate, that should solve that, it still makes you want to think if its worth at that moment if you wanna break stun or just take it but when you use it at least it counts for something for a few sec. Diminishing returns won't solve a damn thing you will still get cc'd and explode

krevra.png

Crowfall needs aggressive DR and once you hit an immunity it needs to last for more than a few seconds.  CC should be something that needs to be timed very well and at very critical moments.  Not something spammed constantly hroughout a small scale fight. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I agree that we need some CC diminishing returns. But tbh, the problem in my eyes is that CC durations are freaking crazy long at the moment. I mean...you have knockdowns that are lasting for 6-8 seconds, stuns lasting 3-4 seconds, etc. In a PvP game those durations are just so incredibly long and is by far my least favorite part about combat in CF right now. I think if we reduced the CC durations things would feel a lot better, but I still agree that diminishing returns are a necessary part of combat. 

Just a few examples of CC locking targets and being able to 100-0 them during that lock (I'm pretty sure these are the duration values, though idk what the current DR is set at or if it's just "get hit by 3 stuns and then you're CC immune". So it could easily be longer than I'm putting here):

Duelist: If someone is not paying attention and gets hit by barrel knockdown (6 seconds) + pepperbox stun (4 seconds) + pepperbox stun (3 seconds) + pepperbox stun (2 seconds) = 15 seconds of lockdown

Templar: Parry knockdown (6 seconds) + 2 combo knockdown (4-5 seconds) + leap stun (2 seconds) = 12-13 seconds of lockdown

Myrm: Net (8 seconds) + 3 combo stun (3-4 seconds) + C power knockdown (6-7 seconds) + net (8 seconds) = 27-29 seconds of lockdown

Then you put all of these classes in a group together and you can basically perma-CC entire groups of people if you have the coordination and get a good opener CC on a condensed group of enemies. Duelist alone can lockup 4 people for the entire duration of his CC combos. Especially since with increased stun duration, it makes your stun long enough to hit enemies with an offensive barrel explosion. 

Anyways, done with this post, point is...CC durations need to be shortened for sure. And I agree that we definitely need some DR on CC effects