Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Giant - Official discussion thread

16 hours ago, Kraahk said:

That's what i'm talking about - dimensions and how they feel like ingame. Because: he is.

Same silhouette, different places:

IjmaGJW.jpg

In terms of depth, the original shadow on the left side is standing between the lego and the myrm. So the same shadow should look bigger than correct, when next to the lego (and compared with him) and smaller when next to the myrm. Thats the case. The size is surely not perfect, but it should be pretty close.

They added shadow people AND giants to the game? Just keeps getting better and better. 

CfWBSig.png

51 minutes ago, Vectious said:

They added shadow people AND giants to the game? Just keeps getting better and better. 

Yep. I know, they said i shouldn't tell anybody, but i can't help it. Those shadow people are the assassins. They use their wings to create a sword & shield silhouette, so people passing by in some distance think the guard is still on his post. Unbelievable, isn't it? Can't wait to see it in game, too.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

40 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

Yep. I know, they said i shouldn't tell anybody, but i can't help it. Those shadow people are the assassins. They use their wings to create a sword & shield silhouette, so people passing by in some distance think the guard is still on his post. Unbelievable, isn't it? Can't wait to see it in game, too.

That actually would be a legit skill. To at long distance draw as a different archetype. 

CfWBSig.png

23 hours ago, Rikutatis said:

I really like the artwork, but I'm disappointed by the flavor text. I'd expect bestiary entries to add a little something to the lore and history of the world, like the Wyvern entry did. But this one just describes someone meeting a giant, of whom we know nothing about. 

This comment has been eating at me, because I totally agree with it.

The giant is one-dimensional.  It's a typical B-grade tabletop description, "Ooh, he's big and scary!  He knocks over trees!  He wants to fight you!"  It's totally generic.  It lacks characterization.  It literally doesn't connect to Crowfall lore in any way.  After the quality lore attached to other mobs, this was disappointing.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

9 hours ago, Vectious said:

That actually would be a legit skill. To at long distance draw as a different archetype. 

Would be a cool skill to draw as a different AT up close.

Edited by CPU13rother
typo

Don't play with yourself behind your keyboard. PVP!

7 minutes ago, CPU13rother said:

Would be a cool skill to draw as a different AT up close.

A hamster teamwork skill with other hamsters. Ultimate Disguise !

Two of them could do a knight.

Three of them could do a Myrm.

Four of them or a Lego. 

CfWBSig.png

On 3/29/2017 at 8:23 PM, Vectious said:

A hamster teamwork skill with other hamsters. Ultimate Disguise !

Two of them could do a knight.

Three of them could do a Myrm.

Four of them or a Lego. 

Would they need to craft a long coat first?

This giant is quite a complex addition to the cast; so he's a Treant, rock, minotaur, rune crafter, pirate, shield collector type of giant. intriguing.

Also I agree with the other posters the real giants of this world are the houses.

Edited by Holyvigil