Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tinnis

Video - Caldera - Druid - "Hold the Villa"

Recommended Posts

Our 5 man group had good fun stalking and suicidally attacking 10-15 Winterblades while they were scrimming on Sunday evening.

Things went especially well when we found a Villa to fortify...

Good fun all!

(bring on points of interests and bring back chokepoints!)

p.s. bonus clip of stumbling across everyone's community favorite Facerip while hunting and giving him a group hug....

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a good example that illustrates, albeit not perfectly, the kinds of issues groups might have to contend with when attacking a fixed-point objective instead of just participating in roaming pvp in an open field. 


Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

This is a good example that illustrates, albeit not perfectly, the kinds of issues groups might have to contend with when attacking a fixed-point objective instead of just participating in roaming pvp in an open field. 

Yes, especially since they added the Templar. By simply standing in the door, dropping my Divine Light, and spamming Parry - > Knockdown, it's basically impossible to get past me. 


o8WHnLc.png


THE most active European guild. Join us now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Supreeme said:

Yes, especially since they added the Templar. By simply standing in the door, dropping my Divine Light, and spamming Parry - > Knockdown, it's basically impossible to get past me. 

Imagine a coordinated group using a knight with lots of mass to break through that front line in a live game.  Going to be awesome to consider all of the possibilities and creative tactics people can come up with once all of the classes and disciplines are in!


Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Imagine a coordinated group using a knight with lots of mass to break through that front line in a live game.  Going to be awesome to consider all of the possibilities and creative tactics people can come up with once all of the classes and disciplines are in!

If only mass worked properly :( But yeah, that will be awesome once they fix it. 


o8WHnLc.png


THE most active European guild. Join us now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had fun. I'm glad to see this works pretty well (defensive fortifications actuality providing defense).

I played Druid the entire weekend save for those few hours. The one time we really could have used a Druid we didn't have one. I think Druids may have a place, situationally, despite their problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @Tinnis, just thought I would take this chance to correct you on your post.  You are very wrong with your numbers in this fight and I suggest you re-watch the video.  At 2:10 you will clearly see your second Druid kill herself in the house which caused the fight to be with 4 Caldera, not 5!  How dare you try to inflate your numbers to look better in the Crowfall communities eyes!!

 

(/s - if this is required)


   Official Moderator of the Unofficial Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Weebles said:

Hey @Tinnis, just thought I would take this chance to correct you on your post.  You are very wrong with your numbers in this fight and I suggest you re-watch the video.  At 2:10 you will clearly see your second Druid kill herself in the house which caused the fight to be with 4 Caldera, not 5!  How dare you try to inflate your numbers to look better in the Crowfall communities eyes!!

Abelistah returns and gets back into the house around the 6 minute mark.


IhhQKY6.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CAL crashed our scrims a few times and couldn't make any progress with 5 on 12-14.  They did come back persistently from the temples.  Personally, i liked their attempts to try and snag a kill by double druid buffing Yumx's champ.  Blair has much scorn for the Champ AT, even with damage boosts it doesn't have the HP to not fall over or be forced to run away.

The hide in the house stuff was creative. Tornadoes go over them instead of in :(.

When I dived my group in I called a retreat as soon as we got hit with the Ult spam and got out except littleone on her fessor.

We walked away leaving CAL to their house and went back to scrimming.  CAL eventually went back to trying to hit us in the open to no effect.  

Clearly, we need pop-up houses added to crafting to help deal with numbers disparities.

 

Edited by angelmar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, angelmar said:

CAL crashed our scrims a few times and couldn't make any progress with 5 on 12-14.  They did come back persistently from the temples.  Personally, i liked their attempts to try and snag a kill by double druid buffing Yumx's champ.  Blair has much scorn for the Champ AT, even with damage boosts it doesn't have the HP to not fall over or be forced to run away.

The hide in the house stuff was creative. Tornadoes go over them instead of in :(.

When I dived my group in I called a retreat as soon as we got hit with the Ult spam and got out except littleone on her fessor.

We walked away leaving CAL to their house and went back to scrimming.  CAL eventually went back to trying to hit us in the open to no effect.  

Clearly, we need pop-up houses added to crafting to help deal with numbers disparities.

 

Yea it's important for people to be able to make calls at the right time and for others under their command to be able to follow them quickly with no delay.  Gotta know when to retreat when another team is playing in a superior manner and regroup to try and beat them next time.


Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Yea it's important for people to be able to make calls at the right time and for others under their command to be able to follow them quickly with no delay.  Gotta know when to retreat when another team is playing in a superior manner and regroup to try and beat them next time.

Something like that. Gratz to CAL they got 1 kill and delayed our scrimming agenda for 10 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

re: mass and breaking front lines...

I'd hope that would be a Legio thing (the knight holds the line instead...)

make the horse horsey again! 'member linebreaker? 'member scatter horde?

2 hours ago, Weebles said:

@TinnisAt 2:10 you will clearly see your second Druid kill herself

Twas a bleed from myrmidon :) (sadly they didnt call out the bleed...could of kept alive...)

2 hours ago, angelmar said:

CAL crashed our scrims a few times and couldn't make any progress with 5 on 12-14.  They did come back persistently from the temples.  Personally, i liked their attempts to try and snag a kill by double druid buffing Yumx's champ.  Blair has much scorn for the Champ AT, even with damage boosts it doesn't have the HP to not fall over or be forced to run away

Yea...obviously we werent going to make a big impact...was just a fun game of hunting, sneaking up and seeing how many kills we could get before dead :)

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The legio isn't really being designed as a front line assaulter so I don't see this being good unless they drastically change the nature of the role.  It seems more suited for the knight to be able to stun or knockdown people and break through them. 

That being said, it all would depend on how people are reacting to the meta.  Obviously it will be harder to break through lines if the people holding those lines are trying to spec and build specifically to hold a line. 

Anything is possible though, still lots of game to be made, but this video was nice, most of the crowfall team fights end up looking pretty generic, this was a less common situation and it played out well.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2017 at 11:39 PM, Hyriol said:

You guys did a great job keeping a low profile with a whole group of people to hide.  You must've been very close to nameplate range the one time before being spotted.  Very impressive.

It was fun game of cat and mouse vs you and Jah as scouts and sneaking along the terrain! :)

6 hours ago, Rikutatis said:

LOL, nice HODOR defense guys. @Tinnis, I noticed that at around 5:00 you used your C offensively (great move btw), but for some reason it didn't go into cooldown? 

It was interrupted (boo so much for invuln!), which apprently prevents the proper consumption of soul power charge in this example

p.s. this move is only called "The druid blender" and i usually announce it as such over voice! :P

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...