Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Scree

Leatherworking: The Worst Gathering Skill

Just thought I'd put this out there;

Leather armor in general is at a huge disadvantage within Crowfall. Considering all other nodes are generally accessible without conflict, and also considering that the drop rate volumes between node types (wood/stone/ore) are fairly similar (if skills are trained to the same level)... this means that basically Leatherworkers are at a perpetual disadvantage. 

Why?

Because Leatherworkers have to kill a mob first to gain any resources. THEN harvest it for resources.

I propose two alternative solutions to this disadvantage;

1. Introduce non-monster mobs into the game, a "pig" or a "bear" that is not merged or altered by the "Hunger". These would have relatively low hp pools, making it easy to kill them in one or two hits. 
  2. or Alternatively, they'll need to drastically increase the drop rate of leather from mobs to account for the increased time-to-gather necessary to match other resource types in quantity dropped.

Thoughts?

Are you seriously claiming that a cat is more dangerous than a resource node?

You really need to work hard to get hit by a cat...

Edited by narsille

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

But animals also provide meat, hunger shards, blood, and bone. That's five resources from one node type, I think the next highest is trees at four.

Also the increased difficulty of harvesting= increased demand= people will be willing to give more for it.

I don't think the time it takes to kill mobs will cause any sort of major disadvantage. Even if it were took take considerably more time to kill mobs and skin them, they can just increase the number of mobs and reduce the amount of other resources (stone/wood/ore). This would cause players to spend more time searching for resources equaling  out the time difference. Also the idea of just killing non-monster mobs seems kinda lame and may take away from the survival aspect of the game. 

As long as leather armor remains valuable then this is a non issue. The market will adjust accordingly if the leather supply is less.