Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Purple Ore/Wood/Stone

Izalea

Hi Everyone!

I just got involved in the testing process, and I've been grinding it out a bit all weekend.  One thing I noticed is people talking about purple quality ores/wood/stone.  All weekend I saw some blues, greens uncommonly and whites all over the place.  I honestly thought blue was the highest I could pull off!  How are we mining/chopping purples?

For info: I have 4 harvesting pots on (skip dust and mothernode), tools are typically between 12-25 +mining/logging and I am training into basic crafting > blacksmithing for now

Thanks~

Skills in the mining/whatever tree. Better picks with higher crit chance. The buff you get from one of the pot after destroying a node. And the big one. Harvesting from rank 5 nodes on corruption. Scorn faction servers have rank 4 nodes greatly lowering the chance for a purple drop.

@srathor is 100% correct.  The Rank 4 nodes have a very low drop rate and are not worth farming if you are aiming for Blue or Purple qualities.  I would recommend switching to the Corruption (FFA/Non Faction) server to do the majority of your farming.  You have the correct tool strength for those nodes and you will see a large increase in the higher level materials you receive.

Official Moderator of the Community Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

As folks have noted, in order to reliably collect purples you want to

1.  Have your crit chance be as high as possible

The best way to do this is to have high quality tools that use silver + gold ore during the construction process

2.  Have a full set of pots (with plentiful harvest being the most important)

Most of your purples get generated when you cap the node.

3.  Be able to kill a node using less than one stamina bar

You want to have a constant stream of beneficial harvest procs

I generally like to have tools with +30 to mining and +4.5 or so for your crit chance...

If you need some really good tools, consider swinging by Narsille's house of tools!  (Closed this weekend cause I am partying in Chengdu)

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

32 minutes ago, narsille said:

As folks have noted, in order to reliably collect purples you want to

1.  Have your crit chance be as high as possible

The best way to do this is to have high quality tools that use silver + gold ore during the construction process

2.  Have a full set of pots (with plentiful harvest being the most important)

Most of your purples get generated when you cap the node.

3.  Be able to kill a node using less than one stamina bar

You want to have a constant stream of beneficial harvest procs

I generally like to have tools with +30 to mining and +4.5 or so for your crit chance...

If you need some really good tools, consider swinging by Narsille's house of tools!  (Closed this weekend cause I am partying in Chengdu)

Been trying to figure out the impact of #3 for a while now. It seems Beneficial Harvest applies either a bonus to stamina for the allotted time (usually ~40 seconds for me) or to tool damage. Does it also increase the quality of the material produced? My tools average +23-33 and +3.5-5 Crit Chance (not including +20% tool damage from skills) and I don't think I've noticed any difference to my purple generation since I was using +12 tools with the same Crit Chance and no skill bonus. I may just be unobservant but I'm logging maybe 4 hours per day harvesting each test day so I feel like I'd have noticed a change.

Otherwise, yeah, everything Narille, Baldking, Srathor, and Weebles say is correct.