Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Urahara

Destiny 2

4 minutes ago, Vectious said:

Hopefully its on time, not years behind schedule like StarCitizen. 

Lol, You know that is going to trigger Urahara, you naughty naughty boy.

But yea, it's become far too common for games to over hype deadlines.  It's a tough tight rope to walk. Tell people it will take half a decade before they can have the shinny they are paying for now, or keep extending the "two years" deadline into eternity.

Reminds me of the construction workers in Money Pit. "Two Weeks".

Money_pit_movie_poster.jpg

2 hours ago, Vectious said:

Hopefully its on time, not years behind schedule like StarCitizen. 

Star Citizen isnt behind the schedule, there isnt a schedule for Star Citizen. But they surely are taking their time, but they are also working really hard. Its just that the scale of the game is incredible. But Alpha 3 needs to come somewhere this year, or people will get frustrated.

2 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Lol, You know that is going to trigger Urahara, you naughty naughty boy.

But yea, it's become far too common for games to over hype deadlines.  It's a tough tight rope to walk. Tell people it will take half a decade before they can have the shinny they are paying for now, or keep extending the "two years" deadline into eternity.

Reminds me of the construction workers in Money Pit. "Two Weeks".

The two years wait game was applied by ACE pretty hard, and massively missed though. Like all the other developer do.

Its always like 2 years you have to wait, because thats not too distant so that people get uninterested. The 2 years developer wait game.

And you lot let yourselves get fooled far too easy by that.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

27 minutes ago, Eren said:

Bad company, first game proven disappointment. Meh, and there are people who even pre order this sh!t ?

Wrong on this, Bungie is superb and has a proven track record...   Marathon, Marathon II and Infinity, Myth, MythII Soulblighter, then the hiccup that was Uni...   then Halo (Microsoft bought them for Xbox 1 release).  Now they are independent again and Destiny has some following, D2 will improve the niche.   Shooter is not my style but Alex and Jason have done well.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Somehow this gives me the feeling Boderlands 3 wont have much success. They would have to stretch very very far to reach a level thats good, or as good as Destiny 2 probably. All the people from Borderlands 2 are gone anyway from Gearbox. Its gonna be hard, after the release of Destiny 2 for Borderlands 3. They produced nothing but bad games after Borderlands 2.

Edited by Urahara

6 minutes ago, Urahara said:

Star Citizen isnt behind the schedule, there isnt a schedule for Star Citizen. But they surely are taking their time, but they are also working really hard. Its just that the scale of the game is incredible. But Alpha 3 needs to come somewhere this year, or people will get frustrated.

The two years wait game was played by ACE pretty hard, and massively missed though. Like all the other developer do.

Its always like 2 years you have to wait, because thats not too distant so that people get uninterested. The 2 years developer wait game.

And you lot let yourselves get fooled far too easy by that.

It hasn't even been 2 years since the studio began actually working on the game... it is just now 2 years since kickstarter funding began.  

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

11 minutes ago, Frykka said:

It hasn't even been 2 years since the studio began actually working on the game... it is just now 2 years since kickstarter funding began.  

its been more than 2 years actually, they started working on the game already before KS. They tried kickstarter first, but if it would have failed, they would have been gone for publishers, this or that way, kickstarter wasnt the one thing, and if it workd we will make the game or not, they were determined to make the game this or the other way.

2 minutes ago, Vectious said:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen

Odd, because that sort of says in plain text Nov 2014. 

This says nothing, its for a game that isnt developed anymore.
Honestly, this is just playin stupid, the game that was proposed there isnt existing anymore, the game ambition raised far far higher with ongoing funding. And you cant make the most ambitioned and complex game in just 2 years, you know?  Thats impossible.

Destiny having the biggest budget of all times though, really isnt living up to that. Its really pretty basic gameplay with much show around it. I really dont know where they are spending the money on, but they are spending it wrong. Star Citizen is actually delivering much much more than this small game Destiny.

Destiny is console and PC so it made money no matter the high cost...   millions of console kids have bought it so Bungie is doing fine, thus D2.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

20 minutes ago, Urahara said:

Honestly, this is just playin stupid, the game that was proposed there isnt existing anymore, the game ambition raised far far higher with ongoing funding. And you cant make the most ambitioned and complex game in just 2 years, you know?  Thats impossible.

Couldn't you say the same about Crowfall? ACE only wanted to raise $800,000 and they received $1,766,204. Star Citizen wanted to raise $500,000 and they received $2,134,374. Both of these numbers then went and increased due to additional fundraising and their own store sales. I'm sure both projects decided to go above and beyond their project scope due to the increase of additional funds that they saw come in.

Official Moderator of the Unofficial Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

26 minutes ago, Urahara said:

its been more than 2 years actually, they started working on the game already before KS. They tried kickstarter first, but if it would have failed, they would have been gone for publishers, this or that way, kickstarter wasnt the one thing, and if it workd we will make the game or not, they were determined to make the game this or the other way.

Nice double standard...

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

23 minutes ago, Urahara said:

its been more than 2 years actually, they started working on the game already before KS.

Wrong... very wrong actually.  Concept art and selling a concept by a crew of 4-5 people is not considered in the actual development timeline.  When was the Unity license purchased and when did the studio start hiring engineers, programmers and artists.  That would be the start date... I believe this happened in the spring of 2015 after the Kickstarter success.   The announcement of the use of Unity 5 was on March 4th 2015 https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crowfall/crowfall-throne-war-pc-mmo/posts/1154674.

We are just approaching the actual 2 year mark.

You simply need to put less salt in your soup sir!

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

58 minutes ago, Frykka said:

Wrong... very wrong actually.  Concept art and selling a concept by a crew of 4-5 people is not considered in the actual development timeline.  When was the Unity license purchased and when did the studio start hiring engineers, programmers and artists.  That would be the start date... I believe this happened in the spring of 2015 after the Kickstarter success.   The announcement of the use of Unity 5 was on March 4th 2015 https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crowfall/crowfall-throne-war-pc-mmo/posts/1154674.

We are just approaching the actual 2 year mark.

You simply need to put less salt in your soup sir!

Concepting the game is working on the of course already, actually they had quite a few of team members when the KS campaign started and the goal was reached after the first 2 days, so its in development at least until that date.

1 hour ago, Weebles said:

Couldn't you say the same about Crowfall? ACE only wanted to raise $800,000 and they received $1,766,204. Star Citizen wanted to raise $500,000 and they received $2,134,374. Both of these numbers then went and increased due to additional fundraising and their own store sales. I'm sure both projects decided to go above and beyond their project scope due to the increase of additional funds that they saw come in.

Star Citizen kept getting more and more money and the game scale raised together with it, so that by now it is the biggest and most complex game ever being developed.

Crowfall didnt raise its game scale at all, they didnt expand on anything from when their crowdfunding campaign was successful, and early announced to not add new stretch goals, after their original game vision was realized within the funding they received. If at all the game vision of Crowfall was downscaled, like it is not anymore part of the game concept that you will be able to destruct anything in the game. You cant shoot a fireball, destroying a wall which falls onto your enemy.

What Destiny 2 means for Borderlands 3 is actually much more interesting than this nicknack you are going for.
With such a high funding Destiny has, the highest of all times, I would really expect something of Destiny 2. You dont have the highest funding and announce part 2 a few years already after part 1 for nothing. You would need to make a sifnificant other or richer type of gameplay to justify the 2 in the name of the successor.

Edited by Urahara

In practical terms, it's the same way my parents used to tell me when the car trip would end when I was five.

"How much longer?"

"Ten more minutes."

ten minutes later

"How much longer?"

"Ten more minutes."

ten minutes later

Et cetera et cetera until we got there. Knowing how far away something is won't get you there any faster, and telling people numbers that you pulled out of thin air can backfire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

1 hour ago, Urahara said:

I mean that says they are making StarCitizen. So they either failed to make it or they are delaying in making it. Its not difficult. 

What you are talking about are excuses, nothing more. 

CfWBSig.png