Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Promotion Idea: Blood Mage


Jordanjd
 Share

Recommended Posts

I saw another thread about a lightning based mage. It seemed people disagreed with this because lightning can be seen as nature magic and thus used for the Druid class. How about we go sideways with the idea and introduce 'blood magic'. This may be similar to a necromancer type class, without raising the dead. Or maybe raise the dead the sky is the limit! I will be in servers testing with everyone tomorrow to hopefully make edits that will flow with CF better.

Passive ability: Do more damage the less health enemy has. (think, the more blood flow the more damage, the enemy is bleeding I have more power against it.)

Drain Blood: After an enemy is slain, drain their blood to gain some boon/buff.

Boil Blood: Launch projectile at enemy. After initial strike there will be some damage + debuff. Maybe setup so if enemy is hit multiple times the boil stacks expontentially before exploding damage. This works well since base Confessor is fire based.

Siphon Blood: The blood mage connects itself to its enemy, draining their life and healing its own.

Transfer Pain: This would be an interesting combination ability of the mage and its ally. Similar to siphon blood, the mage connects itself to an ally, and some % of damage received goes to an ally. Maybe this ability could also be used on enemies.

Blood Armor: Sacrifice a % of health to envelop yourself and allies in armor with high defensive ratings.

Rupture: A buff that causes physical attacks to bleed enemies over time.

 

Note: going to update this with ideas made throughout the thread and my own ideas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As cool as that sounds, promotions aren't intended to change the class to that extent. They more give you access to abilities that extend the existing kit in different ways. A promotion that doesn't have anything to do with the existing mechanics, like sin, and the existing themes, IE fire priest, isn't really something that could happen. What you're suggesting is a different archetype, something that I believe we've been told won't happen until after launch.

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think your ideas are really creative! I'm not sure how this promotion would tie into the Lore of the confessor (perhaps as an apostate or something?). But it'll be interesting to get the information about promotion classes when they release it- then we'll have a better idea of whats viable or not!

Edited by Nivhawk

Of the Hawk People

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Nivhawk said:

I think your ideas are really creative! I'm not sure how this promotion would tie into the Lore of the confessor (perhaps as an apostate or something?). But it'll be interesting to get the information about promotion classes when they release it- then we'll have a better idea of whats viable or not!

You're so nice! Perhaps too nice....since he/she plagiarized these abilities, both name and description from other games...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mivius said:

You're so nice! Perhaps too nice....since he/she plagiarized these abilities, both name and description from other games...

Meh, I'm not really concerned with plagiarism since this is speculation, and though OP said they'd "update" with their own ideas, they didn't go out and claim these ideas as originals. I'd rather stimulate speculation/conversation, especially from the new testers, instead of the alternative. 

 

Of the Hawk People

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Nivhawk said:

Meh, I'm not really concerned with plagiarism since this is speculation, and though OP said they'd "update" with their own ideas, they didn't go out and claim these ideas as originals. I'd rather stimulate speculation/conversation, especially from the new testers, instead of the alternative. 

 

Well plagiarism is a concern because it's the theft of someone else's ideas, and is illegal if any of those terms are copyrighted, I always see it as a concern.

While I welcome ideas, using an unoriginal name (meaning it's been utilized previously, by multiple games) and calling it a promotion class when all elements are taken from other game systems seems disingenuous.  And while he doesn't explicitly state it's an original idea, the title of the thread starting with 'Promotion Idea" certainly would lead one to believe that he is presenting an original idea, when all he's asking for is a blood mage/necromancer package from other game systems.

Similarly, while ideas are good to be fostered, since he has not even logged into test at all, where did they develop from? That's right, again, taken from elsewhere, apparently because that is what he wants to play.  Great, but don't try and pass it off as a new 'promotion idea'.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As others have said it's probably too dramatic of a change to be a promotion class. However it is a cool idea and I could see some of these ideas working their way into a new archetype. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, mivius said:

You're so nice! Perhaps too nice....since he/she plagiarized these abilities, both name and description from other games...

I wouldn't mind this discussion at all, if you can find any of this content under law please do fill me in. Also please show me knights, paladins, fireballs, druids, and other things while you are at it :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, mivius said:

Well plagiarism is a concern because it's the theft of someone else's ideas, and is illegal if any of those terms are copyrighted, I always see it as a concern.

While I welcome ideas, using an unoriginal name (meaning it's been utilized previously, by multiple games) and calling it a promotion class when all elements are taken from other game systems seems disingenuous.  And while he doesn't explicitly state it's an original idea, the title of the thread starting with 'Promotion Idea" certainly would lead one to believe that he is presenting an original idea, when all he's asking for is a blood mage/necromancer package from other game systems.

Similarly, while ideas are good to be fostered, since he has not even logged into test at all, where did they develop from? That's right, again, taken from elsewhere, apparently because that is what he wants to play.  Great, but don't try and pass it off as a new 'promotion idea'.

 

Pointing out all of the flaws in this argument are against what I want this thread to become. Fallacy argument from authority,  fallacy absence of evidence, and outside of logical issues plain mean :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Great idea, don't let the haters get you down.

Thanks! Some seem to get the idea that I claimed 100% original author of said information. 

 

P.S. if I had that I wouldn't give it away so freely!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Nivhawk said:

Meh, I'm not really concerned with plagiarism since this is speculation, and though OP said they'd "update" with their own ideas, they didn't go out and claim these ideas as originals. I'd rather stimulate speculation/conversation, especially from the new testers, instead of the alternative. 

 

Thanks! This is the idea of the thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...
On 3/31/2017 at 2:12 PM, mivius said:

Well plagiarism is a concern because it's the theft of someone else's ideas, and is illegal if any of those terms are copyrighted, I always see it as a concern.

While I welcome ideas, using an unoriginal name (meaning it's been utilized previously, by multiple games) and calling it a promotion class when all elements are taken from other game systems seems disingenuous.  And while he doesn't explicitly state it's an original idea, the title of the thread starting with 'Promotion Idea" certainly would lead one to believe that he is presenting an original idea, when all he's asking for is a blood mage/necromancer package from other game systems.

Similarly, while ideas are good to be fostered, since he has not even logged into test at all, where did they develop from? That's right, again, taken from elsewhere, apparently because that is what he wants to play.  Great, but don't try and pass it off as a new 'promotion idea'.

 

dude what is plagiarism here exactly? are you in your first year of school or something throwing out a new word you learned? nobody owns the rights to fairy tale blood magic mages. thats like saying the game smite owns the rights to every god used in their game, or WoW can sue you for putting a gnome in your game. tf? its a creativity issue, obviously if you make a blood mage it cant be a REPLICATION because people will call your game copy and paste. clearly the team at crowfall is able to think on their own and make good ideas so if they want a cool original blood mage like a lot of us do, it will happen. do i see it being a subclass of the holy fire mage? hell no. they will more than likely release some kind of necro type dark mage in the future because people like that stuff, it has many playstyles and cool animations. i +1 the idea for blood mages but -1 the idea of it being a subclass of the holy mage unless there is some kinda subquest attached to a complete change on the lore. maybe chaos has blood mages balance has arcane mages and order has holy fire mages. that would give people even more incentive to play different factions instead of what i currently see (90% of people going to balance to play 3 sides instead of 1) because it sure af gets lonely here on order. but that would push me even further to go chaos, so our population redeemer would have to be our self healing paladins on order while chaos gets the myrmidon rage tanks and balance gets the shield tank damage mitigation master. im just spit-balling here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...