Tier5 cats and Boars on Sanctuary

So, I know that sanctuary isn't supposed to have high quality materials, but

1. We desperately need "real" leather
  2. The PVP world is still too slow to deploy decent numbers of pathers
  3. Sanctuary is deathly boring

Why not put some T5 mobs on Sanctuary?

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

1.) yes we need real leather. In PVP worlds that is.

2.) What do you mean with the PVP world is slow to deploy decent numbers of pathers? ( I have no idea what this means)

3.) If they have t5 animals then they will be deployed to the PVP zones.

Reson is as you stated, Sanctuary is meant to be safe but with crappy ressources. If you want good res go in the CWs.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us now!

1 hour ago, Xenotor said:

1.) yes we need real leather. In PVP worlds that is.

2.) What do you mean with the PVP world is slow to deploy decent numbers of pathers? ( I have no idea what this means)

3.) If they have t5 animals then they will be deployed to the PVP zones.

Reson is as you stated, Sanctuary is meant to be safe but with crappy ressources. If you want good res go in the CWs.

Let's try this again

Boars, cats, and NPCs seem to be very extremely CPU intensive.  As such, they had to remove them from the PVP worlds.

There aren't any more NPC camps.

There aren't any more cats.

Boar spawn is reduced to one per node and the frequency SUCKS.

These changes HAD to be made because PVP requires a responsive system.

In a perfect world, this could be fixed quickly.  Until then, we need a good source for large amounts of leather.  In turn, this means placing decent numbers of boards and cats on PVE worlds.

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

No if the beasts are causing that many problems, then go back to the leather in chests ideas. Or go to a interact with spawner element idea. F the spawner (Poke the lair with a stick) and a wild boar appears to defend its lair. No real pathing needed. Aggro on the F er. 

Monsters just wondering with no rhyme nor reason is an artifact of trying to make a game world seem more real. But ended up being camps of spawns doing nothing. We had better AI with Everquest years back. 

Another idea, Place a bear spawner on a cliff face. Interact with the spawner. Get a message that the bear is not in, come back later, or check near the watering hole. Spawn bear at watering hole. Or get a message look behind you. Hi Mr bear Oh god not the face!

Or get a different message and a small family of mama bear and her three cubs appears, then daddy bear show up once she dies. No pathing needed, spawn a few different encounters. Have it make lots of noise overland to interest pvpers nearby. 

Hell if the pathing is being an issue Have spawns of a dead body appear on the ground instead of a tree after it is harvested. Vary stuff up a little bit. After the dead boar body is skinned have a couple hungercats show up aggroed to the skinner. He just took their lunch. 

Much much easier than trying to get ai to track through a variable world. If a cave gets interacted with too many times in a certain time period then you can just send back the message this cave is empty, the smell of people has driven off the creatures. (respawn timer of say 10 minutes, to force others to go elsewhere) hell give a perception check to see tracks to another spawner that spawns nearby because this one is now empty. (Like say another PoI the watering hole, or another poi the giant bear cave mark 2 electric boogaloo.)

Zombie camps with a bunch of zombies waiting around taking up processor cycles is a nono as well. Those suckers don't much like light. Despawn with a burrow animation if not aggroed in 2 minutes. Respawn with player interaction with a loot chest, sometimes have loot, sometimes spawn 1-5 zombies spawn with animation crawling up out of ground. Or when people move around inside the camp. Spawn random number depending on how many people are in the radius. 

For the boars if you have working paths. Some spawn looking for food. (path to nearest watering hole wait 2 minutes path back. despawn with animation pushing into the thicket. Some spawn looking for fun. Spawn nearby and travel to neighbor thicket. Spawn female. F ing animation. Path back to proper thicket despawn. Having mobs just wander around is an mmo idea to make the world feel more populated. These are supposed to be dying worlds. Stuff doesn't hang around milling about when zombies walk the earth.

There are cats on the PvP worlds actually, but yes, they are few and far between. I think a solution would be to retain the low number of mob spawns on the PvP worlds, preserving performance, but increasing both the amount of hide they produce would skinned and it's quality. This would accomplish to things at once - addressing the leather supply issue and manifesting a quasi-POI. Something to fight over would be a good thing I think.

2 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

There are cats on the PvP worlds actually, but yes, they are few and far between. I think a solution would be to retain the low number of mob spawns on the PvP worlds, preserving performance, but increasing both the amount of hide they produce would skinned and it's quality. This would accomplish to things at once - addressing the leather supply issue and manifesting a quasi-POI. Something to fight over would be a good thing I think.

EDIT: For some reason it will not let me edit the errors in my original post. Corrections in bold for clarification:

There are cats on the PvP worlds actually, but yes, they are few and far between. I think a solution would be to retain the low number of mob spawns on the PvP worlds, preserving performance, but increase both the amount of hide they produce when skinned and it's quality. This would accomplish two things at once - addressing the leather supply issue and manifesting a quasi-POI. Something to fight over would be a good thing I think.