Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

EK Overview - Official discussion thread

EKs are a distraction from competing and winning the throne war.  I do not expect to even have time to play lego builder for the first CW and then only if there is a small gap to do so between CW endings and starts.  I have quite a list of EK pieces coming and will eventually set up with my liege the full public market, our guild private market and maybe my own vending shop.   The only thing that I get some possible EK anticipation from is building my community PvP Arena.  I see this taking most of my tiles and walls...   changing it around and hosting challenges with prizes could be more enjoyable than I imagine at this point.   

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

53 minutes ago, Nazdar said:

Very nice promo video.  While most of the old-timers aren't seeing anything new, this is a great primer to pass along to people new to Crowfall.  Well done!

Well I do think some of the details and examples were new.

Houses being placed on trees, removing the trees.

Renaming the "weight" idea on parcels to "tokens". 

Video of a town wall and building placement in real time.

It's really a good top level view of the entire model, in under 3 minutes.

3 hours ago, Tinnis said:

As a lowly bronze backer, with only some woods and a drinking horn of blood to my name, like a true hobo...

I will pay the iron price for anything I end up building from the campaign worlds...

"That bauble....was it bought with gold or iron?"

Tinnis, I will set up a box for you in my front yard. <3 drop by anytime.

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Home to basic crafting resources that are used to outfit your vessel or repair your structures...although the good stuff is retrieved from the campaigns.

Ok...I like the confirmation that we will be able to repair damaged structures and that we will need basic resources (cobblestone, slag and/or knotwood) to accomplish this.

...elegant towns and fortresses. They do this by using deeds they have crafted in game or purchased from the online store.

Ok...this is great information. This seems to indicate that all structures available in the online store should be craftable by players in game. Now, how long it will take to craft a Mountain Fortress is obviously unknown as is how much cobblestone will be required...but I definitely like this concept. I think its essential that all players, given the sufficient time and energy, should be able to craft all of the structures available in the online store.

A few follow up questions on this point...

1) I presume that same holds true for inside campaign worlds (that all structures will be craftable by creating deeds in game)? Do you anticipate the same amount of time to craft a small fortress for a Campaign World as it would take to craft one for an Eternal Kingdom?

2) Will Stone Masons be able to craft only the stone based deeds (wall pieces, stone gates, towers, etc.) while the Woodcrafter will craft the wood based deeds (wooden houses, wooden palisades, etc.)?

3) Can you explain how much in terms of resources will be required to craft these deeds? Is this something a couple of people could do within a reasonable time of pounding on cobblestone? Or will these deeds require the control of a "point of interest"(sawmill or quarry) to acquire the requisite amount of materials to construct the deed?

4) Will the stone and wood we presently get from ore nodes and trees even be the same resources needed to create these deeds?

5) Will there be varying qualities of resources and ultimately deeds as we presently see with other craftable items? i.e. will we have green quality gates, white quality walls and blue quality towers? The Stonemason skill tree shows the same experimentation pip training that we see from the Blacksmith seeming to indicate that the Stonemason will do experimentation when crafting a stone wall deed. Is this accurate?

6) What's your time frame for being able to craft the deeds we've been using in BuilderWorld? 

7) Will parcel deeds be craftable?

Edited by Gradishar

@Gradishar - ACE has been very quiet on the resource costs of any EK/CW building.  I'm sure they still haven't worked out the system and costs for any of these buildings and I doubt we won't know the costs until we are able to build freely on a Big World server.

Edited by Weebles
Updated profile tag

Official Moderator of the Unofficial Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

21 minutes ago, Weebles said:

@Gradishar - ACE has been very quiet on the resource costs of any EK/CW building.  I'm sure they still haven't worked out the system and costs for any of these buildings and I doubt we won't know the costs until we are able to build freely on a Big World server.

It's got to do with import/export rules. They've been incredibly vague on anything relating to do it - they probably have very little idea how to solve it yet.

Edited by ringhloth

9 hours ago, Weebles said:

One thing I notice is that all of these EK parcels have Slag, Knotwood, and Cobblestone populating the farm/town/city/etc parcels.  Does that mean that the Grove, Woodland, and Creek parcels were made redundant since those resources are already offered on all parcels?  Will these extra resource parcels have better spawning times/mechanics on them?

Well from the store images the resource parcels look to have an especially large amount of the basic materials.

1 hour ago, bairloch said:

Why always a video? Can't I just read an FAQ for 10 seconds?

Ugh.

Other than that, yeah. Pretty much what I expected.

Really?  I think that video shows more like the building tool and how everything works.  Plus you can see from the change how it affects someone in the real world.  Keep up the videos because they show so much and I guess don't want to read walls of text.

Edited by Gopher

The biggest question is can the owner dismantle the deeds/buildings into its basic resources like bricks and metal etc? The video only showed building:) The healthiest game economy will need this feature. 

Edited by Ironmike

The%20Crowfall%20Economist%20Official%20

Copyright-Ryan-Kirby-How-To-Decoy-Whitet

Im going to put up my dregs materials up for sale and let the word out.  Then I am going to keep pvp in the EK and kill carebears with alt accounts.  I will probably invite other people to get in on the action.  Letting them sale their higher tier mats and getting in on the hunting.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

17 hours ago, Gradishar said:

Ok...I like the confirmation that we will be able to repair damaged structures and that we will need basic resources (cobblestone, slag and/or knotwood) to accomplish this.

Ok...this is great information. This seems to indicate that all structures available in the online store should be craftable by players in game. Now, how long it will take to craft a Mountain Fortress is obviously unknown as is how much cobblestone will be required...but I definitely like this concept. I think its essential that all players, given the sufficient time and energy, should be able to craft all of the structures available in the online store.

A few follow up questions on this point...

1) I presume that same holds true for inside campaign worlds (that all structures will be craftable by creating deeds in game)? Do you anticipate the same amount of time to craft a small fortress for a Campaign World as it would take to craft one for an Eternal Kingdom?

2) Will Stone Masons be able to craft only the stone based deeds (wall pieces, stone gates, towers, etc.) while the Woodcrafter will craft the wood based deeds (wooden houses, wooden palisades, etc.)?

3) Can you explain how much in terms of resources will be required to craft these deeds? Is this something a couple of people could do within a reasonable time of pounding on cobblestone? Or will these deeds require the control of a "point of interest"(sawmill or quarry) to acquire the requisite amount of materials to construct the deed?

4) Will the stone and wood we presently get from ore nodes and trees even be the same resources needed to create these deeds?

5) Will there be varying qualities of resources and ultimately deeds as we presently see with other craftable items? i.e. will we have green quality gates, white quality walls and blue quality towers? The Stonemason skill tree shows the same experimentation pip training that we see from the Blacksmith seeming to indicate that the Stonemason will do experimentation when crafting a stone wall deed. Is this accurate?

6) What's your time frame for being able to craft the deeds we've been using in BuilderWorld? 

7) Will parcel deeds be craftable?

I think it's unlikely that we will get fast and detailed answers to these questions. So i'll try to help out a bit.

All ingame objects you can buy in the shop will be craftable in game with ingame materials. They said so from the beginning and repeated it several times since then. Crafting time -> see below.

1. We don't know if we will be as free as in the EK's, when it comes to building in the CW's. But: Plans are that new campaign worlds will run through a history simulator prior to the beginning of the campaign, which will simulate the rise and downfall of cultures that may/will leave things like cities, mills, etc. in different states of decay. The players will be able to build upon those ruins - to say: repair them. I could imagine completely free building possibilities might cause a lot of problems. So may be we will have to use those ruins.

2. Again we don't know the details. But: We had the example of a ballista tower where it was mentioned that a stone mason would build the basic stone tower, while a woodworker could build and attach a ballista to make it a ballista tower. So i would assume the answer is yes.

3. idk

4. I thinks it would be reasonable that you either use resources or materials that have been made of these resources. Just like with any other crafting recipe.

5. We don't know. But: We already got the information that you can use different materials when for example building a house - and by this change the visual outcome. Next thing is that voxels can have specific hitpoints and other characteristics. So technically it should be possible to give walls different hitpoints and mitigations and such, depending on the outcome of a crafting process. So, depending on the item you will be able to use different resource types and maybe qualities might have an influence either - at least it's technically possible.

6. See below.

7. As far as we know. Early skill tree sketches also included the a skill named geomancy.

Now to the time/resource cost thing. The brutal truth: We don't know. And i am pretty sure ACE don't kow yet either. I'd assume they have the general outlines done since a long time, but it is to early to publish definite statements. There is still too much to test that might have influence on those answers.

But: We can guess. :)

Strongholds/stronghold parcels have an individual number of supported players (as a current general idea) that can be extrapolated quiet well (see here). A small keep for example is currently meant to support about 20 players and mountain citadel (like the big castle) to support 120. Discussing the high shop prices of the bigger strongholds, ACE early mentioned that those prices are quiet relative, because the price per player would be roughly the same. So in the end it just depends on how many people work together.

It would make sense, when this is also true for the amount of time and resources, needed to build those deeds ingame. This would mean that 120 people would be able to build a large castle within the same time one single player would need to build a farm that supports 1 player -- and it would need about 120 times the resources. If you want to build a large castle completely on your own ... well, hope you've got some spare time in your pocket. ;)

Now to the campaigns. Campaigns are meant to last between 1 to 12 month. There will be four seasons, spring to winter, with the world becoming more dangerous and the resources become more sparse. The players will start to explore the map, build their bases, establish their economy and fight/defend more and more towards the end. Let's assume some things. In the longest campaign, players should be able to build the best stronghold, to say: a palace. They should be able to have it done somewhen between summer and fall of a campaign - let's say in the middle of a campaign the stronghold should stand. I'd say, in a 9 month campaign you should still be able to build a citadel and in a 6 month campaign a large castle.

So i would assume that the according number of supported players won't take longer than 6 month to build a palace, 4.5 month to build a citadel and 3 month to build a capitol... in a campaign. Always under the assumption that there are enough resources to do so. Which will be a problem when it comes to EK's, because you have to win campaigns or trade enough to get what you need. And those high end strongholds will require the best resources.

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

for real?

1) Merchant city with 0%VAT tax, only charge 10% from seller side.

2) arrange arena tournaments everyday, allow people to gamble if it's possible and reward the winners from the pool or grant houses/land.