Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Giant - Official discussion thread

2 hours ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

It looks amazing.  I personally feel it might have a little too much going on all at once, but that's just personal preference, it still looks amazing though.

Too much going on...I have a similar opinion.

I don't find the giant that threatening with his [Club Arm].  It looks like he can't bend 3 of his 4 limbs.  Does the ground shake hard as he violently waddles towards you like a penguin with his one arm flailing around to keep balance?

I like the size of the penguin treant.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

I thought about the size. Houses are oversized to make them feel right inside. Thats a problem when it comes to 'giant' sizes. If i got it right, ingame he would look like that .

g4FKxSz.jpg

I wouldn't really call him a giant.

I think a size like this would feel much more gigantic.

08OLvFN.jpg

If he had the ability to crush houses and the AI to do so if his target hides inside, it would just be mindblowing.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

2 hours ago, Supreeme said:

We can never trust you again :(

Now you have to login on Crowfall, find, kill and loot Pann... get revenge!! 

29 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

I thought about the size. Houses are oversized to make them feel right inside. Thats a problem when it comes to 'giant' sizes. If i got it right, ingame he would look like that .

g4FKxSz.jpg

I wouldn't really call him a giant.

I think a size like this would feel much more gigantic.

08OLvFN.jpg

If he had the ability to crush houses and the AI to do so if his target hides inside, it would just be mindblowing.

I don't believe the knight is that short compared to the house 

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

I really like the artwork, but I'm disappointed by the flavor text. I'd expect bestiary entries to add a little something to the lore and history of the world, like the Wyvern entry did. But this one just describes someone meeting a giant, of whom we know nothing about. 

1 minute ago, coolster50 said:

I don't believe the knight is that short compared to the house 

That's what i'm talking about - dimensions and how they feel like ingame. Because: he is.

Same silhouette, different places:

IjmaGJW.jpg

In terms of depth, the original shadow on the left side is standing between the lego and the myrm. So the same shadow should look bigger than correct, when next to the lego (and compared with him) and smaller when next to the myrm. Thats the case. The size is surely not perfect, but it should be pretty close.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

While I am not a fan of PvE, I hope these guys can wreck a single player making these guys have good materials drops and thus a mobile POI is great.   Make them hard enough like a mother node mob so that anyone attempting a takedown is also vulnerable to getting wrecked by enemies... this could be fun.  If they go down too fast and easy it could be over before opposing groups arrive.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Nice.

I remember my first experience with a Warath in AC2.  Right off the Whitebay lifestone.  His approach sounded much like the beginning  of the story Pann presented to us. 

Warath in AC2 . . . pre-nerf . . . were iconic.

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin

5 minutes ago, Frykka said:

While I am not a fan of PvE, I hope these guys can wreck a single player making these guys have good materials drops and thus a mobile POI is great.   Make them hard enough like a mother node mob so that anyone attempting a takedown is also vulnerable to getting wrecked by enemies... this could be fun.  If they go down too fast and easy it could be over before opposing groups arrive.

I recalling reading about an insanely powerful giant in Dark Age or Camelot that was only brought down by a huge multi guild attack that spanned all three factions. So yeah, make them tough, maybe even capable of seige damage so players have to worry about fortifying a terrible spot they need to keep from players and random encounters.

As for materials, those glowy look Tattoos make me think they'll have some king of runecrafting or may alchemical resource on them.

13 minutes ago, Vonpenguin said:

As for materials, those glowy look Tattoos make me think they'll have some king of runecrafting or may alchemical resource on them.

Those runic symbols are the language that the denizens in CF read. They dropped some info on it last year, but haven't really teased us with much more since then.

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

28 minutes ago, Vonpenguin said:

We know Mobs have different variants, The risen have "scouts" and "soldiers" and the helcat chargers and muskboar berserkers, maybe there's a larger type of giant that might pop up on certain worlds?

If there is a variant, it needs one eye poking out it's forehead

For me this giant feels like a huge mash-up. Like 5 different people just added whatever came to mind.

To be fair the the hunger variant doesnt seem too bad since it looks like a ice giant (okay). The original one is too much. Is it a tree? Or is it human-like? If so why does he have horns? And finally... whats up with that beard?

PS: I agree that we should double their size. A Shadow of Colossus scale would be okay too...