Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Urahara

Destiny 2

Star Citizen will never develop fully anyways. It's a giant money sink. They will inevitably go bankrupt before they are any where near release. Funny watching people hype that game and stand up for it consistently with there own personal development goggles. "Keep making more ships guys, more, more, more! People are spending $500!"

There's so many features in that game (too many), it's going to be pointless as the general census of gamers play on a more casual basis then what it was 10 years ago. People want to log in and do stuff, have fun, and go back to life stuff. Hence large success with MOBAS.

Majority of gamers:
1. Won't be able to run it.

2. Won't do half the features they are "trying" to implement
3. Will burn out rather quickly

4. End up playing games that are actually going to release. Not vaporware.

2 hours ago, Urahara said:

Star Citizen isnt behind the schedule, there isnt a schedule for Star Citizen. But they surely are taking their time, but they are also working really hard. Its just that the scale of the game is incredible. But Alpha 3 needs to come somewhere this year, or people will get frustrated.

The two years wait game was applied by ACE pretty hard, and massively missed though. Like all the other developer do.

Its always like 2 years you have to wait, because thats not too distant so that people get uninterested. The 2 years developer wait game.

And you lot let yourselves get fooled far too easy by that.

Says the guy with gold wings on his badge.

Go take a nap or something, or re-read the latest "Around the Verse" where CR tells you all about the nifty trips around the world he is taking.

I wouldn't mind if you slagged all delayed games equally, but to ignore Start Citizens delays and still rave about it.....

Sad, very sad.

[NOTE: I also still have hopes for SC, and have a couple of decent packages, but it's just willful blindness at this point to ignore the facts that they are WAY WAY WAY behind release expectations from over reaching feature creep.]  

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

1 minute ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Go take a nap or something, or re-read the latest "Around the Verse" where CR tells you all about the nifty trips around the world he is taking.

I wouldn't mind if you slagged all delayed games equally, but to ignore Start Citizens delays and still rave about it.....

Sad, very sad.

[NOTE: I also still have hopes for SC, and have a couple of decent packages, but it's just willful blindness at this point to ignore the facts that they are WAY WAY WAY behind release expectations from over reaching expectations.]  

Funny story. Originally, SC had a guarantee in their EULA. If they didn't meet their initial proposed deadline in 2015, they contractually guaranteed every backer a full refund. They also reserved the fairly standard right to change their EULA without informing customers. In the summer of 2015, they silently removed that guaranteed refund before they were forced to offer all their backers refunds. How much do you want to bet that you didn't notice that change before signing away your refund to the sneakiest, sleaziest, Apple-Store-iest hogwash ever to Apple Store a sneaky sleaze?

Now, pay up. I won that bet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

1 hour ago, Urahara said:

Concepting the game is working on the of course already, actually they had quite a few of team members when the KS campaign started and the goal was reached after the first 2 days, so its in development at least until that date.

pffft!  oink...  bong bong!   dithhhhppppp....   chicka chicka chicks   clang...    survey says,  errrrrrrnnnnnt!  XXX

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

1 hour ago, goose said:

Funny story. Originally, SC had a guarantee in their EULA. If they didn't meet their initial proposed deadline in 2015, they contractually guaranteed every backer a full refund. They also reserved the fairly standard right to change their EULA without informing customers. In the summer of 2015, they silently removed that guaranteed refund before they were forced to offer all their backers refunds. How much do you want to bet that you didn't notice that change before signing away your refund to the sneakiest, sleaziest, Apple-Store-iest hogwash ever to Apple Store a sneaky sleaze?

Now, pay up. I won that bet.

Actually, I saw that change coming a mile away. Was very active on the forums during that time, and there was quite a bit of chatter about it.

Sorry, but you owe me, shall we say 50 purple iron? 

5 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Actually, I saw that change coming a mile away. Was very active on the forums during that time, and there was quite a bit of chatter about it.

Sorry, but you owe me, shall we say 50 purple iron? 

I was talking specifically to Urahara, but just quoting you because it was intended as an elaboration on what you had said. :P But since he now owes me, say, 50 purple iron, why not just collect directly from him? I'm not a bookie. v.v

Edit: though I can see how you might not have discerned my specific intent from my complete and total failure to mention any such thing. xD

Edited by goose

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

10 minutes ago, goose said:

I was talking specifically to Urahara, but just quoting you because it was intended as an elaboration on what you had said. :P But since he now owes me, say, 50 purple iron, why not just collect directly from him? I'm not a bookie. v.v

Edit: though I can see how you might not have discerned my specific intent from my complete and total failure to mention any such thing. xD

Welp, if I ever see him in game, I will make sure to collect from him, voluntarily or otherwise.

1 minute ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Welp, if I ever see him in game, I will make sure to collect from him, voluntarily or otherwise.

As the promissory, consider me contractually bound to help whenever possible.

Edit: or whatever the correct legal term is for the person who wrote and signed a promissory note? Or some such nonsense? Shut up. >:

Edited by goose

2 minutes ago, goose said:

As the promissory, consider me contractually bound to help whenever possible.

Well if he never shows up in game here, I'll let you Rio Seat in my Super Hornet and we can take a few credits off him, if SC ever gets that far.

Just now, KrakkenSmacken said:

Well if he never shows up in game here, I'll let you Rio Seat in my Super Hornet and we can take a few credits off him, if SC ever gets that far.

I promise not to crash it.

9 hours ago, Ravenxx said:

Star Citizen will never develop fully anyways. It's a giant money sink. They will inevitably go bankrupt before they are any where near release. Funny watching people hype that game and stand up for it consistently with there own personal development goggles. "Keep making more ships guys, more, more, more! People are spending $500!"

There's so many features in that game (too many), it's going to be pointless as the general census of gamers play on a more casual basis then what it was 10 years ago. People want to log in and do stuff, have fun, and go back to life stuff. Hence large success with MOBAS.

Majority of gamers:
1. Won't be able to run it.

2. Won't do half the features they are "trying" to implement
3. Will burn out rather quickly

4. End up playing games that are actually going to release. Not vaporware.

Its not all wrong what you say, but there is still a lot of people out there looking for something else than just a MOBA and instant fun. Fun can be a lot of different things for a lot of different people. Some like fishing, some not, some enjoy this, some not. There is still a lot of people looking for a MMO game thats worth it, but there jsut simply isnt, but if someone would create it and successful transform a well made MMO game design, it would be a big success, commercial as well as technological and gamewise, no doubt.

I dont think they will bankrupt though, CR will be able to obtain money elsewhere if needed, they purely finance theirselves through crowdfunding, they could go for money elsewhere without problems, like ACE did, but they just dont need to yet. And if it would fall, someone of the big publishers like Microsoft or something would gladly pick it up. There is so much incredible and valueable working been gone into this project, that it would be a huge waste and plain stupid to not pick it up and give the little funding left to finlize it and make a good game and big profit out of it.

Whatever will come out of it, will be a worthwile experience at least and the best MMO of all times for sure. It will be really nice and worth it. After Everquest Next is gone its really the best and even only bet currently.

8 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Sad, very sad.

[NOTE: I also still have hopes for SC, and have a couple of decent packages, but it's just willful blindness at this point to ignore the facts that they are WAY WAY WAY behind release expectations from over reaching feature creep.]  

Star Citizen is just not so easy to make, if it was that easy, there would be dozens of new MMOs being developed all with amazing new technology and stuff, but there isnt any. At least no big one, which could be a real game changer. And the workload the people have is really heavy, they really work really hard for it, but thats the thing, these developers want to play the game theirselves, they are interested into this theirselves, unlike alomost any other game being developed nowadays. The developers dont even play it or are interested into it theirselves. With Star Citizen its totally different, CR and all the devs are very interested into it personally, they are engaged personally, thats what makes the difference. So if people work really hard and are this much personally engaged, have that much of ambition and are this much transparent, I really dont know what I should criticize really.

I just wish sometimes they wouldnt go so much into their ambition, its really, they are putting that much effort into things, its really overdoing it sometimes, especially in alpha. Creating polished assets (ships) in alpha because of open development for players, which need to get fully reworked from ground up anyway, is just a huge waste. They rework every ship they already had for players to fly in currently, that was a huge waste of work, to create them this much polished and detailed, nobody would do that normally in alpha. But it was due to the crowdfunding and peopel wanted to see or get something. They had to show something that players would like, and normal alpha assets jsut arent intended for having fun with it, but just for testing. So it was a huge waste of course poorly, but also I can see why they made it.

To the rest of your babbling, I will join testing if the mini campaigns (first campaign worlds) will start, which were told to start already more than half a year ago. Before its just not enjoyable to play, it seems to be just grinding and PvP at the moment. I got annoyed and was downturned by the intended bad combat design of Crowfall, and the unawareness of ACE of what good combat is like, and even more though despite the huge player feedback they received concerning that for half a year without seemingly willing to notice or accept that even. Was a realy let down and really wondering, how industry veterans couldnt notice that, not talking about knowing theirselves if their own combat design is bad or not.

So dont worry, if its all been finally, after wasting this much time, been improved and is somewhat acceptable I will gladly come back for testing. I just didnt saw a meaning of still engaging and testing if the feedback isnt accepted. Also it just wasnt fun anymore.
In Star Citizen it will be fun hopefully too. We can crew the Hull E or fly around in the Carrack if you like. Hopefully they will make it in game though soon, and 3.0 needs to come out.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.